Flat 10% income tax

Strange. I see nothing on infrastructure. Nor income either.

Infrastructure? Do you know what infrastructure was in the 1780s? Dirt roads, people crapping in the streets, garbage dumped out the windows.

Income? People did not have income in the 1780s. The middle class did not exist. There was no income, there was land. You eked out a living off your land, what you hunted and bartered for most of what you had.

The idea that these things did not matter in the 1780s so we don't need them now is more reason why we need to keep the wingnuts from ever ruining...I mean running the country again

Infrastructure? Do you know what infrastructure was in the 1780s? Dirt roads, people crapping in the streets, garbage dumped out the windows.

Income? People did not have income in the 1780s. The middle class did not exist. There was no income, there was land. You eked out a living off your land, what you hunted and bartered for most of what you had.

The idea that these things did not matter in the 1780s so we don't need them now is more reason why we need to keep the wingnuts from ever ruining...I mean running the country again

If that were true, and I'd say it's quite a loose interpretation of American history, then there must be a constitutional amendment.

Like I said, I see nothing on infrastructure nor income as being part of the Federal responsibility. Unless you did not read Section I, Article 8 that I posted.

Guess what. It still is not the federal governments responsibility. That belongs to the States.

Nice attempt at deflection however.

Do you make this shit up as you go along or did you hear it in a rap song somewhere?

Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States

Congress can tax who the fuck they want and when they want to do it. If the Constitution wanted to exempt anything from taxation, it would have.

Provide for the common defense and "General Welfare". If infrastructure is needed for the general welfare of the people, Congress is allowed to charge taxes and build infrastructure. They have been doing it for over 200 years

Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States

Congress can tax who the fuck they want and when they want to do it. If the Constitution wanted to exempt anything from taxation, it would have.

Provide for the common defense and "General Welfare". If infrastructure is needed for the general welfare of the people, Congress is allowed to charge taxes and build infrastructure. They have been doing it for over 200 years

And of course now is the time where you must be reminded that the term general welfare does not give the Congress the authority to do whatever it wants to do, otherwise the following powers explicitly stated would have been redundant and unnecessary. Not to mention that would give the federal government unlimited power, and our founders weren't exactly interested in creating a government that could become more tyrannical than the one they fought a war to get away from.

This year I want a flat 10% income tax with a single deduction of 85,000 so that anyone making below that will not pay any and any amount above that pays a single flat rate without any loopholes or complications.

If any republican or democrat wants my vote then they better do that.

Why do you want to be taxed?
Right, fuck the infrastructure, as the cons have always thought.
We're pathetic, as it is, compared to most civilized countries.

dont let the door hit you on the way out.....it was just painted....

wow. If "to provide for the general welfare" included fucking you in the ass, you'd be all for that too?

Tell Me.

If that were true, then why did they need to pass the 16th Amendment?

Last edited:
This year, I want a Victoria's Secret supermodel to drive up to me in a Ferrari, naked, and give the car and herself to me. If any Republican or Democrat wants my vote, then they better do that.

I think you have a better chance of that happening than the one that started this thread.

I agree with the concept as long as ALL income and profit is taxed at 10%. No deductions, no exemptions.

Watch the wealthy balk when they have to pay taxes on every cent they make

I totally agree. If you make $1.00, you pay 10% tax on that. If you make $1,000,000.00, you pay 10% tax on that, period. How much you make shouldn't make one damn bit of difference. Everybody gets taxed the same from bottom to top.

The flat tax won't work because we have too much debt and future liabilities now. I think we probably just need to tell the world we are going to take a two year time out, shut down the federal government and pay all of our bills. Tell the world to behave while we are gone.

Then regroup, and make assault and battery on Democrats and Republicans legal again.

;)

Right, fuck the infrastructure, as the cons have always thought.
We're pathetic, as it is, compared to most civilized countries.

And where is spending money on infrastructure in the Constitution?

Where is it prohibited?

The 10th Amendment makes clear that any power not explicitly given to the federal government by the Constitution is not a legitimate power of the Constitution. This means that the Constitution must list the powers of the federal government, not list those powers the federal government does not have.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

And where is spending money on infrastructure in the Constitution?

Where is it prohibited?

The 10th Amendment makes clear that any power not explicitly given to the federal government by the Constitution is not a legitimate power of the Constitution. This means that the Constitution must list the powers of the federal government, not list those powers the federal government does not have.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Nice try Kevin..

But in 200 years, nobody has interpreted it that way.

wow. If "to provide for the general welfare" included fucking you in the ass, you'd be all for that too?

Tell Me.

With that grasp of reality....you should have been a lawyer

You obviously have a penchant for fucking people up the ass

Tell Me.

With that grasp of reality....you should have been a lawyer

You obviously have a penchant for fucking people up the ass
None answer noted.

BTW...Until the hippies took over, it was unversally interpreted the way that Keven stated it.

You see, the Bill of Rights along with the Constitution are documents that restrict the power of government. The good, right and legitimate use of the Amendment process always restricts government and protects the rights and liberties of the people whereas any laws and amendments that give power to the government and restrict the rights and liberties of the people are the wrong and improper use of the amendment process.

Limiting and restricting the power of government is the only sane purpose of law.

I have always found it amusing that people of the ideological left are so fearful of life that they are willing to enslave themselves to the wishes and choices of others.

The umbrella of the Federal government exists to provide we the people protection from a world that would take from us our talent and resources for their own gain. And to fulfill their responsibility, the Federal Government exits to protect us and represent us to the world. That ends their responsibilities.

Courageous people govern themselves, provide for themselves and care for themselves through the use of local and state governments. The proper and true form of government in this land. And that if the people do not get the government in their state that they wish, they are more able to influence the outcome of that government at that level then they are from a government apart from the needs of th people.

Only cowards want to be cared for from a central government.

Where is it prohibited?

Nice try Kevin..

But in 200 years, nobody has interpreted it that way.

Thomas Jefferson and James Madison would disagree with you fully.

Forum List

Back