fleas?

Here's frontline's main ingredient, Shogun. A NERVE TOXIN:

Fipronil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Keep putting that nerve gas on them buddy! The REASON they tell you to put it between his shoulders is so he cannot readily ingest it!

so what. coke has an acid base. Your lunch today probabaly had some chems in it too. Hell, have you ever read what shampoo is made with? Like I said, I've been using it for YEARS and we've not seen any kind of pandemic associated with frontline. The last issue pet owners had was killer dogfood.... and we saw how quickly THAT became a headline. I assure you, oh natural one, if dog's start dying because of advantage we'll all know about it. Until then, i'm afraid i'll go ahead and side with those whove attended vet school instead of Ching Tang's Tiger Wang homeopathic school of holistic medicine.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Keep spending that 20 bucks for your 30-day nerve toxin treatment. Like I said, it's okay with me! It's your money. Responding to you here will be quite educational for other folks reading the thread, which is exactly why I posted the information in the first place.

You came in, cheerleading Frontline. "Greatest product ever." It's not. And those type products are always the knee-jerk, no imagination and uninformed answer to the OPs question. I prefer to offer the readers something other than "yeah me too" drivel.

You don't have to like it. But some folks might want to get out of the 20 bucks for every treatment, ya know?

the fact remains, Tiger Wang, that more vets and pet owners enjoy the frontline advantage than whatever "solution" you found down at the hippy swap meet. If you don't like it then don't use it. THE REST OF US will continue to listen to vets instead of self righteous, stinking hippies who are convinced that deoderant is nothing more than a tool for government mind control.

:thup:

And, to be honest, if 20 bucks every 3-6 months is too steep then you probably shouldn't even HAVE an animal depending on you. for real.

coke has an acid base.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:The only reason it's acidic is the added CO2! Carbon Dioxide gives it the fizz and the acidity! But it's STILL less acidic than your blood! Study a thing called pH and get back to us, Einstein!:lol::lol::lol:

which doesn't belay the fact of it's presence in a WIDELY consumed beverage, genius...
It's not HARMFUL dude. It doesn't have NERVE TOXINS in it!
Any more than crying about nerve toxins belays the total lack of dog fallout over the continental US. If you know what the pH scale is and the relative dilution of coke products then perhaps you;ll want to keep from looking like a silly ass the next time the urge hit to scream that the proverbial flea prevention sky is falling.
I made no such claims, as you well know. I merely accurately informed you that Frontline and other such flea cures aren't the "greatest product" ever, as you trumpeted. And they are toxic. And they are a ripoff.

C'mon, 20 bucks for Vietnam-era nerve gas shit you squirt on your dog's back and lasts for 30 days? And the price never went down with the millions of folks using it? It's a RIPOFF Jack.

so what. coke has an acid base. Your lunch today probabaly had some chems in it too. Hell, have you ever read what shampoo is made with? Like I said, I've been using it for YEARS and we've not seen any kind of pandemic associated with frontline. The last issue pet owners had was killer dogfood.... and we saw how quickly THAT became a headline. I assure you, oh natural one, if dog's start dying because of advantage we'll all know about it. Until then, i'm afraid i'll go ahead and side with those whove attended vet school instead of Ching Tang's Tiger Wang homeopathic school of holistic medicine.

Keep spending that 20 bucks for your 30-day nerve toxin treatment. Like I said, it's okay with me! It's your money. Responding to you here will be quite educational for other folks reading the thread, which is exactly why I posted the information in the first place.

You came in, cheerleading Frontline. "Greatest product ever." It's not. And those type products are always the knee-jerk, no imagination and uninformed answer to the OPs question. I prefer to offer the readers something other than "yeah me too" drivel.

You don't have to like it. But some folks might want to get out of the 20 bucks for every treatment, ya know?

the fact remains, Tiger Wang, that more vets and pet owners enjoy the frontline advantage than whatever "solution" you found down at the hippy swap meet. If you don't like it then don't use it. THE REST OF US will continue to listen to vets instead of self righteous, stinking hippies who are convinced that deoderant is nothing more than a tool for government mind control.

