Fed Ex installs largest rooftop solar array

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
FedEx Corp. (FDX) announced plans to install the largest rooftop solar- electricity system in the U.S. as the company announced the latest project with BP PLC's (BP) solar operations.

The project, to be located over 3.3 acres on a Woodbridge, N.J., FedEx Ground distribution center, could provide up to 30% of the property's annual energy needs and generate 2.6 million kilowatt-hours of electricity. That's equivalent to about 250 homes.

BP will install and operate the system while FedEx will pay for the generated power. Installation is slated to begin next month and be completed by November.

BP installed two other rooftop projects on FedEx Freight facilities last year, in California. The oil giant has been increasingly pushing into alternative energy, like other industry giants, to diversify away from crude.

FedEx To Have Nation's Largest Rooftop Solar Project

FedEx Corp. (FDX) announced plans to install the largest rooftop solar- electricity system in the U.S. as the company announced the latest project with BP PLC's (BP) solar operations.

The project, to be located over 3.3 acres on a Woodbridge, N.J., FedEx Ground distribution center, could provide up to 30% of the property's annual energy needs and generate 2.6 million kilowatt-hours of electricity. That's equivalent to about 250 homes.

BP will install and operate the system while FedEx will pay for the generated power. Installation is slated to begin next month and be completed by November.

BP installed two other rooftop projects on FedEx Freight facilities last year, in California. The oil giant has been increasingly pushing into alternative energy, like other industry giants, to diversify away from crude.

FEDEX RULES

Sorry i don't know what else to say but that. I love solar power.

FEDEX RULES

Sorry i don't know what else to say but that. I love solar power.

Ok, did you look at this;

Beaverton firm will produce cheaper quantum dots - OregonLive.com

Once carbon nanotubes are perfected, we will be able to produce solar cells with incredible efficiency.

It will solve the energy crisis.

Once carbon nanotubes are perfected, we will be able to produce solar cells with incredible efficiency.

It will solve the energy crisis.

So, we have to fucking wait until after we destroy ourselves for this miracle?

I wrote my business ethics thesis on solar power. That was in the mid 90's but it is still relevant. I know i got it saved somewhere i'll find the floppy disc and post some stuff from it.

No, I have not. But the description looks doable. I have seen several sites, and have an instruction manual on how to build my own solar panels. The primary cost is still the cells. One really needs a installation of 2 kw or better, and a grid parrallel inverter to integrate it with the grid. You are still going to be out some cash. However, you should be able to recover that in savings in five years of less, considerably less, if one has an electric car, or a plug in hybrid.

I was looking into solar panels and found this. Anyone ever done this/made these? If cap n tax passes, will this be the next 'it' business?

Solar Wind Kit.org

Actually, it's one of the thousand scams online.

That was my first thought as well. If it's too good to be true . . .

I think solar panels might be a good idea especially if cap n tax passes. Cause I have no idea how we'll afford our electric bill if costs rise like they say.

I was looking into solar panels and found this. Anyone ever done this/made these? If cap n tax passes, will this be the next 'it' business?

Solar Wind Kit.org

I think solar panels might be a good idea especially if cap n tax passes. Cause I have no idea how we'll afford our electric bill if costs rise like they say.

You can make solar energy pretty easily, though it won't be able to power your whole house unless you don't want a yard to. The cap and tax is just a scam, the government knows we will always need the electricity so they pass this to force us to pay them money, under the "feel good" guise of protecting the planet.

You can make solar energy pretty easily, though it won't be able to power your whole house unless you don't want a yard to. The cap and tax is just a scam, the government knows we will always need the electricity so they pass this to force us to pay them money, under the "feel good" guise of protecting the planet.

Of course cap n tax is a scam. Is there anyone who thinks it isn't? I was just thinking of how our household could offset the cost of our monthly bills if prices skyrocket.

Of course cap n tax is a scam. Is there anyone who thinks it isn't? I was just thinking of how our household could offset the cost of our monthly bills if prices skyrocket.

Portable generators would be my recommendation, you can get ones that run on alcohol I believe for personal use.

Portable generators would be my recommendation, you can get ones that run on alcohol I believe for personal use.

Good idea. Thanks.

Forum List

Back