Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Feingold Criticizes Reid, Declines to Endorse Him as Leader - Roll Call

Feingold Criticizes Reid, Declines to Endorse Him as Leader

Jan. 11, 2010, 8:07 p.m.
By John Stanton
Roll Call Staff

Sen. Russ Feingold (Wis.) became the first Democrat to openly criticize Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s (D-Nev.) use of racially insensitive language and declined to endorse Reid’s continued tenure as Majority Leader.

In an interview with ABC affiliate WISN, Feingold criticized Reid’s characterization of President Barack Obama as “light-skinned” without “Negro dialect.” Feingold called those comments “unfortunate and racially insensitive.”

When asked whether he would call on Reid to step down, Feingold said he was still considering that option. “I’m thinking about that and we’re going to be getting together as a caucus next week and the topic will come up. I have not decided whether these comments merit that or not.

“They’re very unfortunate. They should have never been said. So, I need to think about it,” Feingold said.

Feingold is the only Democrat to criticize Reid, and his comments could severely undercut claims by Reid’s office and other top Democrats that the Majority Leader enjoys the full support of his Conference.

I don't agree with Feingold on much but i do agree with him on this one. Feingold seems to be the only honorable Democrat left in that failed Party. "Negro Dialect?" Yea nothing Racist or insulting about that. Yikes!

Forum List

Back