CDZ Firing Comey.....what was the motivation?

Ewww.. I'd rather drink my own puke.....
No doubt you would. Fanatics and partisans are like that. OTOH, I'd recommend a better course of action: live up to one's own beliefs. Have a code of honor and life it even if it means it costs our lives.

Most people are cowards and do not have such a code. To them, this is all a trifle. Not worth worrying about. Fine. Their choice. I don't worry about their opinions either.

Oh I do have a code of honor. A high one. That's why instant coffee is nowhere to be found around here.

As I said, weird tangent. But one I'm prepared for.

Firing Comey.....what was the motivation?

Several things motivated that action.
  • Willfulness
  • Discord
  • Diversion
All good words, but an expansion who who's willfulness, who's discord and who's diversion would be helpful

He protected hilary, huma, lois lerner and wasn't investigating who unmasked Mike Flynn...you know, the only actual crime out of this Russian investigation......oh yeah, he hasn't been curious about obama spying on Trump and his people.....and we are finding out the spying happened to a lot of others.......and he wasn't curious...

weird the POTUS should be more concerned with who told the truth vs who lied...lied TO HIM (supposedly).

IMO Flynn fell on his sword as POTUS and VP knew he was lying...

trump and the trumpswabs hounded comey to come out with weiner's (relatively benign) emails.

they were FURIOUS the FBI investigation found that no reasonable prosecutor would charge our Secretary of State.

so the thugs were desperate for more FAKE NEWS propaganda.

then when comey did reopen the case, casting a shadow on hillary one week prior...

trump said comey was THE MAN! gave him a big hug after he won, thanked him and called him brave.

NOW all of a sudden after he realizes he and his associates are under FBI investigation, he changed his tune.

gee i wonder why... :doubt:

Analysis: Donald Trump's decision to fire James Comey means the campaign won't end

There are billions of articles on it, I just picked one from a source I don't always use.

Why did Trump fire the man now?

Does the secret lie in Comey's personality?

Comey seems an interesting man. Let's see if my take on him is right.

Comey was appointed by Obama then contradicted him by seeming to out Hillary on the email thing. BUT, Comey did not want to prosecute Hillary. Since he picked a middle ground I figure Comey couldn't stand what Hillary did with the emails but also felt it either was not critical or did not think he could win a case.

Gonzales Hospital Episode Detailed

Previously Comey was involved in some episode where he helped prevent John Ashcroft from being bullied (or allowed) to sign off on extending some kind of unconstitutional surveillance order during the big government surveillance hey day following 9-11. So there is a law enforcement officer Comey, coming out on the side of civil liberty during the Bush W administration.

Do I have these right?

What else do I need to know about Comey and what was Trump up to?
My view after watching today's (5/10/2017) PBS News Hour and the guests interviewed on it is that Comey's firing had nothing to do with Hillary.

Comey was fired because he asked for more money to dig deeper into the Russian influence and collusion thing.

PBS NewsHour full episode May 10, 2017

May 10 2017

A little less than a month ago, President Donald Trump said he has "confidence" in then-FBI Director James Comey.

Trump gave him numerous doses of praise and was seemingly a fan. Trump had publicly stated his respect and confidence in Comey, even hugging him during a law enforcement reception days after his inauguration.

"The FBI - after discovering new emails, is re-opening their investigation into Hillary Clinton," Trump said at a rally in Manchester, New Hampshire. "I have great respect for the FBI for righting this wrong."

OCTOBER 31, 2016 - Trump holds a rally in Grand Rapids, MI

"You know that. It took a lot of guts. I really disagreed with him. I was not his fan," Trump said of Comey. "I tell you what, what he did, he brought back his reputation. He brought it back. He's got to hang tough. A lot of people want him to do the wrong thing. What he did was the right thing."

While speaking to supporters in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Trump again offered praise for the FBI and this time mentioned Comey by name. Trump said that Comey has effectively saved his reputation by re-investigating Clinton.

On November 6, Trump again criticized Comey at a rally after the then-FBI director again announced no charges would be brought against Clinton.

NOVEMBER 13, 2016 - Trump's '60 Minutes' interview with Lesley Stahl

"I respect him a lot. I respect the FBI a lot," Trump said.

JANUARY 22, 2017 - Trump attends a law enforcement reception on his second full day as president

"He's become more famous than me," Trump said of Comey to a crowd at a reception.

Before making the comment, Trump called out to Comey, who was in the crowd. Comey approached Trump who shook his hand before embracing him in a hug.

Between January and May, Trump reignited his feud with Comey, slamming the FBI and intelligence community in tweets for allegedly leaking information to the press about former National Security Adviser Mike Flynn.

Here's all the times in the past when Trump talked about Comey

Last edited:
March 20, 2017

Less than forty minutes into the hearing, James Comey, the director of the F.B.I., provided the latest official confirmation that the “Russian story” is not “FAKE NEWS.” It is, rather, the most serious legal scandal to confront a sitting President in nearly two decades. In an extraordinary public statement, Comey disclosed not only that the bureau is investigating Russian meddling in the campaign but that it is also looking at what relationship the Trump campaign might have had to that meddling.

“The F.B.I., as part of our counterintelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 Presidential election,” Comey said. “And that includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

The Trump Campaign Has Been Under Investigation Since July

Last edited:
Trump asserts Comey told him he’s not under investigation

"While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation" :eusa_liar:

:rolleyes:

President Donald Trump asserted in his extraordinary letter firing James Comey that the ousted FBI director told him three times he's not under investigation, a questionable claim that if true would be a startling breach of protocol.

