Ferguson: Another demo of sensationalism journalism

I would be relieved if it was only sensational journalism. Unfortunately, it is nothing more than a canned propaganda production that is pulled out whenever the slightest opportunity presents itself. The irony is that they have completely undermined the credibility of issues brought forth by the Black community.

I would be relieved if it was only sensational journalism. Unfortunately, it is nothing more than a canned propaganda production that is pulled out whenever the slightest opportunity presents itself. The irony is that they have completely undermined the credibility of issues brought forth by the Black community.

True.

When the 'news' came out that a police officer shot an unarmed 'black' kid; I didn't bother to get emotionally invested. I figured the media just wanted another Trayvon Martin case (to lie about) to trump up ratings. I was right. Apparently, a butt load of witnesses have said that the suspect charged the policeman.

Twitter / ChristineDByers: Police sources tell me more ...

To TheGreatGatsby: I have a slightly different take.

Media is running scared. Stop all favorable reporting and violence-prone racists, the very people the media has been catering to for decades, might very well turn around and attack news teams that show up at a riot. I can easily imagine Al Sharpton and the other ‘reverends’ unleashing their dogs on the media the minute they are shown in their true light.

When everything is said and done the media has to fill air time. It matters not what is reported. Basically, I know that if reporters were asked: Who would you offend, the people who will beat you senseless, or the people who watch television news and do nothing more than voice their disgust with fair and balanced? Self-preservation dictates the answer.

When the 'news' came out that a police officer shot an unarmed 'black' kid; I didn't bother to get emotionally invested. I figured the media just wanted another Trayvon Martin case (to lie about) to trump up ratings. I was right. Apparently, a butt load of witnesses have said that the suspect charged the policeman.

Twitter / ChristineDByers: Police sources tell me more ...

On the local level it was not so bad. Oj the day it happened there was a bit of a to do with people gathering around and the news interviewing who ever. I heard a report about the cop's injuries the first day then it did go quiet.

Partially that is to blame on the thorough way cops have to investigate. Not releasing details to contaminate witnesses and all.

Partially it is because tv news can interview anybody and sure enough the locals all had their own version.

I figure it will come out mostly according to the police version now. There was a good interview with a janitor on CNN a few days back I liked.

It will be interesting though.

Forum List

Back