Final word on Net Neutrality.....

mLduzJ1.png
Seems like government is the ball gag and restraints. No corporation can force you to buy something only the government can, and that only has been the case since obiecare. Corporations have no power over you unless they can use regulations to make it happen and that requires government intervention.

Those net corporations can’t offer you service without government help .
How the hell do you figure that? Damn, it's like you think if you don't get a drivers license you can't drive a car. You absolutely can have all the skills to drive a car without that plastic government document saying you can. Can you visualize yourself ever doing anything on your own without a government idiot giving you a gold star to proceed?

How the hell can you run cable all over public land without the gov giving you easements ?

And are you saying we shouldn’t license drivers!?!

I have been in this type business for 37 years...

If you are running cable in a public right of way you

do it by permit by right of a franchise.

Former FCC Commissioner Robert McDowell

destroys ali velshi....

What an ass hurt little bitch. Jesus. His whole argument got destroyed and he did nothing but deflect to this "legalese" bullshit argument. The former commissioner was correct. Net Neutrality does NOTHING to protect consumers or startups. It's already against the law. This is simply more proof that it was Commie Bolshevik Plot by Barrack Goose-Stepping Commie Hussain to shut down or limit free speech on the internet.

Bullshit . The whole reason it came up is cause providers (who are part of huge conglomerates) were screwing with the competition.

Comcast owns Skype . Skypes competition is apple face time . How about we sabatoge anyone using face time on our service so it runs like crap ???

I guess that’s cool with you. .

Umm, no you fucking moron. You have far more choices now and will have even less under net neutrality. If you hate comcast why the fuck would you want a law that makes sure they are the only ones you could ever choose?

How do I have more choices ?

At least if I’m stuck wh Comcast I know they can’t screw wh my service .

Why do you think this came up in 2015? Oh, cause companies were starting to screw with access and quality. .

Explain how you had more choices with dial up...

It was phone line based . You could call into whichever company

Broadband is cable based . There’s limited cable lines. .
Jesus Tim, take a fucking break from the pot pipe. There were limited phone lines back in the day as well. You may want to look up party lines for reference. The demand made them bring in more. Cable is the same way. And now we can get broadband on the old phone lines. Crazy isn't it? All of that without government regulation.

Yeah. “Limited “ to thousands of numbers.

Unlike the cables that cross our cities in towns. There are infrastructure limitations to cable . That is a fact . That’s why we regulate the limited providers .
I think you need to do some serious research on how telecommunications has evolved over the last 30 years. You're thinking like a slice of pie only has so many pieces. It doesn't unless you halt all progress to make more slices of the same pie and actually make those pieces bigger.

In the early 80's we had one line to one house or business and that was all. In a business we had what was called the 1A2 phone system (look it up). It was one line in one line out and every phone in the building had to have that line direct so we had a 25 pair cable to each phone to handle it. The limit was how many wires you could run. The Secretary had a hundred cables to her phone. Later we got a Merlin. It could take multiple lines from outside and make each phone in the business be able to answer any line on a four wire cable. So we had 50 lines incoming and they could all be managed within the business on four wires to each desk.

Guess what happened next? The incoming lines got better, T1's T3's, Frame relays etc. All one a couple wires not 100. The precursor to your internet access.

I'm not going to go much further but the point is. Whatever you think the limit is now can only be the limit if you use regulations to make it that way. The government will make what you have today the best you can ever hope to get. Only free markets will get you better service.

Seems like government is the ball gag and restraints. No corporation can force you to buy something only the government can, and that only has been the case since obiecare. Corporations have no power over you unless they can use regulations to make it happen and that requires government intervention.

How the hell do you figure that? Damn, it's like you think if you don't get a drivers license you can't drive a car. You absolutely can have all the skills to drive a car without that plastic government document saying you can. Can you visualize yourself ever doing anything on your own without a government idiot giving you a gold star to proceed?

How the hell can you run cable all over public land without the gov giving you easements ?

Yes . My point exactly .

You could not create that network if you had to get easements from everyone.

destroys ali velshi....

What an ass hurt little bitch. Jesus. His whole argument got destroyed and he did nothing but deflect to this "legalese" bullshit argument. The former commissioner was correct. Net Neutrality does NOTHING to protect consumers or startups. It's already against the law. This is simply more proof that it was Commie Bolshevik Plot by Barrack Goose-Stepping Commie Hussain to shut down or limit free speech on the internet.

Bullshit . The whole reason it came up is cause providers (who are part of huge conglomerates) were screwing with the competition.

Comcast owns Skype . Skypes competition is apple face time . How about we sabatoge anyone using face time on our service so it runs like crap ???

Doesn't net neutrality make that the norm? Is this really the stage you want to stop innovation with you on comcast and not getting the speed you need because they have no competition because the government said so?

Do you know what an easement is? Your property has one. How do you think the first cable got put in there? Along with the electrical line, gas line, water and sewer?

I'm saying being a good driver has nothing to do with getting a license. You either are or aren't a good driver. Getting the license has nothing to do with that given the low standards it takes to get one.

Government backed easements and eminent domain . How the F do you think you can make newtorks like that ? Private industry only? Yeah, good luck with that .

Timmy, you don't have a clue what you are talking

about, the government does not obtain easements

for communications companies.

Yes . My point exactly .

Those easements already exist.

destroys ali velshi....

