fat lushbo: Don't blame me

What you should be learning is that ideology trumps money.

Obviously you've never had a business. Or if you did you failed.
Where I live you can tune in to one radio station bleating the Limblob/Hannity line all day. Or you can tune in another bleating Ed Scultz and Sam Seder and that ilk. In other words two stations contradicting each other ideologically.

Those two stations are owned by the same company.

There's your ideology: profit.
I mean... duh.

Last edited:
As usual when it comes to the wet dreams of the lefty pukes regarding Rush, Fox, Hannity, or whatever their target of the day on the right, just sit back once again and wait to see how things actually turn out.

And whatever happens both Rush and the suits at WABC and Cumulus will all know the following:

If anyone other than Rush airs on WABC noon - 3pm weekdays, the ad revenue generated will be nowhere near what it was due to Rush's audience.

If Rush airs on any other NYC station in that time slot, the ad revenue generated will be nowhere near what is was before having Rush's audience.

I'll leave whether those revenues will be larger or smaller in each instance to you lefty clowns to figure out, or, instead, humor us with some of your usual wacky rationale.

Where I live you can tune in to one radio station bleating the Limblob/Hannity line all day. Or you can tune in another bleating Ed Scultz and Sam Seder and that ilk. In other words two stations contradicting each other ideologically.

I mean... duh.

NPR and Clear Channel are not the same company.

I got to wondering what would happen if Rush and Beck got into a fair fight. I think that Rush would jump up and down on Beck, and that Beck would start crying.

Yes, Rush is still mainstream radical righties. Beck is just the right, right fringe. A lot of folks are carving up AM radio audiances into different slices, depending on their degree of hate and conspiracy enthusiasm. It reminds me of the old days, when us Southerners had to make up our minds as to who was king of the hill, Strom Thurmon, George Wallace, Lester maddox, or Ross Barnett. Strom finally won.

I mean... duh.

NPR and Clear Channel are not the same company.

uh.......... what??

:dunno:

It's not his fault. WABC has multiple commodities. Rush's show is not beholden to any station. If he can get more money somewhere else he will.

That's not how it works and it's not what they're saying.

Yes that's exactly how it works. Rush's show is it's own entity. He can do it from anywhere he wants. Stations are just affiliates. They come and go all the time.

Last edited:
It's not his fault. WABC has multiple commodities. Rush's show is not beholden to any station. If he can get more money somewhere else he will.

Yes that's exactly how it works. Rush's show is it's own entity. He can do it from anywhere he wants. Stations sre just affiliates. They come and go all the time.

No. It's not. And you're trying to change your premise. Rimjob does his show from Florida, not New York, and it has nothing to do with where the show is based from.

You originally wrote:

"Multiple commodities", whatever that means, are irrelevant. Radio stations don't deal in commodities.

Premiere Networks sells the show to the station; the station pays X amount of $ and gets its 27 minutes of local ad time to sell. In return, the station expects to make back its cost-plus-profit based on expected ratings Rimjob brings in. So if Lush's product isn't bringing in the ratings, they can't get their ad revenue, and they're not making their profit.

The station is a constant. It changes nothing day to day; it's the same 770 Kc at 50 kW every day. The only variable is the program content, and that's all Lush Rimjob's responsibility-- the "product". So it very much IS his "fault". If you can call vitrolic fearmongering that isn't working a "fault".

And no, neither one can just up and leave the deal, not without a penalty. They're under a contract. Which as the article notes, expires at the end of the year.

Those stations that immediately dumped Rimjob after the Fluke tirades were locked into contracts too. They had to keep paying for a show they no longer air. It's expensive -- which is why more didn't immediately jump ship.

Last edited:
If money was such an important consideration, why did JC Penney hire a lesbian spokesperson and now has to apologize for their mistake before the whole company fails?

It was ideology.

Just because you make up shit, doesn't mean its true.

Idiot.

Here's the rw hero -

935389_574262242595645_1922288755_n.jpg

As usual when it comes to the wet dreams of the lefty pukes regarding Rush, Fox, Hannity, or whatever their target of the day on the right, just sit back once again and wait to see how things actually turn out.

And whatever happens both Rush and the suits at WABC and Cumulus will all know the following:

If anyone other than Rush airs on WABC noon - 3pm weekdays, the ad revenue generated will be nowhere near what it was due to Rush's audience.

If Rush airs on any other NYC station in that time slot, the ad revenue generated will be nowhere near what is was before having Rush's audience.

I'll leave whether those revenues will be larger or smaller in each instance to you lefty clowns to figure out, or, instead, humor us with some of your usual wacky rationale.

Ad revenue is irrelevent when no one wants their product associated with your hate.

You tried to dodge and weave when I Pointed out on WLS, RUsh's show was reduced to PSAs, promos for other shows and fly-by-night operations like Gold-bugs.

Well, guess what, WLS is a Cumulous station, and they want him gone. Surprise, surprise, surprise.

Remember when Dr. Laura was queen of the airwaves, until her hate made her unacceptable?

She's saving Rush a seat.

Yes that's exactly how it works. Rush's show is it's own entity. He can do it from anywhere he wants. Stations sre just affiliates. They come and go all the time.

True to a degree.

But just looking at Chicago- We have WLS, which is the top Talk Radio station.

