Fearandloathing is in the building

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Fearandloathing, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Fearandloathing

Fearandloathing Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    As a dual US/Canada citizen living in Vancouver, I am considered conservative and voted that way in the last election here. I am neither conservative nor liberal, though. I am fiscally conservative, tend to favor the right, am Christian but I support gay marriage and a woman's right to chose as ultimately it is the individual who will have to face God on our choices. I believe in universal medical care; we have had state run education for 200 years, why not health care?

I declare myself to be a libertarian and after reporting on governments for 25 years am absolutely convinced that no government can ever be too small.

I am intolerant of ignorance, incompetence and pettiness which probably should make you wonder how and why I am on internet forums.

I am a recovered alcoholic; I got clean and sober a little more than 20 years ago. I finally managed to quit smoking 20 months ago and am now dealing with the weight issue. It seems my youth was all about accumulating and in my older years it is all about losing.

There are few thing in this world I detest, however the top of that list is any form of extremism within which I include racism , religious bigotry, and any form of generalization of human beings. We should re-institute capital punishment for serial killers, terrorists and child molesters.

I figure anyone who thinks they are right all the time is usually wrong and anyone who still votes for the same party they supported 20 years ago isn't worth talking to, at least about politics.

I support Stephen Harper's government but have threatened not to vote for him over his party's plans for revisions in copyright legislation. I would not vote for Obama for less than $2 million; you may recall I mentioned I am intolerant of incompetence and extreemism.

and yes, my vote can be bought, I just like to think my price tag is higher than most people's.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  2. Sunshine

Sunshine Trust the pie. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,045
    You sound like a real delight! :rolleyes:

3. grampamurdoc

grampamurdoc Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Wow, there is a lot of issues here. Let's start with gay marriage. Why is it so important for them to be classified into the marriage category? Why isn't an civil union good enough? If you go to the first marriage and the reason for it. And their reason isn't the same. I don't care what people do with their personal life, but when they force their life on others by trying to infringe on other peoples beliefs it is wrong.

Next is the woman's right to choose. You say you are a Christian, so do you believe in what the bible says. The bible states that "I knew you before you entered the womb." So if you truly believe in the bible you would know that life begins even before conception.

Next is your comparison of the educational system, to universal health care. Well the educational system is broke and has been for a long time. So that is a bad comparison, when unions dictate who and what are taught to our children we have a problem.

On death penalties well I agree, with you on that one. Especially when it comes to child abuse, if a child is abused, or a woman is raped it effects them for their whole life. And the death penalty should be used.

My vote can't be bought, ever, I love the freedoms that our forefathers have fought and died for. And the price for those lives, no one could ever come up with the value of those lives.

4. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    fuck off

edit: fuck off, eh?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  5. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    You're a libertarian who believes that government can't be too small, but you support universal state run health care along with state run education? There's a disconnect in there somewhere.

6. grampamurdoc

grampamurdoc Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    That is a oxymoron isn't it.

7. NLT

NLT Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,859
    Well maybe just a moron.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    Welcome to USMB, fearandloathing. Hope you like it here.

9. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,942
    How many ID's does Jake Starkey actually have?

10. Ancient lion

Ancient lion Thank your creator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +125
    Welcome :)