fleas?

I'm just razzing ya, midnight. Have a great weekend!

Here's another great natural insecticide, works well on the flying invertebrates: D-limonene (Pure citrus oil) it's also a great solvent, cleaner and stain remover. Is completely non-toxic to all vertebrates, you actually drink some of this stuff any time you drink 7-Up or sprite, Mountain Dew or any other citrus-flavored drink.

Kills any and all insects, most on contact. Dissolves their exoskeleton and desiccates them almost instantly. Great for wasps, hornets, flies, ants, spiders, any insect. It's also flammable, with a bic lighter and a bottle of this, you have a flame-thrower. Leaves a residual that works for a couple of days as well.

You can buy this at Wal-Mart, it's sold as a cleaner under the brand name De-Solv-It. Works great.

well dude, you go ahead and enjoy your mineral salt deodorant and I'll go ahead and use the speedstick equivalent.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

First of all it's not "mineral salt" and secondly, there IS no equivalent. Have you bothered to study it? It is 100% effective on ALL invertebrates. No matter the location, climate, whatever. PLUS, it kills heartworms and also ALL worms a pet might get. Does frontline? NO.

I really don't care what you do with your own animals, but if you really care about them you'll study garbage like frontline and others, and get these toxins out of their lives.

I totally agree, I have not used any type of so called flea killer on my pets for 4 years, and no sign of any fleas tics or any other bug. I believe one of my cats ended up with cancer a few years ago because of frontline. I have felt guilty about his suffering ever since. It was unneccesary :(

Zoom and Skull? DE kills heartworms and worms in animals because they ingest it. Most high-end pet foods add DE to the food, just for this. When animals lick their coat, they ingest the DE. Put it on your dog like you would the old flea powders, put it in his bedding, etc. A 4 pound bag will last you 3-4 years. Yes, years. By the way, I have never met a veterinarian who knows anything about this. They are always stunned when I demonstrate it.

Shogun: I am glad to see you can paste from one of the links I gave you. Here's further information from the other one: DE is microscopic fossilized diatoms. For any creature with an exoskeleton, (insects) it's deadly. It would be like you crawling and walking around on a football field full of razor blades, not a jungle gym.

The DE cuts up the exoskeleton, "bleeds" the insects out. Dehydrates them almost instantly. It works very rapidly.

However, vertebrates such as dogs, cats, humans, and even you Shogun are completely immune to it, it isn't in any way harmful to us. As I said, high-end pet foods have DE in them.

Let's see, frontline costs what, $20 bucks now? For each application? One 4 pound bag of DE lasts years and costs $12-16 bucks depending on how you get it shipped. And works BETTER, isn't toxic, and works on ALL invertebrates not just fleas and ticks. AND kills any and all worms your pet might get. It's a far better product and a far smarter solution to a multitude of pet pest issues.

But that's okay, sheeple like to do what the rest of the herd does. I got no issue with that.

I used to use a DE filled filter system for my aquarium, cleanest water I have ever seen.

Zoom and Skull? DE kills heartworms and worms in animals because they ingest it. Most high-end pet foods add DE to the food, just for this. When animals lick their coat, they ingest the DE. Put it on your dog like you would the old flea powders, put it in his bedding, etc. A 4 pound bag will last you 3-4 years. Yes, years. By the way, I have never met a veterinarian who knows anything about this. They are always stunned when I demonstrate it.

Shogun: I am glad to see you can paste from one of the links I gave you. Here's further information from the other one: DE is microscopic fossilized diatoms. For any creature with an exoskeleton, (insects) it's deadly. It would be like you crawling and walking around on a football field full of razor blades, not a jungle gym.

The DE cuts up the exoskeleton, "bleeds" the insects out. Dehydrates them almost instantly. It works very rapidly.

However, vertebrates such as dogs, cats, humans, and even you Shogun are completely immune to it, it isn't in any way harmful to us. As I said, high-end pet foods have DE in them.

Let's see, frontline costs what, $20 bucks now? For each application? One 4 pound bag of DE lasts years and costs $12-16 bucks depending on how you get it shipped. And works BETTER, isn't toxic, and works on ALL invertebrates not just fleas and ticks. AND kills any and all worms your pet might get. It's a far better product and a far smarter solution to a multitude of pet pest issues.

But that's okay, sheeple like to do what the rest of the herd does. I got no issue with that.

