Felony Charges For A Senior Prank

2 weeks community service would be good.

For the graffiti

Free speech doesn't mean you can vandalize property.

Tough shit for these kids, a tough way to learn what rights you actually have.

They have a felony on their records and could spend a year in prison because they painted words on a building. The punishment does not fit the crime.

They have a felony on their records and could spend a year in prison because they painted words on a building. The punishment does not fit the crime.

There will be no felony conviction here. They'll plead to a misdemeanor and do some community service.

There will be no felony conviction here. They'll plead to a misdemeanor and do some community service.
Hopefully that is true. Nonetheless, it is over the top is that felony charges have been brought over spray paint.

Hopefully that is true. Nonetheless, it is over the top is that felony charges have been brought over spray paint.

Felony charges have not been brought. Police don't charge people with shit. That is up to the DA and actually NO charges have been filed yet.

Is it overkill to act like these kids are felons? Of course it is, but there will be no felony convictions.

If it was my house they did that to, I wouldn't care how long they rotted in prison. They should not have done it.

Felony charges have not been brought. Police don't charge people with shit. That is up to the DA and actually NO charges have been filed yet.

Is it overkill to act like these kids are felons? Of course it is, but there will be no felony convictions.
I'm going by the information in the article provided . Do you have some inside info on this particular case?

If it was my house they did that to, I wouldn't care how long they rotted in prison. They should not have done it.
Well. I'd be pretty ticked off if some teenagers tagged my house. Still, I'd insist they clean it off, not rot in prison.

Not me. They have already proven they have no respect for someone else's property, so I wouldn't want them coming back.

And how many of us did stupid things when we were young. Granted, it was wrong and should be addressed. But when drug dealers those in possession of pot are being released and no prison time awaits them, I do not think this rises to the level of jail time. Make them clean it up or paint the building and do community service.

Ok, maybe so. It's just that after having worked in a prison for a long time, I don't trust criminals.

Not me. They have already proven they have no respect for someone else's property, so I wouldn't want them coming back.
I didn't say I'd be inviting the kids over for Sunday dinners. I'm saying graffiti pranksters don't belong in prison. By the way, who did the graffiti on your avi ?

Well. I'd be pretty ticked off if some teenagers tagged my house. Still, I'd insist they clean it off, not rot in prison.

I'd insist they clean the whole exterior, not just the graffiti

They didnt charge them with possession of spray paint dude lol

Maybe the paint on your face is distracting you. If you stop and read, you'll notice nobody said that. dude.

Maybe the paint on your face is distracting you. If you stop and read, you'll notice nobody said that. dude.

You said they have charges over spray paint as if that was the offense

You said they have charges over spray paint as if that was the offense
As if? Hardly. I said they were charged with a felony over spray paint. They were arrested for painting words on a building. Try reading the whole thing over again. Maybe then you'll be able to grasp the obvious message that there is talk of felony over a prank involving paint.

It's not supposed to. It's to send a message that offensive speech will be severely punished.

They do this in North Korea, and other similar places.

Forum List

Back