We have WGN, but that is purely local.

And I guess Rush could go to WIND, a station no one listens to.

If he loses Cumulous, he's done. He might stick around for a few more years, but he's finished. Might as well cash out his chips.

Rush is the guy who saved the whole dying radio industry about 20 years ago. If WABC wants to bite the hand that feeds them it's their tough luck.

True to a degree.

If he loses Cumulous, he's done. He might stick around for a few more years, but he's finished. Might as well cash out his chips.

Where you are has no bearing on it. Cumulus is NOT A STATION! WABC is. Rush doesn't do his show from WABC. He is not even in the same state.

True to a degree.

Where you are has no bearing on it. Cumulus is NOT A STATION! WABC is. Rush doesn't do his show from WABC. He is not even in the same state.

No, Cumulus is a company that owns hundreds of stations, including 40 of the ones that carry Rush's show, including WABC and WLS. If they stop carrying his show- yes, another station will pick it up in those markets.

And then what?

Those stations won't pay the same outrageous fees iLimbaugh charges other stations. (Most talkers don't charge to carry their shows... they just split the ad revenues.)

What Joe B the liar (WLS PSAs, self-promos) doesn't get about radio in general and Rush's large audience in particular is that any station in any market not airing Rush's show would kill to have him in their lineup.

In Chicago, for example, if Rush left WLS for WIND or any other station, his audience would follow him. It happens all the time in markets across the country. Syndicated radio hosts switch stations quite often for a variety of reasons. That's the broadcast industry.

All 40 Cumulus stations (6% of approx 600 stations) could drop Rush when their contracts expire if they wanted to, but the ad revenue from the replacements would be miniscule by comparison and they know it better than anyone else.

Liberals intend to at least try to control every publicly expressed thought.

What Joe B the liar (WLS PSAs, self-promos) doesn't get about radio in general and Rush's large audience in particular is that any station in any market not airing Rush's show would kill to have him in their lineup.

In Chicago, for example, if Rush left WLS for WIND or any other station, his audience would follow him. It happens all the time in markets across the country. Syndicated radio hosts switch stations quite often for a variety of reasons. That's the broadcast industry.

All 40 Cumulus stations (6% of approx 600 stations) could drop Rush when their contracts expire if they wanted to, but the ad revenue from the replacements would be miniscule by comparison and they know it better than anyone else.

The point in the OP here (for point 1) is that that "any station would kill" factor is dwindling, and has been for a few years now. Maybe once they would "kill", more recently they would "maim"; today they might write a strongly worded letter. This is a trend; Blimpo is on his way out. That's why WABC and WLS can't sell enough ads; decreasing audience.

That was the whole point in Limpblob's character assassination a year ago: a desperation move to try to build up ratings and make himself 'relevant' as regards radio listenership. It kind of backfired according to Cumulus' figures of lost revenue since then.

Point 2, somewhat redundant, yes Lush's audience would follow him to WIND (the perfect set of call letters) but again the point is the audience that would follow is not that much any more. Plus it would be a demotion in signal area:

WLS contour, 50 kilowatts:
WLS_AM_LU.gif

WIND contour, 5 kilowatts:
WIND_AM_LD.gif

-- that's in the daytime; at night WIND has to lower its power while WLS does not. This is the kind of demotion Lush has to deal with as a result of his fading relevance.

WLS is a "clear channel" station, one of a handful of stations authorized to broadcast at full 50kW power day and night; this kind of reach is the goal of a talk radio host. In Philadelphia the clear channel station that was carrying Limbo (WPHT which I can hear here in western Carolina and monitored clear as a bell from Cape Breton Island), dropped him after Fluke, and now he's relegated to an FM station in New Jersey-- off the AM dial altogether, and at an undesirable frequency to boot (106.9). That's called encroaching obscurity. That's the world of radio telling Rimjob "thanks for playing".

As for point 3, if all 40 Cumulus stations dropped Limblob, well their ad revenues after that is an unknown at this point, but as my David Frum link notes they're already laying groundwork with the Huckabee show-- Cumulus owns that show. And they also own over five hundred radio stations, including WLS and WABC. So it's not like they're not prepared.

Last edited:

>> Mediaite’s own sources confirm that the ad troubles in connection with Limbaugh’s show are, indeed, severe. In fact, one source within the radio advertising world with direct knowledge of the ad buys on Limbaugh’s show confirms the extent of the problem: “The vast majority of national advertisers now refuse to air their ads during Rush Limbaugh’s show,” our source tells us.

... The next earnings call for Cumulus is tomorrow and Dickey will undoubtedly be asked by Wall Street analysts how Limbaugh’s performing on the 40 Cumulus stations that carry the show. Despite Limbaugh’s immense value, Dickey has previously claimed that Cumulus’s top three stations had lost $5.5 million as a result of the anti-Limbaugh backlash.
<<

Last edited:

Pogo did a great job eviserating your point, but to recap- Rush isn't getting ad revenues.

No one wants THEIR products associated with him at this point save the Goldbugs and other scams.

So, yeah, maybe WIND would be desperate enough to pick him up. Because honestly, who is listening to Michael Medved trying to talk sense into his rabid listeners? Or creepier than shit Hugh Hewitt...

Forum List

Back