First 4 US Presidents?

I can name them can you? I did almost forget the second but I remembered in time.

Washington, Adams, Jefferson and Madison.[/QUOTE]

Yup when I started to name them I went Washington Jefferson Madison and then went wait a minute I am missing one and then remembered Adams.

I think I can name almost all of them....maybe all not in the correct order

My fourth grade teacher had us memorize all the Presidents. But as that list ended with Lyndon Johnson, I suppose we were responsible to remember the subsequent Presidents on our own.

Probably better then me Lets see...

Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Adams, Jackson, Tyler, Can't remember the next couple.Fremont, Buchanan, Lincoln , Johnson, Grant, Lose a couple more, McKinley, Roosevelt, I know there is another one I cant remember, Wilson, Coolidge, Hoover, Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and of course Obama.

Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Adams, Jackson, Tyler, Can't remember the next couple.Fremont, Buchanan, Lincoln , Johnson, Grant, Lose a couple more, McKinley, Roosevelt, I know there is another one I cant remember, Wilson, Coolidge, Hoover, Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and of course Obama.

I tend to take guys like Pierce and Polk, Taylor and Tyler or Hayes and Harrison and name one and not the other. I am pretty good up to Lincoln and after Teddy Roosevelt. But the ones in between, I have to work at

You lose two points for Fremont

Last edited:

President Fremont?

My fourth grade teacher had us memorize all the Presidents. But as that list ended with Lyndon Johnson, I suppose we were responsible to remember the subsequent Presidents on our own.

On a good day I make it through the list. On an average day I have trouble remembering where to put Millard Fillmore. It's easier if you do them in order and go by election date. We play the game at the office; most often forgotten are

Martin Van Buren
Franklin Pierce
James A Garfield
Chester A Arthur
Benjamin Harrison

President Fremont?

Well I got one wrong sue me. could you name them? Van Buren is probably who goes there?

President Fremont?

Well I got one wrong sue me. could you name them? Van Buren is probably who goes there?
Millard Filmore? Franklin Pierce? Those early 19th century guys are the toughest.

President Fremont?

I'm thinking Pierce and Filmore

Ok I missed a bunch some I should not have. I missed Monroe before the second Adams. I missed van Buren, Harrison, Polk ( whom I should have remembered) Taylor, Fillmore, Pierce, between Jackson and Buchanan .

Hayes, Garfield Arthur Cleveland Harrison after Grant.

Taft between Roosevelt.

And Harding after Wilson.

I can name them all, in order, which parties, years served, all the way to what's his name.

WAJMM (Doctrine), after that I always get a little fuzzy. All but Adams served two terms, due to his undermining by Jefferson (the father of American partisan politics).

This is one reason the public's rating of the presidents is not very reliable. To name them all in the correct order and then give even the high lights of the 44 presidents (how do we count Cleveland) much less rate them is difficult.

Usually, I just break our history into eras and name the president in each era

There are certain lulls in history that make it difficult to remember what each president did

Forum List

Back