Fiscal cliff talks....

Don't see the problem with going over the cliff.

It's what they voted on.

It would REALLY reduce spending.

Lets do it!

It will be the 'Conservatives' screaming first if we do.:badgrin:

For one thing it would wake up the "government spending" neanderthals that spout that the gubmint don't create jobs.

Well when there are massive layoffs in the industries that depend on defense spending, maybe they will rethink that meme.

Ss isn't really the problem so that is moot. Medicade is a whole nother beast.

Raising the Social Security retirement age will also raise the age when you can get Medicare. It will automatically help Medicare

The problem with Medicare is the escallating heathcare costs. We need to attack that nationwide

The only way to attack escalating medical costs is to create a universal single payer health care system. That has worked for every other industrial nation in the world. Not only worked, has cut their costs, resulted in far better outcomes in longevity and infant mortality. Also, reduced the number of bankruptcies due to medical bills to zero for those nations, while ours remains at 750,000 to a million families a year.

Sick Around The World | FRONTLINE | PBS

Very true.

The best way to attack costs is to increase open competition in the medical field and decrease overhead costs

Right now, the Insurance companies are the biggest contributor to overhead costs

No one talks about cuts in spending Gramps because the Republican party nominated a guy named Mitt Romney, whose plans for spending was to increase it while reducing taxes. Democrats are just stupid, Republicans are hypocrites and stupid because they know the language, “small government, cut entitlements, less taxes, less bad regulations,” but they support candidates that grow government, grow entitlements, lower some taxes and add massively to regulations.

This is why you don’t see a debate or a discussion on a real political level. Because when people like Gary Jonson or Ron Paul talk about it on stage they get booed… When Newt talks about colonizing the moon (for free, lol?) and entering a fucking cold war with Cuba he gets standing ovations… Because big Government ideas and wars only cost money if you’re a Democrat??

Ss isn't really the problem so that is moot. Medicade is a whole nother beast.

Raising the Social Security retirement age will also raise the age when you can get Medicare. It will automatically help Medicare

The problem with Medicare is the escallating heathcare costs. We need to attack that nationwide

Raising the retirement age won't do diddly to help the debt or deficit. And in fact because of the added cost of doing might actually have many un-intended consequences.

There's no obligation on the part of employers to keep old employees around..for one.

Do the math.

What added cost? What are you even talking about?

Raising the retirement age won't do diddly to help the debt or deficit. And in fact because of the added cost of doing might actually have many un-intended consequences.

There's no obligation on the part of employers to keep old employees around..for one.

Do the math.

What added cost? What are you even talking about?

Most people depend on employer provided benefits for a plethora of services.

Employers tend to let go of older workers and without reason.

That's the reason for SSI in the first place.

Wow! I wouldn't expect hearing that from a democrat. I'd say 68 is more reasonable IMO.

I'm talking phasing it in to 70.

If you are under 45 it would go to 70
Under 50 goes to 69
Under 55 goes to 68

Everyone else stays the same

People are healthier and live longer. Time for SS to reflect that. If you want to retire earlier use your IRA or other savings to carry you

Raising the retirement age unfairly dings those on the lower end of the income scale. Busting ass in a boiler room is no easy task for a 60 year old. It is unbearable for a 69 year old.

Raising the retirement age unfairly dings those on the lower end of the income scale. Busting ass in a boiler room is no easy task for a 60 year old. It is unbearable for a 69 year old.

You are going to have to plan for your own retirement. If you have a job you can't do till you are 70, you need to look at other options. You can work at Walmart in your 60s.

Or else you can structure your retirement where you pay more into an IRA/401K so that you will have extra funds and retire early

You are going to have to plan for your own retirement. If you have a job you can't do till you are 70, you need to look at other options. You can work at Walmart in your 60s.

Or else you can structure your retirement where you pay more into an IRA/401K so that you will have extra funds and retire early

That would be a reasonable way to go about it if the average blue collar job paid enough to save a substantial amount for retirement. It does not.

That would be a reasonable way to go about it if the average blue collar job paid enough to save a substantial amount for retirement. It does not.

Then Walmart is an option

Wow! I wouldn't expect hearing that from a democrat. I'd say 68 is more reasonable IMO.

Under 50 goes to 69
Under 55 goes to 68

People are healthier and live longer. Time for SS to reflect that. If you want to retire earlier use your IRA or other savings to carry you

How could that be... according to libs we have the worst health care system in the modern world.

:lol:

Under 50 goes to 69
Under 55 goes to 68

How could that be... according to libs we have the worst health care system in the modern world.

:lol:

Look at our life expectancy vs other modern nations...

Are you saying Republicans really mean......Let em die?

Forum List

Back