Fixing Inequality

Wow, you really seem to think condescending to women is okay and "playful". Typical leftist.

And then you compound the insult by thinking you can airily dismiss your misogyny with "just a joke", skip over the entire preceding discussion like it didn't happen, and redefine the parameters of the debate to suit your simplistic talking point, and I'll happily follow along.

I realize you've been taught that "respecting women" just requires you to mouth the phrase "I respect the right to choose!" to the dumb twats every so often, but conservative women don't play that way. We have actual, three-digit IQs, and we expect to have them addressed. So far, you have sadly fallen short.

If you want me to agree with you about something, Chuckles, I'd suggest you start making a cogent, persuasive argument to convince me to do so.

[MENTION=14617]Cecilie1200[/MENTION] - wanted to share this with you:

http://dash.harvard.edu/bitstream/handle/1/4553018/alesina_incomedistribution.pdf?sequence=2

It's a Harvard Study conducted by their dept. of Economics that concludes (after analyzing a pool of data from over 70 countries, over a 25 year timeline) that the greater the income inequality is in a particular region, the more unstable (socially) that region becomes, which results in less investment and (ultimately) less growth of the economy.

This backs up the claims I was making earlier. You wanted to know why "income inequality is bad", and the answer is because it apparently will reduce investment in a region and ultimate stunt the growth of the local economy (according to this study by a very reputable institution).

Learn this phrase, dimwit: Correlation does not equal causation.

Your little study backs up nothing. It says that the two things sometimes happen in the same place. This doesn't prove that one is necessarily the cause of the other. If that was all it took, you'd have to admit that Obama being President in the United States is the cause of the lousy economy, and you certainly not going to do THAT, are you?

By the way, you should really "grow up" and learn not to be so impressed by fancy names and titles. Ooh, HARVARD authored the study. Yeah, and Harvard also awarded a degree to George W. Bush, but I'm betting you aren't nearly as awestruck by THAT, are you?

My goodness, Cecilie, I'm trying to work with you here. There are many sources of info about this but I was kind enough to find one that surveyed 70 nations and was conducted by an institute that we at least know isn't total bullshit. The study concluded that there is a correlation between wealth inequality and instability. Is it the word of God? No. But is it something of a reputable nature? Yes.

At some point, you need to stop blowing hot air out of your ass and ALSO attempt to back up some of your claims with a study of a reputable nature. What have you given us? You seem to dish out a whole lot of criticism without providing any sort of value to the conversation at hand.

Can you show us research that shows that wealth inequality has no effect on stability?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back