FCC has to evacuate room before vote on Net Neutrality

stop regulating cable companies and let me choose from all providers, not the one or 2 you let service said area and competition will prevent what net neutrality is supposed to stop.

only reason an ISP would today is because i have nowhere else to go - why? the gov.

they created this problem with regulation and now want to control it with - regulation.

stop regulating cable companies and let me choose from all providers, not the one or 2 you let service said area
There is no such regulation, the limited number of cable providers in an area is due to collusion between the cable companies.

stop regulating cable companies and let me choose from all providers, not the one or 2 you let service said area and competition will prevent what net neutrality is supposed to stop.

only reason an ISP would today is because i have nowhere else to go - why? the gov.

they created this problem with regulation and now want to control it with - regulation.
You can choose from any cable provider you want. If they're not in your area, then tough luck. They are not a utility. You know how there are all those packages you can get with different channels? That's coming to the internet if the GOP gets its way. Oh you stream Netflix a lot? You're going to want our premium data package. You want to visit Breitbart and Drudgereport? That'll be an extra $15.99 a month for our news package. Oh, FoxNews.com? Sorry, that's exclusive to Xfinity right now.

they created this problem with regulation and now want to control it with - regulation
Please link to this non-existant regulation.
Thank you in advance.

stop regulating cable companies and let me choose from all providers, not the one or 2 you let service said area
There is no such regulation, the limited number of cable providers in an area is due to collusion between the cable companies.
The limited number of cable providers in an area is due to the nature of the medium. It is VERY expensive to lay that last mile of cable or fiber. I live in an urban area and I have a choice of 2 ISPs (not including satellite or cell network). Most people in the US have a choice of one so a monopoly. I have only one source of electricity for the same reason but that industry is heavily regulated for my protection. Net neutrality is my protection on the interweb.

The limited number of cable providers in an area is due to the nature of the medium. It is VERY expensive to lay that last mile of cable or fiber. I live in an urban area and I have a choice of 2 ISPs (not including satellite or cell network). Most people in the US have a choice of one so a monopoly. I have only one source of electricity for the same reason but that industry is heavily regulated for my protection. Net neutrality is my protection on the interweb.
government regulation to me isn't protection.

So if a liberal ISP decides to start slowing down right wing websites, you're OK with that? As much as I despise fake news websites like info wars and Brietbart, they should be allowed to run at the same speed as any other website.

This decision is bad for everyone.

So if a liberal ISP decides to start slowing down right wing websites, you're OK with that? As much as I despise fake news websites like info wars and Brietbart, they should be allowed to run at the same speed as any other website.

This decision is bad for everyone.
did i buy 100mb down? if so then they can't slow down other sites now can they?

and if i had more than 1 choice for a provider, would they knowing most would leave?

now, did they do this 2 years ago before NN came into being? no. why would they now?

Then you don't live in a rural area. Without government regulation rural areas would have no electricity, phone, mail, roads, or internet. The free market would never be able to profit from the low densities.

Then you don't live in a rural area. Without government regulation rural areas would have no electricity, phone, mail, roads, or internet. The free market would never be able to profit from the low densities.
i did. for a long time. we had 1 choice because of economics, not government. in my experience inet access in rural areas is just crap. not because of how they deliver the services but more incompetence.

rural areas do present a different set of challenges but then again a "one size fits all" doesn't work for something like this, which net neutrality would force.

2 years ago did we have this problem?

Loss of net neutrality will put a damper on innovation. Big-money ISPs would be able to slow down the spread of any new services they don't control. Net neutrality isn't a matter of government regulation, it's an attempt to preserve the 'net as it was intended to be, i.e. a free exchange of information without interference from those with a monetary interest in spreading their own content and apps.

Forum List

Back