And, to be honest, if 20 bucks every 3-6 months is too steep then you probably shouldn't even HAVE an animal depending on you. for real.
First off slick, I'm far from a "hippie" and I learned of DE because of my work in the water purification industry. DE is also used, in inedible form, as filter media.

Secondly, money isn't my particular issue. I am 47 and retired, never have to work again, ever, everything paid for, no debts, because I do NOT run with sheeple herds and just do what everyone else does.

Folks can make up their own minds what to do about pet pests. I at least give them a great alternative they can try, instead of mindless, unimaginative, "me too" drivel.

Zoom and Skull? DE kills heartworms and worms in animals because they ingest it. Most high-end pet foods add DE to the food, just for this. When animals lick their coat, they ingest the DE. Put it on your dog like you would the old flea powders, put it in his bedding, etc. A 4 pound bag will last you 3-4 years. Yes, years. By the way, I have never met a veterinarian who knows anything about this. They are always stunned when I demonstrate it.

Shogun: I am glad to see you can paste from one of the links I gave you. Here's further information from the other one: DE is microscopic fossilized diatoms. For any creature with an exoskeleton, (insects) it's deadly. It would be like you crawling and walking around on a football field full of razor blades, not a jungle gym.

The DE cuts up the exoskeleton, "bleeds" the insects out. Dehydrates them almost instantly. It works very rapidly.

However, vertebrates such as dogs, cats, humans, and even you Shogun are completely immune to it, it isn't in any way harmful to us. As I said, high-end pet foods have DE in them.

Let's see, frontline costs what, $20 bucks now? For each application? One 4 pound bag of DE lasts years and costs $12-16 bucks depending on how you get it shipped. And works BETTER, isn't toxic, and works on ALL invertebrates not just fleas and ticks. AND kills any and all worms your pet might get. It's a far better product and a far smarter solution to a multitude of pet pest issues.

But that's okay, sheeple like to do what the rest of the herd does. I got no issue with that.

MM - thanks for the info. I wouldn't expect a vet know anything about homeopathic or natural type things. At least, that's not been my experience.

Does the powder bother the dog's skin in any way at all - is it drying to their skin or anything? How often do you apply it? Do you put it in your dog's food? Thanks.

Shogun - I've used Frontline for 5 years on my dog and never had a problem with it or with the dog, but it is a nerve chemical. Think about what it does - why do the fleas get killed off and how might that affect your dog? Also, I read the back of the package last year - you don't need to apply it once a month unless you have a flea infestation. You can apply it less frequently (either every 2 or 3 months). It's in the fine print, but it's there. Why are you scoffing the DE? If you don't want to try it, don't. But if it does just as good a job for less money and less side effects for a dog, why bash it?

]It's not HARMFUL dude. It doesn't have NERVE TOXINS in it!

oh.. so ONLY NERVE TOXINS are hazardous to health. gotcha. :cuckoo:

I made no such claims, as you well know. I merely accurately informed you that Frontline and other such flea cures aren't the "greatest product" ever, as you trumpeted. And they are toxic. And they are a ripoff.

In your hippified opinon you may not believe as much.. but, since your opinion is about as universal as your Tiger Wang Cancer Cure... Vets and Pet owners alike see frontline as a godsend.. If you'd rather rub a salt crystal under your arm then go for it.

C'mon, 20 bucks for Vietnam-era nerve gas shit you squirt on your dog's back and lasts for 30 days? And the price never went down with the millions of folks using it? It's a RIPOFF Jack.

then don't buy it. Me and my dog will go ahead and enjoy frontline, grey poupon and warm water, thanks. It's what all the rich dogs do.

First off slick, I'm far from a "hippie" and I learned of DE because of my work in the water purification industry. DE is also used, in inedible form, as filter media.

Secondly, money isn't my particular issue. I am 47 and retired, never have to work again, ever, everything paid for, no debts, because I do NOT run with sheeple herds and just do what everyone else does.

Folks can make up their own minds what to do about pet pests. I at least give them a great alternative they can try, instead of mindless, unimaginative, "me too" drivel.

yea, i KNOW, dude! now, if you could only rock the toothpaste industry for selling fluoride in a tube to all those "i want white teeth too" zombies!

MM - thanks for the info. I wouldn't expect a vet know anything about homeopathic or natural type things. At least, that's not been my experience.

