Feds Can't Enforce Net Neutrality

Did you even read the article I linked?

Never mind, the answer is obvious.

I read it but I actually doubt you read it because I have a real hard time believing a corporate shill such as yourself would ever support a government supported option.

Do I support government regulations that limit the power of government to fuck up my life? In an ideal world, we wouldn't need them, but as long as there are people like you around, they are mandatory.

And how does Net Neutrality fuck up your life?

I enjoy hearing your incoherent ramblings as if you want me to believe you have any clue you know what you're talking about.

Do you have any idea why it works that way.

Hint, think government.

In aware that government created this mess by creating the monopolies we have today. Killing net neutrality is not going to make the situation better,

You need to get your head wrapped around a simple fact, net neutralist cannot be killed because )a it doesn't actually exist and b) the internet is designed to self correct whenever there is a problem that causes traffic to slowdown. The latter is why the tech savvy people went crazy when Congress tried to pass SOPA, and everyone was saying that they wanted to break the internet.

That said, if I want to pay more to ensure I can watch a movie, what fucking gives you the right to say I can't do that?

That's it, show your true colors. You're a corporate whore and aren't ashamed of it.

The business has the freedom to run their network the way they please.. just as you have the freedom to choose who you do business with

Not when there is a monopoly I don't.

You can't use your cookie cutter responses on this one. Try and read up on the issue.

Let's put it this way. In what way will consumers benefit from removing Net Neutrality?

None and that is why I dont understand why they are arguing against themselves

Because they've been told that government anything = bad. They are just parroting what they're corporate overlords have told them to think.

i like the internet the way its set up now.

That means you like it without the net neutrality regulations you claim it needs, yet you still want the government to fix it.

On top of that, you think I am stupid because I am pointing this out to you.

Oh ok, its clear you have no idea what this is about. Net Neutrality is keeping the internet as it is now. The change we are talking about is if the corporations defeat net neutrality.

To put it simply....You like the Internet now? Thats because of Net Neutrality. You want it to change? Then you are anti-Net Neutrality.

I think you are thinking that since Obama wants it, it must be bad. Without any information you are arguing against what you currently liike.

No it is not.

Net neutrality is the ideal that broadband providers and content providers are separate entities. The real world internet, the one we have today, does not work that way, and that is why the FCC keeps hitting a wall when it tries to regulate net neutrality.

I am going to post this again because all the idiots seem to think they have the answers when they don't even know what the problem is. Under current law companies are classified as either telecommunication services, which transmit data, or information services, which process data. In 2002 the Bush administration sided with ISPs and ruled that, since they provided email and web pages, they were information services, not telecommunication services.

Scalia, in his indomitable style, thought that was no different than ruling that, because a pet store gave every customer who bought a dog a leash, that proves that they don't sell pets, they sell leashes.

To enforce net neutrality, the FCC has to decide that Verizon is a common carrier - Businessweek

That is the internet we have to day, the one you claim you want, yet are fighting against by arguing for something that won't fix the problem. The FCC has to reclassify anyone that provides telecommunications access as a telecommunications provider, even if they throw in a free email account. That would, in one stroke, end your drooling insistence that you want the internet we have today, and actually proves that you don't want the internet we have today.

But, please, I am begging you, tell me again that I don't understand the issue.

That means you like it without the net neutrality regulations you claim it needs, yet you still want the government to fix it.

Oh ok, its clear you have no idea what this is about. Net Neutrality is keeping the internet as it is now. The change we are talking about is if the corporations defeat net neutrality.

To put it simply....You like the Internet now? Thats because of Net Neutrality. You want it to change? Then you are anti-Net Neutrality.

I think you are thinking that since Obama wants it, it must be bad. Without any information you are arguing against what you currently liike.

Of course thats what this is. These idiots have no clue what this topic is about. Even the ones that pretend to "work in the industry". Dave works a help desk and now he thinks he's an expert, but his corporate colors come shining through.

I have offered two different solutions, one simple, but politically poisonous, and one complicated, but politically palatable, and you keep crying about how, because I refuse to fall into the delusional belief that you have all the answers, I don't know what I am talking about.

Do you have any idea why it works that way.

Hint, think government.

In aware that government created this mess by creating the monopolies we have today. Killing net neutrality is not going to make the situation better,

You need to get your head wrapped around a simple fact, net neutralist cannot be killed because )a it doesn't actually exist and b) the internet is designed to self correct whenever there is a problem that causes traffic to slowdown. The latter is why the tech savvy people went crazy when Congress tried to pass SOPA, and everyone was saying that they wanted to break the internet.

That said, if I want to pay more to ensure I can watch a movie, what fucking gives you the right to say I can't do that?

Then write them a check. No one is stopping you from paying more on your own. I have a problem with you wanting everyone else to pay more and arguing to give corporations more ways to fuck our collective asses.

