Fearandloathing is in the building

Feb 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
As a dual US/Canada citizen living in Vancouver, I am considered conservative and voted that way in the last election here. I am neither conservative nor liberal, though. I am fiscally conservative, tend to favor the right, am Christian but I support gay marriage and a woman's right to chose as ultimately it is the individual who will have to face God on our choices. I believe in universal medical care; we have had state run education for 200 years, why not health care?

I declare myself to be a libertarian and after reporting on governments for 25 years am absolutely convinced that no government can ever be too small.

I am intolerant of ignorance, incompetence and pettiness which probably should make you wonder how and why I am on internet forums.

I am a recovered alcoholic; I got clean and sober a little more than 20 years ago. I finally managed to quit smoking 20 months ago and am now dealing with the weight issue. It seems my youth was all about accumulating and in my older years it is all about losing.

There are few thing in this world I detest, however the top of that list is any form of extremism within which I include racism , religious bigotry, and any form of generalization of human beings. We should re-institute capital punishment for serial killers, terrorists and child molesters.

I figure anyone who thinks they are right all the time is usually wrong and anyone who still votes for the same party they supported 20 years ago isn't worth talking to, at least about politics.

I support Stephen Harper's government but have threatened not to vote for him over his party's plans for revisions in copyright legislation. I would not vote for Obama for less than $2 million; you may recall I mentioned I am intolerant of incompetence and extreemism.

and yes, my vote can be bought, I just like to think my price tag is higher than most people's.

Last edited:
I was invited here, which that member may one day regret.

I am a dual citizen living in Vancouver.

I am a former political journalist of some 25 years and I live and breathe politics.

Looking forward to some stimulating debates...

You sound like a real delight! :rolleyes:

As a dual US/Canada citizen living in Vancouver, I am considered conservative and voted that way in the last election here. I am neither conservative nor liberal, though. I am fiscally conservative, tend to favor the right, am Christian but I support gay marriage and a woman's right to chose as ultimately it is the individual who will have to face God on our choices. I believe in universal medical care; we have had state run education for 200 years, why not health care?

I declare myself to be a libertarian and after reporting on governments for 25 years am absolutely convinced that no government can ever be too small.

I am intolerant of ignorance, incompetence and pettiness which probably should make you wonder how and why I am on internet forums.

I am a recovered alcoholic; I got clean and sober a little more than 20 years ago. I finally managed to quit smoking 20 months ago and am now dealing with the weight issue. It seems my youth was all about accumulating and in my older years it is all about losing.

There are few thing in this world I detest, however the top of that list is any form of extremism within which I include racism , religious bigotry, and any form of generalization of human beings. We should re-institute capital punishment for serial killers, terrorists and child molesters.

I figure anyone who thinks they are right all the time is usually wrong and anyone who still votes for the same party they supported 20 years ago isn't worth talking to, at least about politics.

I support Stephen Harper's government but have threatened not to vote for him over his party's plans for revisions in copyright legislation. I would not vote for Obama for less than $2 million; you may recall I mentioned I am intolerant of incompetence and extreemism.

and yes, my vote can be bought, I just like to think my price tag is higher than most people's.

Wow, there is a lot of issues here. Let's start with gay marriage. Why is it so important for them to be classified into the marriage category? Why isn't an civil union good enough? If you go to the first marriage and the reason for it. And their reason isn't the same. I don't care what people do with their personal life, but when they force their life on others by trying to infringe on other peoples beliefs it is wrong.

Next is the woman's right to choose. You say you are a Christian, so do you believe in what the bible says. The bible states that "I knew you before you entered the womb." So if you truly believe in the bible you would know that life begins even before conception.

Next is your comparison of the educational system, to universal health care. Well the educational system is broke and has been for a long time. So that is a bad comparison, when unions dictate who and what are taught to our children we have a problem.

On death penalties well I agree, with you on that one. Especially when it comes to child abuse, if a child is abused, or a woman is raped it effects them for their whole life. And the death penalty should be used.

My vote can't be bought, ever, I love the freedoms that our forefathers have fought and died for. And the price for those lives, no one could ever come up with the value of those lives.

Last edited:

You're a libertarian who believes that government can't be too small, but you support universal state run health care along with state run education? There's a disconnect in there somewhere.

You're a libertarian who believes that government can't be too small, but you support universal state run health care along with state run education? There's a disconnect in there somewhere.

That is a oxymoron isn't it.

That is a oxymoron isn't it.

Well maybe just a moron.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Welcome to USMB, fearandloathing. Hope you like it here.

Who gives a fuck?

Welcome!

CanadaFlagSunset.jpg

It's good to have another Canadian here!

I used to live in the West End, just off the Burrard Bridge. My parents are on the Island. You live in the nicest city in the world. The most insanely priced too.

Wow, there is a lot of issues here. Let's start with gay marriage. Why is it so important for them to be classified into the marriage category? Why isn't an civil union good enough? If you go to the first marriage and the reason for it. And their reason isn't the same. I don't care what people do with their personal life, but when they force their life on others by trying to infringe on other peoples beliefs it is wrong.

Next is the woman's right to choose. You say you are a Christian, so do you believe in what the bible says. The bible states that "I knew you before you entered the womb." So if you truly believe in the bible you would know that life begins even before conception.

Next is your comparison of the educational system, to universal health care. Well the educational system is broke and has been for a long time. So that is a bad comparison, when unions dictate who and what are taught to our children we have a problem.

On death penalties well I agree, with you on that one. Especially when it comes to child abuse, if a child is abused, or a woman is raped it effects them for their whole life. And the death penalty should be used.

My vote can't be bought, ever, I love the freedoms that our forefathers have fought and died for. And the price for those lives, no one could ever come up with the value of those lives.

Wow, you know there has to be some seriously bigoted hot heads when an introduction thread starts a hostile debate.

Nope, I do not believe ever word of the bible is mandatory law....as no Christian does or they would have to burn down their homes if they got mildew [Leviticus] and just because the misoginist Paul hated woman I don't believe they are chattel either. Even with that I also believe the over all thrust of what Jesus himself taut and that is I have no right under HIS laws to FORCE my beliefs on anyone....Shake you sandals.

Ever wondered why the US Educational system is broke? Find that out before you dump on a comparison...and why they aren't broke in other countries? I agree that when unions dictate what it taught we have a problem but is that because they are so powerful or because parents abandoned that roll 30 years ago? I sure as FUCK do not support the fascist concept of forcing people to purchase for-profit medical coverage from multinational corporations.

And your vote is bought every four years....with lies, and promises that are never kept and by being convinced of blind ideology.

In closing I suggest you get a sense of humor.

Ta Da!

Who gives a fuck?

Well parsed and even properly punctuated. Well done.

Please let us know when your IQ gets into the double digits.

Forum List

Back