Does the powder bother the dog's skin in any way at all - is it drying to their skin or anything? How often do you apply it? Do you put it in your dog's food? Thanks.
I don't have any dogs, only cats and their skin is alot more sensitive than any dog's would be, and I have seen no issues in the 20 years or so I have used DE. And yes, I put it in their tuna and wet food when they get their once a day "treat." The regular dry cat food I use, has DE already in it.

Application is simple, just like the old flea powders if you're familiar with those. Rub it into the coat. Put it in their bedding, or anywhere else they hang out. Put it in YOUR bedding, kills bedbugs and dust mites! Put it in your carpet, more protection. Kills ants in the kitchen, cockroaches too! Spiders.... Silverfish..... Anything that doesn't have a spine.

By the way, I run a Barn Cat program with area vets. I catch feral cats, take them to the vet. They get tested for FiV and FiL and if they pass, they get "fixed" then I tame them up some, and place them with area farmers and ranchers in their barns as mousers. Works out great for everyone. Farmers and ranchers love DE as well, keeps pests off their dogs and horses too!

I don't have any dogs, only cats and their skin is alot more sensitive than any dog's would be, and I have seen no issues in the 20 years or so I have used DE. And yes, I put it in their tuna and wet food when they get their once a day "treat." The regular dry cat food I use, has DE already in it.

Application is simple, just like the old flea powders if you're familiar with those. Rub it into the coat. Put it in their bedding, or anywhere else they hang out. Put it in YOUR bedding, kills bedbugs and dust mites! Put it in your carpet, more protection. Kills ants in the kitchen, cockroaches too! Spiders.... Silverfish..... Anything that doesn't have a spine.

By the way, I run a Barn Cat program with area vets. I catch feral cats, take them to the vet. They get tested for FiV and FiL and if they pass, they get "fixed" then I tame them up some, and place them with area farmers and ranchers in their barns as mousers. Works out great for everyone. Farmers and ranchers love DE as well, keeps pests off their dogs and horses too!

Thanks so much for this info, MM! I'm going to be trying this instead of the Frontline. No more Heartguard needed either.

The bolded part - can we ship some to the pols in Washington?

yea, i KNOW, dude! now, if you could only rock the toothpaste industry for selling fluoride in a tube to all those "i want white teeth too" zombies!
It's funny you should mention that. I just got done the other day explaining in another thread how the fluoride scare is one of the oldest and most idiotic conspiracy theories on the planet! We add fluoride to the water, because modern water treatment (since the 30s) removes this naturally occurring ingredient from the groundwater. Before the 30s? There was 10 times MORE fluoride in people's water, and if you're on a well that's still true!

Heart worm prevention:

Prevention of heartworm infection can be obtained through a number of veterinary drugs. The drugs approved for use in the US are ivermectin (sold under the brand name Heartgard and several other generic versions), milbemycin (Interceptor and Sentinel) and moxidectin (ProHeart) administered as pills or chewable tablets. Moxidectin is also available in both a 6-month and 12-month sustained release injection, ProHeart 6, ProHeart 12, administered by veterinarians. The injectable form of moxidectin was taken off the market in the United States due to safety concerns [14]. ProHeart 6 remains on the market in many other countries including Canada and Japan. Its sister product, ProHeart 12 is used extensively in Australia and Asia as a 12-month injectable preventive. Topical treatments are available as well. Advantage Multi (imidacloprid + moxidectin) Topical Solution, which utilizes moxidectin for control and prevention of roundworms, hookworms, heartworms, whipworms, as well as imidacloprid to kill adult fleas. Selamectin (Revolution), is a topical preventive that is likewise administered monthly and also controls fleas, ticks, and mites.

Preventive drugs are highly effective and when regularly administered will protect more than 99 percent of dogs and cats from heartworm. Most compromises in protection result from failure to properly administer the drugs during seasonal transmission periods.[15] In regions where the temperature is consistently above 14 °C (57 °F) year round, a continuous prevention schedule is recommended.

It has been shown that lapses of up to 4 months between doses of Ivermectin-based products still provides 95% protection from adult worms. This 'safety net' period is called the 'Reach Back Effect'.[16] Annual heartworm testing is highly recommended for pet owners who choose to use minimal dosing schedules.

