Fight over refrigeration!

Just chill a while.
Peanut butter does not need refrigeration. How could one spread chilled pbutter?
I think I keep all that other stuff in ther after opening. Most perisable products say to do that.

Of course if you like diahrea...

Ha ha @ chill :D

As for food poisoning, French's Mustard's website says their mustard doesn't need refrigeration. Catsup, steak sauce and pickles are full of vinegar, no bacteria can live in there. Next time you go out to your favorite steakhouse, notice that the catsup, mustard and steak sauce are all siting out at room temp, they never refrigerate condiments.

I believe those products say "refrigerate after opening" to preserve flavor.

Naw. They will ferment and spoil. Take my word for it. Ketchup that isn't refrigerated in restaurants spoils (and will reduce a restaurant's safety rating) and if they don't wash out the containers often, it will spoil.

Sour ketchup is nasty.
Mustard, don't worry about it.

And people keep flour in the fridge to kill bugs and keep more bugs out.

I've never heard of people keeping sugar in the fridge, though. I think that would be a little weird, doesn't it lump up?

Pickles will spoil, unless you're keeping them in a cool, dark place in a crock. If you don't have that keep them in the fridge.

I found this while researching condiment refrigeration.

Q. What happens if I leave mayonnaise unrefrigerated for a long period of time?

A. From a food safety standpoint, commercial mayonnaise and mayonnaise-type dressings are perfectly stable when stored at room temperature after opening. Quality, not safety, is the only reason the labels on these products suggest that they be refrigerated after opening. Refrigeration ensures that the commercial mayonnaise keeps its fresh flavor for a longer period of time. Please review the product’s label for more information on storage and shelf life.

Mayonnaise, Vitamin E and Heart Health

So...who's gonna volunteer to test this statement?

You, Mr. I Don't Need No Stinkin Condiments In The Refrigerator. :eusa_whistle:

I found this while researching condiment refrigeration.

Q. What happens if I leave mayonnaise unrefrigerated for a long period of time?

A. From a food safety standpoint, commercial mayonnaise and mayonnaise-type dressings are perfectly stable when stored at room temperature after opening. Quality, not safety, is the only reason the labels on these products suggest that they be refrigerated after opening. Refrigeration ensures that the commercial mayonnaise keeps its fresh flavor for a longer period of time. Please review the product’s label for more information on storage and shelf life.

Mayonnaise, Vitamin E and Heart Health

So...who's gonna volunteer to test this statement?

You, Mr. I Don't Need No Stinkin Condiments In The Refrigerator. :eusa_whistle:

Minty condoms stay fresherer that way...........
(Yes, I spelled it fresherer on purpose.)

Forum List

Back