Listen to the Former FCC Commissioner. That's already against the law.

This scam was an attempt to shut down opposition speech, and you fucking know it, commie.

This whole left wing panic over net neutrality is stupid. The government can't innovate, all they can do is regulate what is already there to the point no improvements are made or possible. Cell phone technology was actually presented back in the late 40's after WWII. It was shelved by government regulation until the break up of the Bell companies. Kind of odd how once the monopoly was snapped the tech expanded. Yet what the left want's is a monopoly. It's why all the big players are for it. It keeps them in business with no competition worries. Internet providers under market competition always add more for less to keep up. The only way that can stop is if government sets the rules and keeps them from doing it. Net neutrality simply means the current system is all you get, forever.

Who created the internet ? Was that government?

Only people against net neutrality re big biz hacks .

Yes idiot, they did. But it languished until the private sector got involved, then it exploded.

Do you know what an easement is? Your property has one. How do you think the first cable got put in there? Along with the electrical line, gas line, water and sewer?

I'm saying being a good driver has nothing to do with getting a license. You either are or aren't a good driver. Getting the license has nothing to do with that given the low standards it takes to get one.

Government backed easements and eminent domain . How the F do you think you can make newtorks like that ? Private industry only? Yeah, good luck with that .

Sure they do . At some points . Either way, those lines are riding along public property.

How do I have more choices ?

At least if I’m stuck wh Comcast I know they can’t screw wh my service .

Why do you think this came up in 2015? Oh, cause companies were starting to screw with access and quality. .

Explain how you had more choices with dial up...

It was phone line based . You could call into whichever company

Broadband is cable based . There’s limited cable lines. .
Jesus Tim, take a fucking break from the pot pipe. There were limited phone lines back in the day as well. You may want to look up party lines for reference. The demand made them bring in more. Cable is the same way. And now we can get broadband on the old phone lines. Crazy isn't it? All of that without government regulation.

Yeah. “Limited “ to thousands of numbers.

Unlike the cables that cross our cities in towns. There are infrastructure limitations to cable . That is a fact . That’s why we regulate the limited providers .
I think you need to do some serious research on how telecommunications has evolved over the last 30 years. You're thinking like a slice of pie only has so many pieces. It doesn't unless you halt all progress to make more slices of the same pie and actually make those pieces bigger.

In the early 80's we had one line to one house or business and that was all. In a business we had what was called the 1A2 phone system (look it up). It was one line in one line out and every phone in the building had to have that line direct so we had a 25 pair cable to each phone to handle it. The limit was how many wires you could run. The Secretary had a hundred cables to her phone. Later we got a Merlin. It could take multiple lines from outside and make each phone in the business be able to answer any line on a four wire cable. So we had 50 lines incoming and they could all be managed within the business on four wires to each desk.

Guess what happened next? The incoming lines got better, T1's T3's, Frame relays etc. All one a couple wires not 100. The precursor to your internet access.

I'm not going to go much further but the point is. Whatever you think the limit is now can only be the limit if you use regulations to make it that way. The government will make what you have today the best you can ever hope to get. Only free markets will get you better service.

All so true...and to think that coax cable was invented
in the 1880's and first used by the Bells in the 1940's.
No need for twisted pairs...

It's binary, no counting pairs or throws....In the old days of cable a node would feed 1600 people with a forward and return fiber.

Now the nodes serve fewer people with one
fiber and traffic going both ways.....

Now they can even split the fibers in the head ends.
All of this innovation was from competition, not the government.

Yes . My point exactly .

What about when the lines go cross country or

behind peoples house's?

Give me your best guess and then I will tell

you what it "is"

The government let what they had go because they wanted the tech from private companies that was better.
Not quite, the Hippies from the Free Speech Movement, namely Bill Joy, gave away to the public domaign BSD UNIX code for free and the government then used it!

During his seven years at Berkeley, Joy and a few other graduate students and staff researchers spearheaded an intensive software development effort that culminated, most famously, in a radically improved version of AT&T's Unix, known simply as Berkeley Unix or, more commonly, as BSD, for Berkeley Software Distribution.Talk about your killer apps! Berkeley Unix worked so well that DARPA chose it to be the preferred "universal computing environment" linking together Arpanet research nodes, thus setting in place an essential piece of infrastructure for the later growth of the Internet. An entire generation of computer scientists cut their teeth on Berkeley Unix.

Sure they do . At some points . Either way, those lines are riding along public property.

No they don't, you don't have a clue what you are

talking about.....plus the vast majority of all utilities

cross private property......

Who created the internet ? Was that government?

Only people against net neutrality re big biz hacks .

What!!!?? I thought Al Gore invented the internet.

He never said that Mr Fake news .

OH YEA....watch this, in his own words

he says he invented the internet.

Now quote your lying snopes......

He didn’t say he “invented the internet “ now did he ? So who’s the liar ?

Oooo, so sorry...he created the internet.

See, even when the Right gets caught lying with their made up quotes, they just keep on lying with another misquote. Gore actually said IN CONGRESS he took the INITIATIVE in the creation of the internet.
Now lie your way out of that!

See, even when the Right gets caught lying with their made up quotes, they just keep on lying with another misquote. Gore actually said IN CONGRESS he took the INITIATIVE in the creation of the internet.

See post # 54 dumb ass.........

Forum List

Back