Firefly

OP - I apologize, I didn't know about the show at the time! I swear! I was in middle school!

Of course if this thread is about Firefly the poster then ignore my previous statement. And keep on flying.

This thread is about the greatest television series to ever air.

Then I wish I could rep you a thousand times. Have you seen the semi-reunion on syfy from earlier this year?

Last edited:
Really? That good huh. Have not seen it myself but I am going to have to watch it now. All the good shows end far to early. I, for one, was pissed at the end to SGU. That was an awesome show and was ended far to early.

Really? That good huh. Have not seen it myself but I am going to have to watch it now. All the good shows end far to early. I, for one, was pissed at the end to SGU. That was an awesome show and was ended far to early.

Indeed. Check out Firefly. I suspect it's cancellation (even ten years on) will piss you off as well.

Was cancelled because of you. You suck.

Actually, it was cancelled because the Fox Network ran the episodes out of sequence, so they made less sense, they didn't promote the show properly and they put it in a crappy time slot.

I think what happened is that they went to Joss Whedon and said, "Give us another Buffy", and Joss came back with this weird space show that had Chinese-speaking Cowboys in it, and they said, "What the fuck?"

It was a great show, and it is an acquired taste.

Pretty much like Futurama and their sorry attempt to ressurrect Doctor Who, Fox shouldn't be trusted with any Science Fiction franchise.

Was cancelled because of you. You suck.

Actually, it was cancelled because the Fox Network ran the episodes out of sequence, so they made less sense, they didn't promote the show properly and they put it in a crappy time slot.

Nope - it was you Joe. Fess up. It's all your fault.

Well, I'll admit, when it was on, I didn't waste time trying to figure out where Fox was putting it this week. I think of the original ten episodes they bothered to air, I did watch maybe 8 of them in their first run.

When Sci-Fi ran them in the proper order with the 4 unaired episodes put back into the mix, it made a lot more sense as a series.

Nope - it was you Joe. Fess up. It's all your fault.

Well, I'll admit, when it was on, I didn't waste time trying to figure out where Fox was putting it this week. I think of the original ten episodes they bothered to air, I did watch maybe 8 of them in their first run.

When Sci-Fi ran them in the proper order with the 4 unaired episodes put back into the mix, it made a lot more sense as a series.

I knew it was you! ;)

But, yeah - they set it up to fail. No point dwelling. Except on Friday nights when dblack has been drinking.

I will shoulder some of the blame. I did not watch it when it originally aired, but on DVD. Wish the show had continued and the movie never would have had to happen.

But that was the problem, I think.

I did watch them when the originally aired, but the decisions Fox made in the order they were run really actually did hurt the show. For instance, the two-hour pilot which pretty much set up all the characters wasn't run until the show was already slated to be cancelled. instead they wrote a "second pilot" which didn't have a lot of the set-up material in establishing who the characters were and what their relationships were.

This was a critical mistake in promoting the show and helping it develop its fan base.

Other episodes, like the second appearance of the Saffron Character, weren't aired, so the nice setup of the first time the character was introduced didn't get the payoff.

Forum List

Back