Film review: Fahrenheit 9/11

Originally posted by Pale Rider
Not that I'm aware of. But then I haven't listened to much of the news for a couple days. It's all been about President Reagan. And one thing I can get sick of listening to in a hurry, it's pundits.

I'm sure once it hits the theaters, there'll be all kinds of bluster.
Yeah, man. Reagan is dominating the airwaves...

Originally posted by nycflasher
Any GOP response yet?

Don't expect the GOP to legitimize this rancid reel of crap with a response of any kind.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Don't expect the GOP to legitimize this rancid reel of crap with a response of any kind.

Yeah what the fuck, protests are for losers. Somebody tell me one protest that has had direct impact upon policy in this country? Vietnam you say? Uh uh, that war was lost by politicians long before protests started happening.

I have enough faith in people to believe that they see Moore for what he is, a lying, propogandizing, self promoting, worthless and cellulitic piece of horse cum. GOP don't need to waste their time on this loser.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
I've never really been fond of protestors, but I hope they're out in force against this piece of crap.

I know if it comes out in a theater here in Phoenix, and it more than likely will, and there's a protest there, I'M GOING!

Maybe I'll see you!! I usually go to either AMC Esplanade 14 or Deer Valley 30.... of course I'll more and likely be crossing your picket line to see the movie, but you know, lol :p:

To earlier comments, I can't say that I agree about Ann Coulter telling the truth. There have been many times that she has been "caught" for lack of a better word, quoting only what she wants to make it fit her position in her books. I'm sure once I got home, I could reference a couple. (I'm at work right now, so don't ask lol)

There have been critics that have talked positively about the movie just like there are negative reviews. You have to just decide yourself whether or not to go see it, because everyone has a difference of opinion. On a side note: I LOVED CHAINSAW MASSACRE, the remake!!! I even own it on DVD, but in all honesty, I'm a huge Friday the 13th fan. :D

As for Disney, well.... I think it's just funny. So many reasons why they didn't want to distribute the movie and all of them either show how shallow Disney is or they like to change their tune. Here's a few:

Mr. Moore's agent said that Michael Eisner, Disney's chief executive, had expressed concern that the film might jeopardize tax breaks granted to Disney for its theme park, hotels and other ventures in Florida, where Jeb Bush is governor. If that is the reason for Disney's move, it would underscore the dangers of allowing huge conglomerates to gobble up diverse media companies.

On the other hand, a senior Disney executive says the real reason is that Disney caters to families of all political stripes and that many of them might be alienated by the film. Those families, of course, would not have to watch the documentary.

It is hard to say which rationale for blocking distribution is more depressing. But it is clear that Disney loves its bottom line more than the freedom of political discourse

Or:

"Michael Moore has known for a year that we will not distribute this movie, so this is not news." Yes, that is what I thought, too, except Disney kept sending us all that money to make the movie. Miramax said there was no problem. I got the idea that everything was fine."

Yet, what's funny is that Michael Eisner did not call Miramax and tell them to stop the film. Not only that, for the next year, SIX MILLION dollars of DISNEY money continued to flow into the production of making this movie. Miramax assured Michael Moore that there were no distribution problems with his film.

Then my personal favorite:

"It is not in the best interests of our company to distribute a partisan political film that may offend some of our customers." Hmmm. Disney doesn't distribute work that has partisan politics? Disney distributes and syndicates the Sean Hannity radio show every day? I get to listen to Rush Limbaugh every day on Disney-owned WABC. I also seem to remember that Disney distributed a very partisan political movie during a Congressional election year, 1998—a film called The Big One… by, um… Michael Moore!

And last:

"Fahrenheit 9/11 is not the Disney brand; we put out family oriented films." So true. That's why the #1 Disney film in theaters right now is a film called, KILL BILL, VOL. 2. This excellent Miramax film, along with other classics like Pulp Fiction, have all been distributed by Disney. That's why Miramax exists -- to provide an ALTERNATIVE to the usual Disney fare. And, unless they were NC-17, Disney has distributed them.

People at Disney are so funny....
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by OCA
Yeah what the fuck, protests are for losers. Somebody tell me one protest that has had direct impact upon policy in this country? Vietnam you say? Uh uh, that war was lost by politicians long before protests started happening.

I have enough faith in people to believe that they see Moore for what he is, a lying, propogandizing, self promoting, worthless and cellulitic piece of horse cum. GOP don't need to waste their time on this loser.

Well, me and my mom years ago, along with 100s of other teachers went on strike and protested (for a little over a week) so teachers could get raises that the district convientlently "forgot" to give them for 6 years. And the teachers won and got their raises and went back to the classrooms to teach.

So there's at least one example! :D

But that didn't have a direct impact on government policy only city policy...

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
Well, me and my mom years ago, along with 100s of other teachers went on strike and protested (for a little over a week) so teachers could get raises that the district convientlently "forgot" to give them for 6 years. And the teachers won and got their raises and went back to the classrooms to teach.