If you dont mind ass fucking thats your prerogative but once you start telling me why I should welcome an ass fucking now we have a problem

As I said earlier, NO ONE can be in favor of removing Net Neutrality for any other reason than they feel that the major ISPs should be able to make as much money as possible, even at the expense at the higher costs for consumers and small business. It's a win ONLY for select big business, and no one else.

Why the fuck do you keep talking like an idiot? Net neutrality, as you want it, does not exist in the United States, so it cannot be removed. The only possible way to change the situation is to add it, yet you keep blathering about not wanting to change the way things are.

Don't worry though, I don't understand the issues because, they are literally impossible to understand for anyone that is rational.

i like the internet the way its set up now.

Why are you lying?

What am I lying about?

In order to have net neutrality the FCC needs to treat ISPs as common carriers, but they insist that they are actually information services. Obama could fix that with the stroke of a pen, yet he doesn't, he keeps arguing that, even thought they aren't carriers, they still can be treated as a carrier. You shouls ask yourself, and him, why.

Did you even read the article I linked?

Never mind, the answer is obvious.

I read it but I actually doubt you read it because I have a real hard time believing a corporate shill such as yourself would ever support a government supported option.

Do I support government regulations that limit the power of government to fuck up my life? In an ideal world, we wouldn't need them, but as long as there are people like you around, they are mandatory.

in an ideal world Free market would work correctly and people wouldnt "eat themselves", yet you want to blame government..you are a moron.

As I said earlier, NO ONE can be in favor of removing Net Neutrality for any other reason than they feel that the major ISPs should be able to make as much money as possible, even at the expense at the higher costs for consumers and small business. It's a win ONLY for select big business, and no one else.

Why the fuck do you keep talking like an idiot? Net neutrality, as you want it, does not exist in the United States, so it cannot be removed. The only possible way to change the situation is to add it, yet you keep blathering about not wanting to change the way things are.

Don't worry though, I don't understand the issues because, they are literally impossible to understand for anyone that is rational.

Bolded:

So what you're saying is that what everyone sees currently is not reality? The current internet is not real and therefore cannot be continued?

Which did you take? The red or blue pill

so you are against a free flowing internet...Got it.

It is not the government's internet, nor is it the possession of the public as a whole.. the transmission lines, gateways, peering points, etc are the possession of the companies...

its a mix, public roads etc, state, local etc.

No.. it is not.. the pipes (as we call them) are owned by the companies... they are not public domain, nor should they be

The business has the freedom to run their network the way they please.. just as you have the freedom to choose who you do business with

You can't use your cookie cutter responses on this one. Try and read up on the issue.

Let's put it this way. In what way will consumers benefit from removing Net Neutrality?

There is no monopoly.. and the government does not exist to give you a better net experience on privately owned networks and equipment

you keep thinking this when your net is slowed down to crawl.
Lose of business are you kidding me? when every ISP is doing it you will have no choice if you want to get on the internet.

I knew you guys would defend this because the dirty "regulation" word is being used. You people are as just as dangerous as these ISP providers.

And THIS shows your cluelessness to the ISP business

Every ISP is not going to do it.. money and customers are the motivation

and BTW, this IS my business

and if comcast can direct where we go because certain sites run faster than others they will.
This is one of these issues where people just need to leave things alone as is.

As is lets Comcast do exactly that, but you want the government to fix it, but sill leave it alone.

I might be crazy, but at least I make sense.

There is no monopoly.. and the government does not exist to give you a better net experience on privately owned networks and equipment
whats the benefit again?

And how does Net Neutrality fuck up your life?

I enjoy hearing your incoherent ramblings as if you want me to believe you have any clue you know what you're talking about.

Where did you leave your brain, asshole?

What fucks up my life is the fact that the government can give companies monopolies.

That's it, show your true colors. You're a corporate whore and aren't ashamed of it.

I am a corporate whore because I point out a simple rule change that would make every big ISP obsolete.

whats the benefit again?

You don't get government intervention into private business because you want some particular benefit from it.. sorry

The benefit.. private property rights.. something very important in a free society

There is literally no one more full of themselves and absolutely clueless at the same time on subject after subject than you are.

I'll ask two simple questions. You can answer whichever one, or both, that you want.

1) How will consumers benefit by removing Net Neutrality?

2) What did you not like about the way the net was structured and operated before last week from a consumer perspective?

Then write them a check. No one is stopping you from paying more on your own. I have a problem with you wanting everyone else to pay more and arguing to give corporations more ways to fuck our collective asses.

If you dont mind ass fucking thats your prerogative but once you start telling me why I should welcome an ass fucking now we have a problem

By arguing that everyone be treated the same, you are the one that wants people to pay more.

in an ideal world Free market would work correctly and people wouldnt "eat themselves", yet you want to blame government..you are a moron.

That doesn't even make sense.

Then again, it was posted by a guy that is arguing for the status quo he claims to hate.

Forum List

Back