Favourite Twilight Zone episodes

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
I don't know the names of them but the one where the kids got away from the bad home by diving in the pool and going to a nicer place from the bottom of the pool.

Agnes Moorehead battling tiny aliens...and it turns out the aliens had USA on their space suits.

Robert Redford as the Angel Of Death.

The girl with the normal face wanting to look like everyone else, who had warped faces.

The greedy family that had to wear the masks to get the old mans inheritance and when he died and they took the masks off..their faces stayed exactly like the mask.

I don't know the names of them but the one where the kids got away from the bad home by diving in the pool and going to a nicer place from the bottom of the pool.

the bewitchin pool

Agnes Moorehead battling tiny aliens...and it turns out the aliens had USA on their space suits.

the invaders

Robert Redford as the Angel Of Death.

nothing in the dark

The girl with the normal face wanting to look like everyone else, who had warped faces.

in the eye of the beholder....i think

The greedy family that had to wear the masks to get the old mans inheritance and when he died and they took the masks off..their faces stayed exactly like the mask.

the mask

only children have a lot of time on their hands

i never did care for that one so much....the howlin man

o hell there was one...the girl in black rides from the future to try to warn herself....

what was that one....

spur of the moment?

so many of them were truly scarey...without blood or gore

i never did care for that one so much....the howlin man

o hell there was one...the girl in black rides from the future to try to warn herself....

what was that one....

spur of the moment?

so many of them were truly scarey...without blood or gore

Like Howling Man for how the guy who freed the Devil then took it upon himself to spend the rest of his life trying to recapture him. Showing him having succeeded facing the same situation he was once in and with the exact same result. That sort of futility and 'history repeats itself' aspect was nicely done I thought. And of course the transitioning of the man into the Devil with the cut-scenes.

I love the old stuff before CGI or sophisticated special effects. That's good for showing something you wouldn't otherwise be able to like, but I htink it's gets abused and takes a lot away from genuine story-telling. Like comuter games prior to the 3d stuff used to take place more in our imaginations, but now when everything's visually represented there's much less to imagine anything. Grew up playing Wizardry 1 and Bard's Tale 1, wireframe and postage stamp view window graphics, but remain some of my favourite games ever.

I can't remember if it was the Twilight Zone or the Outer Limits, but it was about a woman who's husband had died and she was having a an open casket viewing. Then she was given a wish, and she wished her husband to come back to life, but he had already been embalmed. So when he came back to life he was in excruciating pain from the embalming fluid. So she tried chopping him up with an axe to kill him again, but he couldn't die. And all his arms and legs were flopping around on the floor, and all he could do was scream.

I can't remember if it was the Twilight Zone or the Outer Limits, but it was about a woman who's husband had died and she was having a an open casket viewing. Then she was given a wish, and she wished her husband to come back to life, but he had already been embalmed. So when he came back to life he was in excruciating pain from the embalming fluid. So she tried chopping him up with an axe to kill him again, but he couldn't die. And all his arms and legs were flopping around on the floor, and all he could do was scream.

Sounds more like Outer Limits than even the newer Twilight Zone with the violence.

Another fav, and this one was truly disturbing was Zone's "Examination Day" where a kid recently turned 12 has to take a government IQ test. No spoilers, but definitely a must-see Zonezode. :)

you are so out of your zone here dear

that was a hitchcock i think

the monkeys paw.....

it was a short story first bet your ass didnt know that either.....

it was hitchcock..evil smile....and the characters were changed from the short story....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eEoQY3nx_E]The Alfred Hitchcock Hour: "The Monkey's Paw - A Retelling" (1965) - YouTube[/ame]

hmm that is not the one i saw.......it has poor cabin people in it......son was a miner...etc and so forth ..there were given 3 wishes

To Serve Man!

That is the all time best.

o hell yea that was just great.....never trust anyone.....it was better than heston yelling it humans in soylent green.....

its a cookbook ........

it was great but the best.....???

yea but i cant find it....anywhere....

my hubby thought my friends and i were rather odd when we discussed the series by titles....he said that was hardly a discussion for everyone...and then we introduced him to our friend who can do the entire dialogue of the movie...gone with the wind...

Forum List

Back