So there's at least one example! :D

No no no a protest, that sounds like a strike, a labor dispute. I'm talking like a 1 day organized march like one of these idiotic things they have here in D.C every so often or Seattle a little while back. Half the time these people don't even know what they are protesting, they're there because its "cool" man.

Spoken like a true loser...

It's called the Right to Free Speech, dipshit.

Fuck you Chippewa. You see thats the difference between righties and lefties, we'd rather spend our time being useful while y'all would rather run around the streets being a fucking drain on society.

Yeah nobody said take away your free speech right fuckwad, you like wasting your time and the taxpayers money by all means do it. Just remember its a huge waste of time. Just a question though, can next time can y'all pare it down to 1 believable subject for the protest instead of 3 dozen absolutely ridiculous things.

Originally posted by OCA
Fuck you Chippewa. You see thats the difference between righties and lefties, we'd rather spend our time being useful while y'all would rather run around the streets being a fucking drain on society.

Yeah nobody said take away your free speech right fuckwad, you like wasting your time and the taxpayers money by all means do it. Just remember its a huge waste of time. Just a question though, can next time can y'all pare it down to 1 believable subject for the protest instead of 3 dozen absolutely ridiculous things.

I guess you just don't believe in anything that strongly...

I guess you just don't believe in anything that strongly...

I believe strongly that you're a druggy street whore, does that count?

BTW why are you a pussy and leave your nic on invisible all the time? Are you afraid of something?

Originally posted by OCA
No no no a protest, that sounds like a strike, a labor dispute. I'm talking like a 1 day organized march like one of these idiotic things they have here in D.C every so often or Seattle a little while back. Half the time these people don't even know what they are protesting, they're there because its "cool" man.

Gotcha' ;)

Originally posted by OCA
I believe strongly that you're a druggy street whore, does that count?

BTW why are you a pussy and leave your nic on invisible all the time? Are you afraid of something?

I believe that the only time YOUR opinion counts is when you vote.
Unless you're an ex-con, then YOUR opinion doesn't matter one bit little man.

I believe that the only time YOUR opinion counts is when you vote.
Unless you're an ex-con, then YOUR opinion doesn't matter one bit little man.

Uh yeah ok there Mr. breakin boogaloo. Didn't that shit go out of style back in the 80's?

Not man enough to answer the nic question he Chippewa?

Originally posted by OCA
Uh yeah ok there Mr. breakin boogaloo. Didn't that shit go out of style back in the 80's?

Not man enough to answer the nic question he Chippewa?

What do you know about style? I think that hairdo of yours went out about 50 years ago.:D

nic? What the fuck is that?

I still can't believe you said: "protests are for losers."

You are not American, and/or clearly don't remember/know how we became Americans. Protest to revolution, biatch!

I am not going to dicuss this further with you. You have already discredited yourself.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
The difference is ann coulter tells the truth. Moore presents lies as truth. DO you understand the difference?

Coulter is a disgrace to all columnist. She's the biggest generalizer of all time.
She'll take one obscure, quacky quote from one person who has liberal leanings and then she'll use that as a device to bash all liberals as if this one person she quotes is the spokesperson for all progressives. She's a sham. Her style prevents any intelligent debate or compromise or mutual understanding on an issue.
That's like a liberal taking a quote from conservatives as varied as John McCain or John Ashcroft and saying it applies to all conservatives. There are many degrees to liberal and conservative thought but she thoroughly fails to see this.
Althoug I usually disagree with someone like Cal Thomas, at least his columns are based in logic and reason and I can respect his viewpoints.
Coulter exist for nothing but shock value. Plus, she considers a quick search of Lexis-Nexis thorough research.
For god sakes, she called Rick Bragg an elitist yankee NY Times reporter. He grew up in a small town in Alabama just like me and we have the same alma mater, Auburn University, far from an elitists, liberal school.

Originally posted by OCA

You really think civil disobedience has not helped this country.
Did you completely forget the civil rights movement of the 1960s?

Originally posted by menewa

I think he just ignores it because the civil rights movement didn't help him... "stupid, whiny n....."

I think he just ignores it because the civil rights movement didn't help him... "stupid, whiny n....."

Lol the desperation is seeping through Chippewa. Nobody will believe or buy your attempts to slander me. First off my rep is stellar here yours is torn to bits with the two nics fiasco.

You haven't the slightest amount of balls I have, keep trying to pin me as a racist, i've got 2500 posts that prove otherwise loser.

What do you know about style? I think that hairdo of yours went out about 50 years ago.:D

nic? What the fuck is that?

I still can't believe you said: "protests are for losers."

You are not American, and/or clearly don't remember/know how we became Americans. Protest to revolution, biatch!

I am not going to dicuss this further with you. You have already discredited yourself.

Yeah you will discuss with me whatever I want you to discuss mr. TWO NICKNAMES. You don't have the will power to ignore me. I'm too interesting and provocative to be ignored.

Originally posted by menewa

Yeah ok that did work although it wasn't really disobedience, weren't they peaceful marches? I'm talking this stuff from the last oh 35 years forward, the new "violent" protests, haven't changed a thing.

Forum List

Back