"Wouldn't happen," said one former federal prosecutor who led criminal cases against public officials.

Comey has publicly confirmed the FBI is investigating possible contacts between the Trump presidential campaign and Russia.

our shameless so-called president literally fired the man who was in charge of investigating him, while at the same time peddling propaganda LIES claiming he is not under FBI investigation... :cuckoo:

Comey got carried away with his own fame and thus lost the focus he needed to lead the FBI. Trump with his decades of experience managing leaders recognized this and did what he had to do.

no, trump forced his hand then persecuted him for laying his cards on the table...

Motivation? Recommendation from AG / Deputy AG.

27wromt.jpg

I must admit, this was the best episode of Apprentice ever.

I thought the Democrats had all agreed amongst themselves the Russians are behind everything,

And by Democrats you mean you are just making this up.

Here is some help for you:

The Russians tried to influence the American Presidential election- confirmed by the FBI, CIA and NSA.
National Security Advisor Flynn lied to Trump's administration about talking with the Russians- he was asked to resign- after 18 days.
The FBI is investigating Russia's election hacking attempt- and as part of that are investigating whether there was any collusion between Russia and Trump's campaign.
The Attorney General agreed to recuse himself after Sessions had falsely claimed never to have met with the Russians.
Then Sessions recommended the firing of the man leading the investigation of the Russians- the investigation Sessions recused himself for.

Personally I doubted that there was any actual collusion between Trump's campaign and Russia- just Trump hired some liars- but ......this firing makes me more suspicious.

What is Trump trying to hide?

lol so there is still not a single shred of evidence after all these months. Yes, we know that.

Oh I do have a code of honor. A high one. That's why instant coffee is nowhere to be found around here.

As I said, weird tangent. But one I'm prepared for.
We can agree to disagree on the quality of your code of honor.

Comey, OTOH, does have a good code of honor and he was shit upon by both the Clinton Clan and the Trumpsters for sticking to it.

Last edited:
I thought the Democrats had all agreed amongst themselves the Russians are behind everything,

The Russians tried to influence the American Presidential election- confirmed by the FBI, CIA and NSA.
National Security Advisor Flynn lied to Trump's administration about talking with the Russians- he was asked to resign- after 18 days.
The FBI is investigating Russia's election hacking attempt- and as part of that are investigating whether there was any collusion between Russia and Trump's campaign.
The Attorney General agreed to recuse himself after Sessions had falsely claimed never to have met with the Russians.
Then Sessions recommended the firing of the man leading the investigation of the Russians- the investigation Sessions recused himself for.

Personally I doubted that there was any actual collusion between Trump's campaign and Russia- just Trump hired some liars- but ......this firing makes me more suspicious.

lol so there is still not a single shred of evidence after all these months. Yes, we know that.
There was evidence Flynn had inappropriate relations with the Russians.

There's also evidence that other members of the Trump Campaign had relations with the Russians.

Trump himself had some interesting relations with the Russians, although nothing illegal has been publicly revealed....yet.

The LWers love to point out Trump publicly calling for the Russians to hack Hillary, which they did. Do I think they did it for Trump? No, but when all of this is laid out on a table, it looks funny....and not the good funny. Definitely worth investigating.

Trump urges Russia to hack Clinton's email
Donald Trump invited Russia to hack Hillary Clinton's emails on Wednesday, asking one of America’s longstanding geopolitical adversaries to find “the 30,000 emails that are missing” from the personal server she used during her time as secretary of state.

“I will tell you this, Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” the Republican nominee said at a news conference in Florida. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

our shameless so-called president literally fired the man who was in charge of investigating him, while at the same time peddling propaganda LIES claiming he is not under FBI investigation... :cuckoo:
Yep, just like the wannabe-President wanted Comey fired for revealing she was corrupt.

Yep, just like the wannabe-President wanted Comey fired for revealing she was corrupt.
Yep- Comey revealed Clinton was corrupt- just like he revealed Trump is corrupt.

LOL

LOL- so you agree that you were just lying about the Democrats agreeing that the Russians were behind everything.

There was evidence Flynn had inappropriate relations with the Russians.

Like what? Didn't have anything to with the voting. Hillary has taken lots of money from the Russians, and her buddy Podesta has far more involvement with them than just a couple of phone calls.

There's also evidence that other members of the Trump Campaign had relations with the Russians.

Trump himself had some interesting relations with the Russians, although nothing illegal has been publicly revealed....yet.

It hasn't been revealed because there is nothing there.

The LWers love to point out Trump publicly calling for the Russians to hack Hillary, which they did. Do I think they did it for Trump? No, but when all of this is laid out on a table, it looks funny....and not the good funny. Definitely worth investigating.

Trump urges Russia to hack Clinton's email
Donald Trump invited Russia to hack Hillary Clinton's emails on Wednesday, asking one of America’s longstanding geopolitical adversaries to find “the 30,000 emails that are missing” from the personal server she used during her time as secretary of state.

“I will tell you this, Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” the Republican nominee said at a news conference in Florida. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

You can read whatever theory you want in what Trump said, it's still going to be obvious he was making a joke, and one about a hack that had already happened, according to the Democrats, so it wasn't 'encouragement', and he was also right about the media being willing to pay big bucks for them, so this is just another entirely imaginary 'talking point'.

Forum List

Back