farm bill passes House by 2votes, 213-211, it failed last month after Freedom Caucus witheld support

Why do farmers need welfare?

Because a lot of the soybean farmers have seen a 15 percent price drop in their crop due to sanctions imposed by China. And, when you consider how much of a farmer's cash has to be reinvested back in the farm just to stay even, a 15 percent price drop is going to hurt the farmers bad.

I've already seen several of them on the nightly news complaining about this.

What specifically in it is a win for farmers?
Crop subsidies. $20 billion worth.

Republicans support government gifts for farmers because it gets the hayseeds to vote for them.

But don't give out food stamps to urban negroes! No fucking way!

I know the soybean farmers are already hurting due to Trump's tariff war with China.

Republicans support government gifts for farmers because it gets the hayseeds to vote for them.

I know the soybean farmers are already hurting due to Trump's tariff war with China.
When Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross was grilled about that by Senate Republicans today, the 80 year old billionaire responded that the pain the farmers are experiencing “has been exaggerated.”

So what if farmers are being hurt by tariffs. What are they gonna do about it...vote Democrat?

Trump can take the hayseeds for granted. He always has.

When Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross was grilled about that by Senate Republicans today, the 80 year old billionaire responded that the pain the farmers are experiencing “has been exaggerated.”

A bit exaggerated? Is he serious? Because farmers don't make much profit, as most of their money has to be reinvested back in the maintenance and upkeep of the farm. A 15 percent price drop (which has happened), cuts pretty deep into their profits, and some of them might not make any money at all, they will be lucky to break even.

A bit exaggerated? Is he serious? Because farmers don't make much profit, as most of their money has to be reinvested back in the maintenance and upkeep of the farm. A 15 percent price drop (which has happened), cuts pretty deep into their profits, and some of them might not make any money at all, they will be lucky to break even.
The 80 year old billionaire is a little out of touch with the hayseeds of Iowa.

As the Senators began telling Ross about all the financial harm being done to multiple domestic economic sectors because of the trade war, Ross practically yawned his indifference.

Are we pretending the US farm industry is a bunch of mom n pop outfits ?

Why do farmers need welfare?
Do you mean food stamps? Well, as it turns out...they grow and sell food.

Right . It’s a win win for them .

Don’t farm subsidies fly in the face of cons and their “free flowing capitalism “ mantra ?
I suppose it ocntradixta laissez faire. But our ocnservatovea don't actually believe that, unless it is politically expedient for them to pretend to do so.

Forum List

Back