FLL Shooter Esteban Santiago Alias Aashik Hammid Since 2007

depotoo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2012
so, turns out he has -Esteban Santiago-Ruiz- been posting on MySpace since 2007 under the name Aashik Hammad. Recorded Islamic music, etc. Three years before Iraq.

He also planned a trip to NYC for New Years Eve, but due to finding out about the heavy security presence changed it to his Fort Lauderdale destination.

ABC states it is being investigated. Too bad they couldn't check social media when he was on the radar of the FBI, etc. Once again, this admins policies failed us. And more died.

And he worked for a security company, just like the last 7 or so -mentally ill- Islamists murderers, or attempted murderers did from the US. A simple coincidence? Unlikely.

So tired of the cover ups.

Cancelled New Year's Trip to New York for Fort Lauderdale Suspect
Search Twitter - #AashiqHammad
US: ‘Things Went Wrong’ in Shooting Suspect’s Background Check
Esteban Santiago: Gritty life on the Alaska streets

Starting to sound a lot like my current theory - A refugee so the FBI let him go rather than cause a politically uncomfortable scene.

Ft. Lauderdale airport shooter pleads not guilty...
confused.gif

Shooting suspect pleads not guilty in deadly Florida airport attack
Mon Jan 30, 2017 - A 26-year-old Iraq war veteran pleaded not guilty on Monday to federal charges accusing him of opening fire in the baggage claim area of a Florida airport this month in an attack that killed five people.
Esteban Santiago, 26, wore shackles and a red jail jumpsuit at his arraignment hearing in federal court in Fort Lauderdale, near the airport where the Jan. 6 shooting occurred.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Barry Seltzer read aloud the 22 criminal counts Santiago faces, emphasizing the names of those killed. Santiago is charged with violence at an airport causing death and injury, as well as firearms crimes. "Yes," said Santiago, acknowledging the charges, some of which are punishable by life imprisonment or death if he is convicted. The U.S. Attorney General will decide whether to seek a death sentence.

r

Prosecutors say Santiago planned the shooting, which also left six people wounded. They accuse him of aiming at victims' heads and bodies at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport until he ran out of ammunition. He was immediately taken into custody. Santiago, who served in Iraq from 2010 to 2011, had a history of erratic behavior. Authorities have said they were investigating whether mental illness played a role in the attack.

Santiago traveled from Alaska to Florida on a one-way airline ticket with a handgun and ammunition in his checked luggage, a criminal complaint said. Upon arrival, he claimed his gun case and loaded the weapon in a men's bathroom, then opened fire on the first people he encountered after exiting, it noted. Santiago told investigators he was inspired by Islamic State and had previously chatted online with Islamist extremists, according to FBI testimony presented in court.

Shooting suspect pleads not guilty in deadly Florida airport attack

I think the dude is /insane/ obviously since he lost it in an airport, but I'm not so sure that argument is going to fly in court because supposedly he was psych tested by the FBI and they decided he wasn't a threat and wasn't nuts.

Dudes life fell apart over the past year since he was dishonorably discharged from the military after being sent up here I guess in 2014. There are at least two domestic violence reports against him, as well as his neighbors saying he changed massively over the past year. The words being used up here are "he went dark" - which is Alaska speak for "dude's dangerous" (no idea why the FBI ignored that shit, unless they didn't actually speak to his exes and neighbors... entirely possible FBI are 'foreign' implants from the lower 48 for the most part so they don't understand Alaska any more than DC does. We didn't really even have any for a long time, they showed up in the idk 2006-2008 range and haven't gotten a very good welcome from my fellow Alaskan's. There is a lot of government mistrust up here. I took to em easier because our neighbors were FBI imports from Cuba and we all got along great - well enough to take down the fence between our homes so our dogs and children could play together. I can tell you that the Vet's here in my town don't trust the FBI one shred, like enemies frankly - I'd gotten into /many/ arguments at community meetings defending my past neighbors who were convinced that my neighbors were spying on them. ~sigh~ )

----

Anyway back to this dude and what I think happened to him. If I had to guess, his experiences with "whats accepted" in the lower 48 military/military at large, and whats allowed in the Alaska military was probably a very jarring experience. I've been saying for decades that Alaska is like an entirely different country from the lower 48, we do not tolerate /half/ the shit you folks do down there, we're big time military and supporters of 'traditional' America - not modern America if that makes sense. Once he was booted from the military he probably fell to drinking, that is the typical response up here (my husband drank himself stupid after being forced to retire for adultery [and adding to the gall of course the CIC at the time was porking interns in the oval office])

It common in Alaska that when shit goes bad you drink (because frankly there's not much else to do to hide from your reality, there's pot but as anyone who has done it knows, there's not enough "bite to it" for shit like that - Pot is more of a "happy person" drug rather than a "I'm depressed" drug. I have no doubt that his future was looking pretty fucked, and especially up here (because while we're huge on hiring military folk, we have a defiant bias against 'dishonorably discharged' folks, after all the majority of us have folks in the military, we don't like anyone who is perceived as a 'threat' or 'danger' to them.) Though the Pentagon and Alaska forces won't say why this guy was outsted, the rumor in the military community here is that he was slapping his GF around which absolutely doesn't fly up here (we have a big problem with traditional native culture and spousal abuse as you can see by our domestic violence stats.) Personally, I'm leaning toward they discovered he was playing around with some ISIS recruiter on the internet if you know what I mean, but it's also possible he turned to that thinking to get "revenge" against the military for ruining his life...

