Favorite PC Game

Add me to the Civilization crowd. I've played them all but Civ VI is the best by far. IMO, of course.
I have not played the expansions to CIV VI yet. I have been playing a lot of CIV VI lately and have been impressed with it.

I wouldn't say it is the "best by far" but, it has much to recommend it over the rest.

If I could use the expansion and disable them when I want to, I would probably get them, however, some of the reviews I have read say that you can't.

Every other version, you could play with, or with out the expansions.

Now, this would not necessarily be a problem, but I am not positive I would like the new expansions on CIV VI. One of them has sea levels rising within the span of a hundred years because of AGW? Well, that is clearly unrealistic and pushing a political agenda.

I am not sure I want to buy that, have it permanently integrated into my game, with no option of turning it off. . .

. .. so disappointing.

There are so many features I miss in IV and V as well. I wish both V and VI had not done away with multinational corporations that were in IV.

It is really nice to see corps and armies back though. I haven't seen those since III.

The expansions add a lot of new Civs, some of which are very cool.

The latest expansion made the religious victory much harder. When it first came out, I thought it was the easiest way to win.

The current "create new game" menu has an option to go back to previous versions, I'm not sure how well it works but I did notice that it eliminated the newer civs that didn't exist under the old versions.

You can build sea walls to block global warming but I haven't found it to be a big deal.

Add me to the Civilization crowd. I've played them all but Civ VI is the best by far. IMO, of course.
I have not played the expansions to CIV VI yet. I have been playing a lot of CIV VI lately and have been impressed with it.

I wouldn't say it is the "best by far" but, it has much to recommend it over the rest.

If I could use the expansion and disable them when I want to, I would probably get them, however, some of the reviews I have read say that you can't.

Now, this would not necessarily be a problem, but I am not positive I would like the new expansions on CIV VI. One of them has sea levels rising within the span of a hundred years because of AGW? Well, that is clearly unrealistic and pushing a political agenda.

I am not sure I want to buy that, have it permanently integrated into my game, with no option of turning it off. . .

. .. so disappointing.

There are so many features I miss in IV and V as well. I wish both V and VI had not done away with multinational corporations that were in IV.

It is really nice to see corps and armies back though. I haven't seen those since III.

The latest expansion made the religious victory much harder. When it first came out, I thought it was the easiest way to win.

The current "create new game" menu has an option to go back to previous versions, I'm not sure how well it works but I did notice that it eliminated the newer civs that didn't exist under the old versions.

You can build sea walls to block global warming but I haven't found it to be a big deal.
It is so boring, I could not even play it while serving lifetime.

. .. so disappointing.

Yeah, the new Civs look attractive. I really need that Diplomatic victory that does not come with the vanilla version. I get tired of having the allegiance of all the city-states, and not really have much of a real advantage.

When I play all the Civs that come with the vanilla game, I might be tempted at the next sale. If I do not move onto a new game.

I might go back and see what is going on in my MMORPG again. I think it has died. Might look for another one.

I noticed under the easier difficulties that religion was super easy to win as well, but. . . .. I am usually so occupied with defense and revenge in the higher difficulties, that it never occurs to me to go for a religious victory in the higher difficulties. . . . :71:

8C7722ADAE36C458F54C70629531BC8928724DB9

Last edited:
Don't have Civ V or Civ VI, since IV wasn't that big an improvement in game play over Civ III, which I'm currently back to playing. Like the graphics in Civ IV, and the new techs are nice as well, but Civ III is still more of a challenge. The new Civs are interesting, but don't really add new challenges.

Don't have Civ V or Civ VI, since IV wasn't that big an improvement in game play over Civ III, which I'm currently back to playing. Like the graphics in Civ IV, and the new techs are nice as well, but Civ III is still more of a challenge. The new Civs are interesting, but don't really add new challenges.
The biggest advances over Civ III were in Civ V. The problems I had in Civ III and IV were by WWI, no front lines ever form. For folks that play RTS games, this is fine, but at the strategic level of game play, when you are using corps and armies, eventually, with industrialized and mechanized warfare, ala Napoleonic/American Civil War era, at about that time period, you start to see front lines/trench warfare, while castles/fortifications become less important.

Civ III and Civ IV still rely too much on single spaces, where you can group your entire forces onto one space. This defies reality. Civ V restricts how much force can be put onto one space, and uses hexes instead of a grid. This is a massive improvement over the older versions.

There really is much that I miss from III and IV though. IV separates the multiple religions and add corporations. I'm still irritated that they didn't keep multinational corporations with V and VI. Let's face it, corporations have as much power as many small nations do today. Again, that just shows the political agenda of the game producers, just hiding reality from game players. Over emphasizing so called AGW, under emphasizing the power of multi-national corporations. If I was on the design team, I would add in think tanks, multi-national stake holders, syndicates and terrorist organizations in the later eras to replace barbarians.

Civ III, IMO, doesn't have the depth w/o the religions and city-states. That stuff can shift the entire game if you now how to use it, especially if you get the right wonders and great people to augment your strategy with the specific civ strengths you are playing. I've gotten my ass kicked by the computer playing the Venetian Civ on Deity. That schooled me real quick at what you can do with city-states.

. . . in that case, I would have to agree with Bleipriester, CIV will get boring after a while if you do not know what you are doing with the more subtle elements. Those elements add so much depth and versatility to the game which keep opponents from guessing as to what you are up too. . . :ack-1:

Is anyone ready for half life 3 ? I am not going to be able to play it on my computer, and you also need a virtual reality headset, because it will not work on a monitor. It would cost me about a thousand pounds for a powerful enough computer, and another thousand for a headset. I have the money but I am not prepared to pay it just for one game. If, in time more virtual reality games and software come out I may spend the money.

Alyx is not HL3. It is a significant departure from Half-Life set in the Half-Life universe between the original and HL-2 It is reported to be quite good, but specifically designed for VR as a vehicle to propel VR as a platform.

women... penis... Heroes of Might and Magic 2 or 3...

They're all good.. :cool:

And cheap!

I would like to get back into the old Civilization and Panzer General as well. I like turned based strategy games.

Forum List

Back