Feedback please

7 Trillion Dollars = $7,000,000,000,000 times 1% = $70,000,000,000 = 70 Billion Dollars.

7 Trillion Dollars = $7,000,000,000,000 times 0% = $0.00 = Nothing = Zip = Nada = Nothing!

Now, Dufus, what happens if we have the FED buy that 7 Trilllion that we are paying interest on? That is right, we are paying ZERO Interest on 14 Trillion Dollars.

If you are paying ZERO interest how long before you can not afford to make the interest payments when you owe nothing?

Now, if the President orders the FED to destroy all of those bonds, how much money do we owe to the FED? If we owe nothing, do we have to pay it back? The FED got the money out of nowhere and to nowhere the debt can be cast.

Do you not understand Treasury rates? When the Federal Reserve buys treasuries, the government owes them the effective rate of the particular type of treasury bought. I don't know where you're getting this 0% crap from. They're not lending money to the government for free.

And I also don't know where you get this bat shit crazy idea that they would ever cancel any debt.

Neub doesn't realize that the Fed is a private banking cooperative with 1700 member banks, each of whom, by law, receive a 6% annual dividend on their stockholdings in the Federal Reserve.

A fully for profit corporation.

Neub doesn't realize that the Fed is a private banking cooperative with 1700 member banks, each of whom, by law, receive a 6% annual dividend on their stockholdings in the Federal Reserve.

Loose Cannon does not realize that none of that money comes from Bonds and Notes. That interest money minus some expenses is deposited directly into the treasury. Don't take his word for it. Go ask the FED.

I have seen so much misinformation put out by the nincompoops on this board. All they want to do is lie to you and misinform you to try to keep you stupid. Why, I do not know.

It is as if somebody is paying them to keep up this misinformation campaign. Never before have I seen such gross stupidity. Yet, it goes on and on and on and on always advanced by the same clowns.

Loose Cannon does not realize that none of that money comes from Bonds and Notes. That interest money minus some expenses is deposited directly into the treasury. Don't take his word for it. Go ask the FED.

I have seen so much misinformation put out by the nincompoops on this board. All they want to do is lie to you and misinform you to try to keep you stupid. Why, I do not know.

It is as if somebody is paying them to keep up this misinformation campaign. Never before have I seen such gross stupidity. Yet, it goes on and on and on and on always advanced by the same clowns.

Get this through your fat fucking head:

When the Federal Reserve buys treasuries from the government, the government owes the Fed the effective rate along the yield curve like it would ANYONE ELSE it lent money to.

The only one who seems like they're paid to misrepresent info around here is YOU.

7 Trillion Dollars = $7,000,000,000,000 times 1% = $70,000,000,000 = 70 Billion Dollars.

7 Trillion Dollars = $7,000,000,000,000 times 0% = $0.00 = Nothing = Zip = Nada = Nothing!

Now, Dufus, what happens if we have the FED buy that 7 Trilllion that we are paying interest on? That is right, we are paying ZERO Interest on 14 Trillion Dollars.

If you are paying ZERO interest how long before you can not afford to make the interest payments when you owe nothing?

Now, if the President orders the FED to destroy all of those bonds, how much money do we owe to the FED? If we owe nothing, do we have to pay it back? The FED got the money out of nowhere and to nowhere the debt can be cast.

Do you not understand Treasury rates? When the Federal Reserve buys treasuries, the government owes them the effective rate of the particular type of treasury bought. I don't know where you're getting this 0% crap from. They're not lending money to the government for free.

And I also don't know where you get this bat shit crazy idea that they would ever cancel any debt.

Paulie, you are the most grossly stupid sheeet I have ever run across in my life. I have explained to you specifically over a hundred times that the FED takes the interest payment and deposits it directly in the Treasury. You even checked into it and confirmed it and now you are pretending to not know anything about it all over again. If the money goes right back to the United States Government it is free interest.

Free = Zero.

The FED will immediately cancel any debt of the United States if I ask as President. Why do you think it would not do it for any other president? Any FED member who voted to not cancel the debt would be shot within minutes of refusing to do so. I have no problem understanding that. Why do you have such a problem with it? The FED was created to serve the United States Government. As soon as a Fed officer decided that serving the United States was not in his commission, then he would be hunted down and shot for high Treason. Do you think they should be let go if they tried to rip off the people of the United States? Consider, they generate the money out of nowhere to buy the Bonds that the Treasury owns. That debt can also be dispatched to nowhere. Out of nothing, into nothing. For some reason you can not understand the concept. I understand the concept very easily. If the money is imaginary (Out of nowhere) so is the Debt in reality.

