FDA steals elderberry juice

At the request of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, U.S Marshals seized elderberry juice products that have been distributed by Wyldewood Cellars Inc., based in Peck, Kan., because the products are unapproved and misbranded drugs.

FDA seizes elderberry juice concentrate at Kansas company

Steals? So, now we can't be warned about snake oil? If that's a libertarian position, it's prima facie evidence for why they should never be allowed to rule.

Steals? So, now we can't be warned about snake oil? If that's a libertarian position, it's prima facie evidence for why they should never be allowed to rule.

Sending jack booted storm troopers in to seize private property is not "warning" anyone of anything.

I love the way liberals redefine words to mean whatever they want them to mean.

Sending jack booted storm troopers in to seize private property is not "warning" anyone of anything.

"Jack booted storm troopers" :rolleyes:

The complaint:
According to the FDA’s complaint, Wyldewood Cellars makes claims in violation of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) that its elderberry juice concentrate cures, treats, or prevents various disease conditions, including AIDS, diabetes and flu. The complaint was filed on May 27, 2011, in the U.S. District Court of Kansas.
From Wyldwood Cellars own website:
However, the FDA has complained that the labeling and advertising of Wyldewood Cellars Juice Concentrate does not meet federal guidelines for this product. We are immediately addressing the FDA's concerns by:

• Revising all our advertising efforts to comply with FDA regulations

• Changing the labels on all juice concentrate packages to conform with FDA-required wording

• Meeting with FDA consultants to review and affirm our compliance efforts

We anticipate this process will go smoothly and expect to be in full FDA compliance very soon.

Elderberry concentrate won't cure AIDS.

Wyldwood Cellars admits they are in the wrong.

No jackboots were worn during the implementation of this court ordered seizure.

"The FDA previously issued a warning letter to Wyldewood Cellars for violating the FFDCA by promoting and distributing its products as drugs. The company responded to the warning letter promising to remove all such claims from its websites. The FDA discovered during subsequent inspections that the company continues to make such claims."
Damn jackboot stormtroopers!!! How DARE they...write...warning...letters...

Opps. :lol:

Last edited:

I love the way you'll lie at every opportunity to make your point.

Question for the board: Does use of the words "storm troopers" invoke Godwin's Law? :confused:

"The FDA previously issued a warning letter to Wyldewood Cellars for violating the FFDCA by promoting and distributing its products as drugs. The company responded to the warning letter promising to remove all such claims from its websites. The FDA discovered during subsequent inspections that the company continues to make such claims."

Do you deny the letters may have included pictures of jack booted storm troopers?!?!

:lol:

At the request of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, U.S Marshals seized elderberry juice products that have been distributed by Wyldewood Cellars Inc., based in Peck, Kan., because the products are unapproved and misbranded drugs.

FDA seizes elderberry juice concentrate at Kansas company

Warning is issuing a press release that a product may not do what the label says it does. Sending US Marshall's to take private property without a warrant is stealing.

lol

:clap2: to Darth Vader WHOOPS I mean the FDA. :cool: It is sad that we need an organization like this to protect us (the general public) from ourselves. If only people behaved and only made claims about their products that they could actually back up with facts and evidence.

fda has driven foodies underground...looking for raw milk....both cow and goats....looking for cheeses etc...i will never understand why the fda feels the need to stop small farmers

Do I suspect that the FDA is sometimes corrupt?

Hell yes!

Do I think we need an FDA?

Hell yes!

It is illegal to market a food product as a drug.

And marketing a food product as a cure for AIDS is worse than illegal, it is just plain vile.

fda has driven foodies underground...looking for raw milk....both cow and goats....looking for cheeses etc...i will never understand why the fda feels the need to stop small farmers

I have no idea what you're talking about but it all sounds pretty melodramatic. PS what is a "foodie?"

Elderberries have a history as medicine that goes back thousands of years.
As a cure for AIDS? um, I think not.

But, since big pharma is not in that history making a lot of money that information is invalid.
Silly flawed logic aside, the FDA is not "big pharma" FYI.

The question is not if they have any medicinal value of any kind, but rather this company making claims it can't back up. Understand?

Ever try reading?

According to the FDA’s complaint, Wyldewood Cellars makes claims in violation of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) that its elderberry juice concentrate cures, treats, or prevents various disease conditions, including AIDS, diabetes and flu. The complaint was filed on May 27, 2011, in the U.S. District Court of Kansas.

Where I live you can buy all the raw goat and cow white blood that you want. Eggs too.

Am I the only one who immediately thought of this when seeing the thread title?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl8H-rm6kt4]‪monty python and the holy grail‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I have no idea what you're talking about but it all sounds pretty melodramatic. PS what is a "foodie?"

Elderberries have a history as medicine that goes back thousands of years.
As a cure for AIDS? um, I think not.

But, since big pharma is not in that history making a lot of money that information is invalid.
Silly flawed logic aside, the FDA is not "big pharma" FYI.

The question is not if they have any medicinal value of any kind, but rather this company making claims it can't back up. Understand?

But more than that, the claims could prove deadly should someone rely upon them as a cure for something like AIDS. Sad thing would be is that life is considerably longer for the AIDS victim now than it was back in the 80s. So it is not desirable to switch from proven treatments to something like this.

Yep. Same goes for cancer, but you'd be amazed (more like repulsed) how many quackarama BS "cures" and such are being peddled these days, and how many poor deluded fools buy into them.

Forum List

Back