I used to use a DE filled filter system for my aquarium, cleanest water I have ever seen.
Yes, but never give THAT grade of DE to the animals!

what do you use for fleas both cats and dogs....i used promeris last year. it is strange it paralizes the jaws of the fleas and they starve to death...jumping about the whole time, so if you dont get it on them before the fleas...the dogs and cats go nuts with the jumping fleas.

do you rotate meds for fleas and if so how?

do you give heartworm pills? i do but only every 6 months and only as long as the breeding cycle of skeeters is still going on. i stop in the winter.

so what have you found best for indoor and outdoor dogs?
I use a little neem oil for ticks but there is enough natural predation here thats only a couple of weeks a year.No heartworm carrying skeeters either.No fleas other than sand fleas along the rivers.
When I lived in the states:cuckoo: and the only natural predators were law enforcement Nazi's, I alternated Frontline and Advantage and fed my dogs lots of fresh garlic in their food.

Last edited:
i think i have some of the de.....use it in the garden....never considered it on pets....the promius.....took the hair off roland....so that is out....now can i use the garden grade de?

i think i have some of the de.....use it in the garden....never considered it on pets....the promius.....took the hair off roland....so that is out....now can i use the garden grade de?
Maybe. The label should let you know. However if it's to be used outdoors, pets are going to ingest it anyway so it's probably okay.

The link I sent earlier, for the Concern brand of DE, is specifically for pests, and is approved for animal consumption.

fed my dogs lots of fresh garlic in their food.
Garlic is a good repellent, but doesn't kill, doesn't break the breeding cycle. Will repel mosquitoes, fleas and ticks on both you and the pets. The garlique supplement is the concentrated active ingredient there, does it all without the odor.

Diatomaceous Earth It is 100% natural, totally harmless to all vertebrates (humans, pets, etc) and will also de-worm dogs and cats. Will destroy the heartworm too. Get some and put it in their bedding, litter boxes, food, etc and in their coat. You will never see a flea or tick again. Four pound bag lasts you for years. Keep the pesticides and chemicals out of your animals' lives.

Get it here:

Diatomaceous Earth, 4 lb - Worm's Way

Do you have any issues with it being tracked through the house, all over the furniture, etc.?

I've got a Boxer and I just wondered if that short coat wouldn't hold the DE in enough.

Diatomaceous Earth It is 100% natural, totally harmless to all vertebrates (humans, pets, etc) and will also de-worm dogs and cats. Will destroy the heartworm too. Get some and put it in their bedding, litter boxes, food, etc and in their coat. You will never see a flea or tick again. Four pound bag lasts you for years. Keep the pesticides and chemicals out of your animals' lives.

Get it here:

Diatomaceous Earth, 4 lb - Worm's Way

Do you have any issues with it being tracked through the house, all over the furniture, etc.?

I've got a Boxer and I just wondered if that short coat wouldn't hold the DE in enough.
I never see it anywhere. My cats pick it up in their litter box, where I always keep a goodly amount of it mixed in with their litter, and in their bedding where I maintain a light dusting once or twice a week. On dogs, same thing. Keep it maintained in their bedding, and dust them with it after they dry out completely from every bath.

Sprinkle it in your carpet and rugs, and even in your own bedding! Kills dust mites, bedbugs, etc and breaks THEIR breeding cycles as well. Use it under counters, behind the fridge and dishwasher, anywhere bugs might be hiding or encroaching. Kills silverfish, spiders, ants, cockroaches. The roaches, they carry this shit in their hair back to their lair and kill the whole colony. When their eggs hatch, these pests eat it and die as well!

The stuff has the consistency of a very fine cooking flour, so it's not a nuisance anyway. Spread it all around.... Well, Liberally!

Rub it into the fur. Brush it in. My short-haired cats get that treatment every couple to three weeks during bug season. Plus they're picking it up all the time, from their bedding and litterboxes.

I enjoy helping. I love animals and deplore all of the toxins and chemicals people, mostly unnecessarily, put into their lives.

Want a slightly used Boxer with animal aggression issues? :eusa_eh:

She's fixed and awesome with people ...
To be fair to dogs, I long ago decided not to own any. I cannot give them the type of life they deserve, I would neglect them far too much -- attention wise, playing wise, walks wise, etc..

But thanks!

Forum List

Back