First Openly Gay Football Player

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Missouri All-American Michael Sam says he is gay, and the defensive end could become the first openly homosexual player in the NFL.

In interviews with ESPN, The New York Times and Outsports that were published Sunday, Sam said he came out to all his teammates and coaches at Missouri in August.

"I am an openly, proud gay man," he said.

Reports: Missouri All-American says he is gay - SFGate

football contracts will never the same, football will never the same. football has traditionally been heterosexual, now, it will ruined because of this player. now when any heterosexual watches football, they will turn gay.

A pat on the ass is going to mean something else then good play

This kid will be drafted this year to play in the NFL. He is projected to be drafted in the mid rounds but could slide down in the draft due to if he can play LB or not, or if he's willing to play that position. He is an undersized DE, so teams will be looking to see if he can play other positions due to his size.

Michael Sam, a Missouri Tigers defensive end and NFL hopeful, says he is gay | FOX Sports on MSN

If he drops in the draft, please know its not about him being gay, it's because of being an undersized DE.

This kid will be drafted this year to play in the NFL. He is projected to be drafted in the mid rounds but could slide down in the draft due to if he can play LB or not, or if he's willing to play that position. He is an undersized DE, so teams will be looking to see if he can play other positions due to his size.

Michael Sam, a Missouri Tigers defensive end and NFL hopeful, says he is gay | FOX Sports on MSN

If he drops in the draft, please know its not about him being gay, it's because of being an undersized DE.

I will care about him if he gets picked up by one of my fav teams.....I certainly expect him to be better than Tebow. Pretty much everyone is.

I will care about him if he gets picked up by one of my fav teams.....I certainly expect him to be better than Tebow. Pretty much everyone is.

Tebow would actually make a great TE or FB. As a QB though, he isn't a very good one, lol.

As for the subject of the thread, Sam is going to be a pretty good football player for whoever drafts him, but I know there will be someone somewhere who will be yelling and screaming about him not playing or falling in the draft is because he is gay.

This is a sports issue and should be moved.
Using the same criteria that this topic "Why football keeps America from ever being invaded. " was used.

How do you get politics from gay and football?

He has hurt himself in the draft, many GM's will pass on a distraction or potential distraction. With two athletes being equal, GM's like the guy who isn't a distraction.

Yes he has. That is what happens when you run off at the mouth before you have gotten the job. Potential employers regardless of occupation do not want to hear about your personal shit during the interview. It is a sign of trouble they don't want to be bothered with later.

He has hurt himself in the draft, many GM's will pass on a distraction or potential distraction. With two athletes being equal, GM's like the guy who isn't a distraction.

I think he came out so he could get picked higher in the draft. If he doesn't go in the first round, the NFL will be labeled anti-gay. Obama called him a leader in sportsmanship. So slobbing the knob must be a sport, because it's got nothing to do with football. Maybe they'll have it in the summer Olympics.

Last edited:

I think he came out so he could get picked higher in the draft. If he doesn't go in the first round, the NFL will be labeled anti-gay. Obama called him a leader in sportsmanship. So slobbing the knob must be a sport, because it's got nothing to do with football. Maybe they'll have it in the summer Olympics.

If he expects to be drafted higher, I think he made a big mistake. Nobody will want a media circus surrounding what should be a mid round draft choice. These picks are not typical locks to make a team. What GM or coach will want to be second guessed if the kid doesn't pan out? Is the kid a bust or is the coach a homophobic bastard? I doubt the kid gets drafted, or if he does, in the 6th or 7th round.

No way, no one is going to draft a distraction higher than he was going to be in the first place. The NFL and it teams want the best players and the least distractions. He is a 5th rounder.

If he expects to be drafted higher, I think he made a big mistake. Nobody will want a media circus surrounding what should be a mid round draft choice. These picks are not typical locks to make a team. What GM or coach will want to be second guessed if the kid doesn't pan out? Is the kid a bust or is the coach a homophobic bastard? I doubt the kid gets drafted, or if he does, in the 6th or 7th round.

That's what I thought about the dude with the fake girlfriend, San Diego got him.

No way, no one is going to draft a distraction higher than he was going to be in the first place. The NFL and it teams want the best players and the least distractions. He is a 5th rounder.

Weren't you the one that said Denver would make it close, and insinuated that you knew more about football than me? Bwah ha ha ha ha!

I can't see him being drafted at all.

What team owner wants to deal with the political fallout if the guy doesn't make the team?

You would have both the rainbow children and the race hustlers throwing a big hissy.

Forum List

Back