With respect to the FED, there is no Interest. There is no Debt, and everything is an illusion.

Get this through your fat fucking head:

When the Federal Reserve buys treasuries from the government, the government owes the Fed the effective rate along the yield curve like it would ANYONE ELSE it lent money to.

The only one who seems like they're paid to misrepresent info around here is YOU.

Damn it Paulie, you are dense! The Federal Government PRETENDS TO OWE the FED the interest and the money stipulated on the Bonds and notes. The reality is that we are under no obligation to repay imaginary money. Out of NOWHERE it originated, and to NOWHERE it shall go.

Why is this so complicated for you to understand? OUT OF NOWHERE TO NOWHERE...... It is a very simple concept. I am going to send you to dog obedience school. When you graduate, I will use hand signals to teach you.

Neubarth, the Fed acts on behalf of its stock holders. The member banks receive dividends from the Fed. There is a profit motive.

They are not going to cancel any debt and screw the stock holders. You are literally insane if you think they ever would.

Just because some "charter" says something that you think is gospel, doesn't mean it is. The government lies, breaks promises, screws taxpayers, etc, ALL THE FUCKING TIME...but somehow you think the Fed is 100% truthful and compliant with everything they claim they do.

The mere fact that you even MENTION such a thing is why you're a fucking whack job.

I seem to see the "intragovernmental holdings" portion of the National debt, where the debt to the Fed resides, continuing to rise.

It's awfully funny how in these most trying times, they aren't cancelling any fucking debt.

What are they waiting for, you fat fuck?

Last edited:
Neubarth, the Fed acts on behalf of its stock holders. The member banks receive dividends from the Fed. There is a profit motive.

They are not going to cancel any debt and screw the stock holders. You are literally insane if you think they ever would.

Just because some "charter" says something that you think is gospel, doesn't mean it is. The government lies, breaks promises, screws taxpayers, etc, ALL THE FUCKING TIME...but somehow you think the Fed is 100% truthful and compliant with everything they claim they do.

The mere fact that you even MENTION such a thing is why you're a fucking whack job.

I seem to see the "intragovernmental holdings" portion of the National debt, where the debt to the Fed resides, continuing to rise.

It's awfully funny how in these most trying times, they aren't cancelling any fucking debt.

I thought all FED profits were going back to the treasury, except for the upkeep costs.

And while I am certainly not yet an expert, I think the Loosecannon's plan falls to the category of: "Trying to create something from nothing".

US already has war on savers, all these plans US punishes the saver. Without saving's economy can't grow.

It is also fraudulent IMO to trying to create demand, when the savings are around only 5%, US citizens often have even negative equity, and the US owes way over 5 trillions overall to outside world. The economy needs to restructure for exporting and saving. That is what the market is trying to tell and that is what needs to be done.

Stimulus and debasing will only wipe out the savings that are left. This really is the philosophy of if you consume now, you cannot invest now. And if you don't invest, there can be no growth. US at the moment needs restructuring of the economy and only way to bring that is to consume less.

Anyway that's my 2c.

I thought all FED profits were going back to the treasury, except for the upkeep costs.
Yes, after dividends are paid to member bank shareholders.

Neubarth doesn't seem to be able to provide any incentive AT ALL on the Fed's part, to cancel any debt.

Yes, after dividends are paid to member bank shareholders.

After a 6% annual dividend is paid to the stockholders.

That may not seem like a big return by 1998 standards but for the bulk of the Fed's history getting a guaranteed 6% annual ROI was HUGE! And with the Fed lending at near zero interest rates how much Fed Revenue could be left over after paying a 6% dividend?

First of all you didn't even respond to what I posted, you just burst off onto a wild tangent.

But if you think that the Fed isn't charging us interest on the debt and doesn't require repayment of our debt then by all means please link to some authoritative source that can verify your fantasy.

Thanks.

BTW, why the hell would the Fed "PRETEND" to be charging us interest on "make believe" money?

Are they all living in the rabbit hole?

First of all you didn't even respond to what I posted, you just burst off onto a wild tangent.

But if you think that the Fed isn't charging us interest on the debt and doesn't require repayment of our debt then by all means please link to some authoritative source that can verify your fantasy.

Thanks.

BTW, why the hell would the Fed "PRETEND" to be charging us interest on "make believe" money?

Are they all living in the rabbit hole?