I figure rather like an animal who's cornered ya know, he started lashing out - but Alaskan's have no patience for folks who can't control themselves. This is a harsh environment and as a direct result we're pretty harsh people (especially further up north), so I have no doubt he found little sympathy from Alaskan friends, nor any employers he managed to find (aka low wage, national companies [box stores] that pay at least half as much and as I recall visiting Fairbanks back in 2009 or so there's a Home Depot, a Lowes, and a Wal-mart. There was a McDonalds, a Taco Bell, a Subway, and I think Carls Jr was being built though I can't recall exactly. So essentially 6 or 7 places that would likely even give him a chance.) Even if he did get on alright with whatever [crappy] replacement job he found, he probably lost a lot of shit; cars, houses (especially if he was living on base,) etc. Military pay is substantially more and all. No doubt dude felt exactly like my husband after he was tossed; 'my life is fucking over.'

Unfortunately as a foreigner to the US, he probably didn't realize that he could leave Alaska and find tons of places less 'hostile' and more 'sympathetic' to someone carrying military shame. The story I'm getting from up here though is that he was planing to return to Cuba, not than he went down there to shoot-em-up; but that's wolf whispers so who really knows bout that. I can say I have almost no doubt the guy was depressed as fuck. Damned shame he happened to be up here, I think in the lower 48 some snowflake might have been able to 'save' him from losing it - although if we follow the wolf tale from up here, who knows what set him off on the flight... Just a shitter all around.

He had Isis leanings for many years from what I have read. What is interesting is the twitter account that discovered his picture showing the isis hand salute and in the Islamic scarf on instagram has been suspended on twitter, so I can't confirm the date they said he posted it.
I think the dude is /insane/ obviously since he lost it in an airport, but I'm not so sure that argument is going to fly in court because supposedly he was psych tested by the FBI and they decided he wasn't a threat and wasn't nuts.

Dudes life fell apart over the past year since he was dishonorably discharged from the military after being sent up here I guess in 2014. There are at least two domestic violence reports against him, as well as his neighbors saying he changed massively over the past year. The words being used up here are "he went dark" - which is Alaska speak for "dude's dangerous" (no idea why the FBI ignored that shit, unless they didn't actually speak to his exes and neighbors... entirely possible FBI are 'foreign' implants from the lower 48 for the most part so they don't understand Alaska any more than DC does. We didn't really even have any for a long time, they showed up in the idk 2006-2008 range and haven't gotten a very good welcome from my fellow Alaskan's. There is a lot of government mistrust up here. I took to em easier because our neighbors were FBI imports from Cuba and we all got along great - well enough to take down the fence between our homes so our dogs and children could play together. I can tell you that the Vet's here in my town don't trust the FBI one shred, like enemies frankly - I'd gotten into /many/ arguments at community meetings defending my past neighbors who were convinced that my neighbors were spying on them. ~sigh~ )

----

Anyway back to this dude and what I think happened to him. If I had to guess, his experiences with "whats accepted" in the lower 48 military/military at large, and whats allowed in the Alaska military was probably a very jarring experience. I've been saying for decades that Alaska is like an entirely different country from the lower 48, we do not tolerate /half/ the shit you folks do down there, we're big time military and supporters of 'traditional' America - not modern America if that makes sense. Once he was booted from the military he probably fell to drinking, that is the typical response up here (my husband drank himself stupid after being forced to retire for adultery [and adding to the gall of course the CIC at the time was porking interns in the oval office])

It common in Alaska that when shit goes bad you drink (because frankly there's not much else to do to hide from your reality, there's pot but as anyone who has done it knows, there's not enough "bite to it" for shit like that - Pot is more of a "happy person" drug rather than a "I'm depressed" drug. I have no doubt that his future was looking pretty fucked, and especially up here (because while we're huge on hiring military folk, we have a defiant bias against 'dishonorably discharged' folks, after all the majority of us have folks in the military, we don't like anyone who is perceived as a 'threat' or 'danger' to them.) Though the Pentagon and Alaska forces won't say why this guy was outsted, the rumor in the military community here is that he was slapping his GF around which absolutely doesn't fly up here (we have a big problem with traditional native culture and spousal abuse as you can see by our domestic violence stats.) Personally, I'm leaning toward they discovered he was playing around with some ISIS recruiter on the internet if you know what I mean, but it's also possible he turned to that thinking to get "revenge" against the military for ruining his life...

I figure rather like an animal who's cornered ya know, he started lashing out - but Alaskan's have no patience for folks who can't control themselves. This is a harsh environment and as a direct result we're pretty harsh people (especially further up north), so I have no doubt he found little sympathy from Alaskan friends, nor any employers he managed to find (aka low wage, national companies [box stores] that pay at least half as much and as I recall visiting Fairbanks back in 2009 or so there's a Home Depot, a Lowes, and a Wal-mart. There was a McDonalds, a Taco Bell, a Subway, and I think Carls Jr was being built though I can't recall exactly. So essentially 6 or 7 places that would likely even give him a chance.) Even if he did get on alright with whatever [crappy] replacement job he found, he probably lost a lot of shit; cars, houses (especially if he was living on base,) etc. Military pay is substantially more and all. No doubt dude felt exactly like my husband after he was tossed; 'my life is fucking over.'

Unfortunately as a foreigner to the US, he probably didn't realize that he could leave Alaska and find tons of places less 'hostile' and more 'sympathetic' to someone carrying military shame. The story I'm getting from up here though is that he was planing to return to Cuba, not than he went down there to shoot-em-up; but that's wolf whispers so who really knows bout that. I can say I have almost no doubt the guy was depressed as fuck. Damned shame he happened to be up here, I think in the lower 48 some snowflake might have been able to 'save' him from losing it - although if we follow the wolf tale from up here, who knows what set him off on the flight... Just a shitter all around.

Go back and view the video...

... he didn't 'lose it'...

... the whole plot was to kill people...

... wherever he could.

Forum List

Back