Heartworm prevention for cats is available as ivermectin (Heartgard for Cats), milbemycin (Interceptor), or the topical selamectin (Revolution for Cats).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartworm

Ivermectin (22,23-dihydroavermectin B1a + 22,23-dihydroavermectin B1b) is a broad-spectrum antiparasitic medication.

Ivermectin and the related avermectin (an insecticide most frequently used in home-use ant baits) are macrocyclic lactones derived from the bacterium Streptomyces avermitilis. Ivermectin kills by interfering with nervous system and muscle function, in particular by enhancing inhibitory neurotransmission.

The drug binds and activates glutamate-gated chloride channels (GluCls)[6]. GluCls are invertebrate-specific members of the Cys-loop family of ligand-gated ion channels present in neurons and myocytes.

Ivermectin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Holy crap!

Last edited:
I kill the fleas, ticks, heartworms, and every other bug, year round, with a little fossilized diatom. It's deadly to all invertebrates, not just fleas, is cheap, and is completely non-toxic to all animals, us, anything with a vertebra. It's safe even for birds, who are particularly delicate and sensitive to chemicals and pesticides. It's deadly to everything on the planet that has a exoskeleton, without exception.

It's a single product that does all that, and costs 80% less. It's a no-brainer.

Last edited:
Zoom and Skull? DE kills heartworms and worms in animals because they ingest it. Most high-end pet foods add DE to the food, just for this. When animals lick their coat, they ingest the DE. Put it on your dog like you would the old flea powders, put it in his bedding, etc. A 4 pound bag will last you 3-4 years. Yes, years. By the way, I have never met a veterinarian who knows anything about this. They are always stunned when I demonstrate it.

Shogun: I am glad to see you can paste from one of the links I gave you. Here's further information from the other one: DE is microscopic fossilized diatoms. For any creature with an exoskeleton, (insects) it's deadly. It would be like you crawling and walking around on a football field full of razor blades, not a jungle gym.

The DE cuts up the exoskeleton, "bleeds" the insects out. Dehydrates them almost instantly. It works very rapidly.

However, vertebrates such as dogs, cats, humans, and even you Shogun are completely immune to it, it isn't in any way harmful to us. As I said, high-end pet foods have DE in them.

Let's see, frontline costs what, $20 bucks now? For each application? One 4 pound bag of DE lasts years and costs $12-16 bucks depending on how you get it shipped. And works BETTER, isn't toxic, and works on ALL invertebrates not just fleas and ticks. AND kills any and all worms your pet might get. It's a far better product and a far smarter solution to a multitude of pet pest issues.

But that's okay, sheeple like to do what the rest of the herd does. I got no issue with that.

you're going to have to post the science on that claim for me to believe that it effectively kills heart worm.

you're going to have to post the science on that claim for me to believe that it effectively kills heart worm.
I linked it here earlier. It's also added to livestock feed, keeps the fly population down because it's passed in the manure and keeps right on killing, this time getting flies and their eggs and any maggots who might show up!

Last edited:
And you should see what it can do for your Tile, Kitchen and Grout surfaces!

billymays1.jpg

And you should see what it can do for your Tile, Kitchen and Grout surfaces!

billymays1.jpg

:lol: Ok, I love Billy Mayes. Yes he shouts, yes he can be obnoxious but, what can I say? The stuff I've tried works. I use Oxyclean and Magic Putty. He says what it does and it does what he says.

I'm getting a little off topic here...or maybe back on topic to some extent
The best way to get fleas from the rug inside of the house is to sprinkle salt over the carpet, and leave it for a day or two, then vacuum it up. Do it again in a couple of days to get rid of the newly hatched fleas. This is a sure fire method to get rid of the critters without the use of chemicals, and better results.

I'm getting a little off topic here...or maybe back on topic to some extent
The best way to get fleas from the rug inside of the house is to sprinkle salt over the carpet, and leave it for a day or two, then vacuum it up. Do it again in a couple of days to get rid of the newly hatched fleas. This is a sure fire method to get rid of the critters without the use of chemicals, and better results.
DE is better, and doesn't ever need to be vacuumed out.

Forum List

Back