Father accused of robbing South Lyon Vibe Credit Union to pay for daughter's cancer treatments

David_42

Registered Democrat.
Aug 9, 2015
Very sad story.. the american healthcare system needs to be fixed to prevent people from feeling this desperate..
Father accused of robbing South Lyon Vibe Credit Union to pay for daughter's cancer treatments
SOUTH LYON, Mich. (WXYZ) -- The family of 23-year-old Brian Randolph says the only reason the Oakland County man robbed a bank was to pay for his young daughter's chemo treatments.

Now, he's being held on $500,000 bond.

"He just asked me, when am I gonna get out of here. I said you may not get out of here," says Karri Mitchell, Randolph's attorney.

Randolph was arrested August 14th, two days after police say he robbed a Vibe Credit Union in South Lyon.

His one year old daughter's insurance was abruptly canceled, and with no money, his family says the desperate father tried robbing a bank.

His girlfriend tells 7 Action News, "I'm not sure what he was thinking at that point, but at the end of the day the only thing I can think about is him trying to take care of his child."

Brailynn Randolph goes to chemo every four weeks, as she battles retinoblastoma, a form of eye cancer.

Police say surveillance photos show Randolph giving the teller a note, also indicating he had a gun on August 12th, but never showed one.

His aunt tells us, "The only thing he kept telling me is I want to be the man I'm supposed to be. I want to provide for my child."

Brailynn's mother told 7 Action News this afternoon that the insurance company finally called her back. She was told the insurance was canceled because she didn't renew the policy once Brailynn turned one.

She claims she wasn't aware that was necessary. She says she's still working on getting back coverage for Brailynn.

Very sad. Desperate parent.

However....Obamacare banned insurance companies from denying coverage for preexisting conditions.

Why couldn't he get her some Obamacare?

I thought ObamaCare fixed that?
Obamacare has helped many people, but nothing is perfect, and I disagree with obamacare, I want universal healthcare.

Healthcare for a sick child should be a big one.

Why did Obamacare fail this little girl?
Trolling comment. ACA is a health insurance program, and no program is perfect. A national health care system, which you oppose, would have given her a chance.

I thought ObamaCare fixed that?
Obamacare has helped many people, but nothing is perfect, and I disagree with obamacare, I want universal healthcare.

Healthcare for a sick child should be a big one.

Why did Obamacare fail this little girl?
Trolling comment. ACA is a health insurance program, and no program is perfect. A national health care system, which you oppose, would have given her a chance.

oh well..THAT isn't going to happen.

"A man told police he robbed a bank in a desperate attempt to pay for his baby daughter’s chemotherapy treatment.

But when cops caught up with him, they discovered a Gucci bag and several newly bought pairs of expensive shoes and clothes in his car, according to authorities."

For his daughter.

Hold the phone Jake.

A) I seen no corroboration to support that.
B) I thought this was "for cancer treatments". He stole $8000...and there was only $3100 left after his shopping spree.
C) A Gucci bag for a toddler...c'mon...

"A man told police he robbed a bank in a desperate attempt to pay for his baby daughter’s chemotherapy treatment.

But when cops caught up with him, they discovered a Gucci bag and several newly bought pairs of expensive shoes and clothes in his car, according to authorities."

For his daughter.

Hold the phone Jake.

A) I seen no corroboration to support that.
B) I thought this was "for cancer treatments". He stole $8000...and there was only $3100 left after his shopping spree.
C) A Gucci bag for a toddler...c'mon...
I see no corroboration for your conclusion was my set up, and you stepped right into it.

So this really about your gut feeling. OK.

Criminals will say anything to justify themselves. I know an old lady that had her credit card stolen, her daughter tracked it down and found the asshole. He was buying all kinds of expensive shit for himself like watches, but when caught he claimed it was for his kids. Thieving c*nts have no honor.

Forum List

Back