They charge the interest rates - just the profits are going right back to government, so it doesn't really matter. But I had no idea that fed had private investors... isn't that a bit crazy really? The point is that that that the fed actually enables the govt to get cheaper/more debt, aka. boost dollar. That is because the FED can buy treasuries at higher prices than the investors when it actually buys the debt, so it appears as if they were worth more, if it bought at 0% interest it would be obvious.

Anyway the FED is part of the government, but it is private institution in that sense the government can't rule it - but that is really as far as it goes. It's more like "independent" part of government. I do like to see a confirmation on fed having private investors, as that is very hard to believe. The FED is independent because US is republic and not democracy, so government is not supposed to have the powers of printing press - but that hasn't worked out too well. Also the government appoints the chairmans of the fed, however there are certain rules they must follow. But that is a sham too as no one is prosecuting them no matter what they do - so yes it can be used as printing press at least nowdays that the republic has turned more into a democracy.

Last edited:
Federal Reserve Act
Section 7. Division of Earnings
Dividends and Surplus Fund of Reserve Banks
(a)

1. After all necessary expenses of a Federal reserve bank have been paid or provided for, the stockholders of the bank shall be entitled to receive an annual dividend of 6 percent on paid-in capital stock.
2. The entitlement to dividends under subparagraph (A) shall be cumulative.
2. That portion of net earnings of each Federal reserve bank which remains after dividend claims under subparagraph (1)(A) have been fully met shall be deposited in the surplus fund of the bank.

(b) Transfer for fiscal year 2000.
1. The Federal reserve banks shall transfer from the surplus funds of such banks to the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System for transfer to the Secretary of the Treasury for deposit in the general fund of the Treasury, a total amount of $3,752,000,000 in fiscal year 2000.
2. Of the total amount required to be paid by the Federal reserve banks under paragraph (1) for fiscal year 2000, the Board shall determine the amount each such bank shall pay in such fiscal year.
3. During fiscal year 2000, no Federal reserve bank may replenish such bank's surplus fund by the amount of any transfer by such bank under paragraph (1).

[12 USC 289. As amended by acts of March 3, 1919 (40 Stat. 1314); June 16, 1933 (48 Stat. 163); Aug. 10, 1993 (107 Stat. 337); Sept. 23, 1994 (108 Stat. 2291); and Nov. 29, 1999 (113 Stat. 1501A-304), which added this subsection (b) but failed to redesignate existing subsection (b) (12 USC 290).]

FRB: Federal Reserve Act: Section 7

Direct from the mouth of the Federal Reserve itself

The fed's PDF won't open so I have to rely on wiki:

According to the Board of Governors, the Federal Reserve is independent within government because "its decisions do not have to be ratified by the President or anyone else in the executive or legislative branch of government." However, its authority is derived from the U.S. Congress and is subject to congressional oversight. Additionally, the members of the Board of Governors, including its chairman and vice-chairman, are chosen by the President and confirmed by Congress. The government also exercises some control over the Federal Reserve by appointing and setting the salaries of the system's highest-level employees. Thus the Federal Reserve has both private and public aspects.[11] The U.S. Government receives all of the system's annual profits, after a statutory dividend of 6% on member banks' capital investment is paid, and an account surplus is maintained. The Federal Reserve transferred a record amount of $45 billion to the U.S. Treasury in 2009.

and factcheck:
Q:

Who owns the Federal Reserve Bank?
A:

There are actually 12 different Federal Reserve Banks around the country, and they are owned by big private banks. But the banks don't necessarily run the show. Nationally, the Federal Reserve System is led by a Board of Governors whose seven members are appointed by the president and confirmed by the Senate.
The stockholders in the 12 regional Federal Reserve Banks are the privately owned banks that fall under the Federal Reserve System. These include all national banks (chartered by the federal government) and those state-chartered banks that wish to join and meet certain requirements. About 38 percent of the nation's more than 8,000 banks are members of the system, and thus own the Fed banks.

The concept of "ownership" needs some explaining here, however. The member banks must by law invest 3 percent of their capital as stock in the Reserve Banks, and they cannot sell or trade their stock or even use that stock as collateral to borrow money. They do receive dividends of 6 percent per year from the Reserve Banks and get to elect each Reserve Bank's board of directors.

The private banks also have a voice in regulating the nation's money supply and setting targets for short-term interest rates, but it's a minority voice. Those decisions are made by the Federal Open Market Committee, which has a dozen voting members, only five of whom come from the banks. The remaining seven, a voting majority, are the Fed's Board of Governors who, as mentioned, are appointed by the president.

