First time since 1930

What good is controlling the senate

Oh, I dunno. Maybe it could help with a legislative agenda? But, if you aren't really interested in that...whatever.

They actually picked up 7 or 8 seats depending on the outcomes. They didn't lose any ground. Screw the establishment. What's great though is that the face of failure---Reid, is on display for everyone to see, 15 percent unemployment, housing in the gutter, people leaving the state en masse. What a travesty but hey they got their man out there.

The face of failure is George W. Bush.

He inherited a budget surplus, a strong economy, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later he left us with a trillion dollar deficit, a collapsed economy, and two useless wars.

Last edited:
They actually picked up 7 or 8 seats depending on the outcomes. They didn't lose any ground. Screw the establishment. What's great though is that the face of failure---Reid, is on display for everyone to see, 15 percent unemployment, housing in the gutter, people leaving the state en masse. What a travesty but hey they got their man out there.

The face of failure is George W. Bush.

He inherited a budget surplus, a strong economy, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later he left a trillion dollar deficit, a collapsed economy, and two useless wars.

parrot.jpg

Even baseball players don't bat 1000. I think the Tea Party did quite well in the elections yesterday. You couldn't really expect Boxer to loose in California because after all, the voters in California are kooks and nuts. Those voters would vote Democratic if Mickey Mouse was the candidate listed as a Democrat on the ballot. They elected Brown as Governor to prove that point. In Nevada, Reid had all the strong arms from the Unions and I am sure there were back room deals to go along with that. It's how Reid operates. What surprised me in the elections yesterday was the fact that everywhere Obama and crew went to strongly campaign for some candidate, that candidate lost in the election. That is the clearest and strongest message I got from yesterday's election. If the Republicans do well in getting the country back to work and some sort of control on all the out of control spending coming out of Washington, they will take control of the Senate in the next election. If not, the voters will fire them just like the voters fired all the Democrats in this election.

The tea party was a major factor in mark rubio's victory in a three party race, he is the new face of the republican party and may go all the way to the white house, if he doesn't fuck up in the meantime.

Rant on wingnuts. If the so-called "establishment candidates" for the Repugs had won in the Senate primaries in Deleware and Nevada, you'd have wonthe Senate. But as of today, Reid is majority leader still.

Oh, and any claim of Dems outspending Repugs has to ignore the hundreds of millions poured into attack ads by corporations, both foreign and domestic.

There is more than an even chance that the Republicans will take the Senate in '12. This is more a mathematical than political consideration...

I believe that there will be some 23 or 24 Democrats up for re-election, and only about 9 Republicans.

Further, there are three Democrat Senators who may be 'targets' of offers by the Republicans...

"Republican Sen. John Cornyn is rolling out the welcome mat for any Democrats willing to switch party affiliations after Democrats receive the one-sided drubbing most analysts predict on Election Day...."
Cornyn: GOP 'Would Welcome' Lieberman, Nelson

Last edited:
This is a good thing for America because now they have to act and not hide behind 'it's their fault' rhetoric. It will be interesting to see if they have the guts to cut Medicare, military spending, and vote themselves a pay decrease. They can't stop healthcare so it will be the bogeyman still. Tax reduction hasn't worked, so this should be fun. LOL

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/02/opinion/02iht-edcohen.html?src=me&ref=general

This is a good thing for America because now they have to act and not hide behind 'it's their fault' rhetoric. It will be interesting to see if they have the guts to cut Medicare, military spending, and vote themselves a pay decrease.
I think this is the first time I've agreed with you. Ever.

They'll act or else they're done in two years. And yes, although hc cant be repealed...yet, their job is to start the process of defunding. O will blame them all the way.

This is the first time since 1930 that one chamber of Congress has changed hands without the other.
Yep and in the two years that followed, unemployment went to 25%, the stock market lost 80% of it's value and the number of foreclosure skyrocketed.

The Tea Party clearly lost the Senate for the Repugs, especially in Deleware and Nevada.
I'm still wondering how one loses something they didn't have.

So in effect no one ever loses in a running race, or a car race, or any type of competition. I see your logic...:eusa_whistle::eusa_shhh:
Not a good analogy, but I suspect you knew that anyway. But maybe you can tell me how someone loses something they didn't have.

This is a good thing for America because now they have to act and not hide behind 'it's their fault' rhetoric.

No, I think Obama will still try to blame the other side.

You are correct. It clearly states on page 39 of the Liberal Democrats Handbook for Dummies that blame is to be laid on anyone except for yourself. Furthermore, it states that if you are not able to pass the blame to others, simply say that you can't remember that particular event or why you are associated with it.

all the attack ad money spent by the corps was against Dems.

Please illuminate this. Where was all the union money spent? Who did It attack?

quitcherbitchin.

The best thing about the GOP NOT winning the Senate is that P-BO can't blanket label congress and all his problems on the republicans with any credibility. He'll try and the stupid will believe, but they aren't all voters.

Forum List

Back