Feeling Old?

Tom Sweetnam

Platinum Member
Aug 27, 2014
8000' up in the san juan mountain foothills
The new Archaeology Magazine has an article about an archaeological dig at California's Olompoli State Park. The dig involved excavating the site of an old mansion that'd been burned to the ground back in 1969. The place had been a hippy commune. Two of the battered archaeological treasures worthy of half a page in the magazine? A 1961 Judy Garland album and a 1965 Beatles 'Rubber Soul' album. Just think, probably half of us here at USMB are older than what's considered an archaeological treasure these days.

The new Archaeology Magazine has an article about an archaeological dig at California's Olompoli State Park. The dig involved excavating the site of an old mansion that'd been burned to the ground back in 1969. The place had been a hippy commune. Two of the battered archaeological treasures worthy of half a page in the magazine? A 1961 Judy Garland album and a 1965 Beatles 'Rubber Soul' album. Just think, probably half of us here at USMB are older than what's considered an archaeological treasure these days.

And I still think my parents don't understand me. Now I have to go yell at some kids to get off my yard.

Whew! Close call. Wasn't born until 71 :)

Forum List

Back