The Fed is a little defensive about the question of ownership. In its Frequently Asked Questions section, the Federal Reserve Board says: "The Federal Reserve System is not 'owned' by anyone and is not a private, profit-making institution. Instead, it is an independent entity within the government, having both public purposes and private aspects." It continues:

Federal Reserve Board: As the nation's central bank, the Federal Reserve derives its authority from the U.S. Congress. It is considered an independent central bank because its decisions do not have to be ratified by the President or anyone else in the executive or legislative branch of government, it does not receive funding appropriated by Congress, and the terms of the members of the Board of Governors span multiple presidential and congressional terms. However, the Federal Reserve is subject to oversight by Congress, which periodically reviews its activities and can alter its responsibilities by statute. Also, the Federal Reserve must work within the framework of the overall objectives of economic and financial policy established by the government. Therefore, the Federal Reserve can be more accurately described as "independent within the government."

The twelve regional Federal Reserve Banks, which were established by Congress as the operating arms of the nation's central banking system, are organized much like private corporations--possibly leading to some confusion about "ownership." For example, the Reserve Banks issue shares of stock to member banks. However, owning Reserve Bank stock is quite different from owning stock in a private company. The Reserve Banks are not operated for profit, and ownership of a certain amount of stock is, by law, a condition of membership in the System. The stock may not be sold, traded, or pledged as security for a loan; dividends are, by law, 6 percent per year.

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/who_owns_the_federal_reserve_bank.html

The Fed is the fourth failed attempt at a central bank in the US if you count the comptroller of the Currrency's powers during the Civil War. The Fed will be gone by 2030.

The Fed is the fourth failed attempt at a central bank in the US if you count the comptroller of the Currrency's powers during the Civil War. The Fed will be gone by 2030.

Somebody famous predicted as much within the last few days... Federal Reserve 'Will Be Gone' In 25 Years, Top Financial Mind Predicts, Despite Geithner's Vote Of Confidence

I would read this guy a lot more often if I could remember his damned name. He has three names and none are recognizable as names.

BTW were the first three federal banks really failures or did the British corporations just say that?

Somebody famous predicted as much within the last few days... Federal Reserve 'Will Be Gone' In 25 Years, Top Financial Mind Predicts, Despite Geithner's Vote Of Confidence

I would read this guy a lot more often if I could remember his damned name. He has three names and none are recognizable as names.

BTW were the first three federal banks really failures or did the British corporations just say that?
No they led to ruinous land, transport and communications bubbles, sound familiar? While British capital got burned by those stunts the banking and land law insanity was American made via central banking. This time the Fed is going to get spanked by the courts as I already mentioned in the foreclosures thread and it is quite likely that some to many of the actions of the Fed prior to and during TARP will be declared either unconstitutional or criminal with maybe both as a long shot.

I'd ask for a link but only if you feel up to it.

I kinda consider the true national bank as the only best option.

I'd ask for a link but only if you feel up to it.

I kinda consider the true national bank as the only best option.
Well since the information came from a wide variety of books I would advise checking out the works of Niall Ferguson as a first step, with P. L. Bernstein and James Grant as follow up. But here is a quick summary from high school history.

The first bank of the United States financed not just the Louisiana Purchase but also bankrolled Astor's American Fur Company in his rapid expansion to Astoria and his purchase of huge hunks of what is now NYC. Astoria on the Pacific coast was captured by the NorthWest Company in the war of 1812 as a sideshow in a fur war that was fought up until 1845 and claims of Canadian (actually Hudson Bay Company) interference with US internal affairs up until the 1890s and the Wounded Knee massacre.

The second bank financed canals that connected Pittsburgh to the Great Lakes and Chicago to the Mississippi. (Not the current canal I don't believe but I could be wrong.) That set off a huge land boom that nearly destroyed New England as a financial capital.

The comptroller helped finance the transcontinental railroad by the expedient of distributing Credite Mobilier stock to just about everyone in congress. That screwed the country out of billions and in 2010 dollars probably trillions of dollars.

OK, so there was corruption and each bank was disincorporated at 20 year intervals in keeping with corporate norms of the time.

But all in all were national banks successes or failures as you asserted? The question is highly significant. China operates under a federal banking system with private branches, and our private system has wreaked far more harm than good upon us.

Just for a start it foist upon us our national debt and debt service. While depriving the federal government of all the profits that fractional reserve banking secures for the private sector.

Forum List

Back