Federal judge considers contempt charge against D.C. over gun laws

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Attorney Alan Gura, who is representing four gun owners in the 2009 Palmer v. District case, argued that, despite passing new laws that allow for concealed carry, the District has not lived up to its court-ordered obligation because the plaintiffs he is representing are still unable to obtain gun-carry permits under the city’s strict regulations.

“There is no way in the world my clients can obtain a license to carry a gun,” Mr. Gura said in court Thursday, noting that they are unable to prove they are under a specific threat as required by the regulations.

Federal judge considers contempt charge against D.C. over gun laws - Washington Times

Apparently the oppressive gun grabbers who spit on our civil rights are going to have to be dragged kicking and screaming into compliance.

Judge Scullin overturned the city’s ban on carrying of firearms in public in July. The judge, who normally works out of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York, took the case amid a backlog in the District after the judge to whom it was originally assigned retired.

The D.C. Council adopted emergency legislation in response to the ruling in September that outlined new regulations for obtaining a concealed carry permit — including 18 hours of firearms training and the requirement that applicants demonstrate a special need for self-protection.

Last I checked it was called the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs.

Forum List

Back