Fantastic Friday For America

WillPower

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2018
The President got his second scoop of ice cream.....Guatemala begs for forgiveness and adopts the so-called "safe third country" policy... :113:

The so-called “safe third country” agreement would require migrants, including Salvadorans and Hondurans, who cross into Guatemala on their way to the US to apply for protections in Guatemala instead of at the US border.

This effectively blocks central Americans from caravanning into the US...if they don't seek asylum in Guatemala and stay there until their case is heard, our BP can toss them back over the border. THEN the Supremes okayed $2.6B border wall money from the Pentagon...Pelousy and Cryin Chuck are furious! what a day!

source.gif

Trump says agreement reached with Guatemala to restrict asylum seekers

• Banned
Fancy Nancy, fresh from being trashed by a rookie ex-bartender, claims the Wall won't work....so why is she so afraid of building it? hmmmmmmmm.....

The President got his second scoop of ice cream.....Guatemala begs for forgiveness and adopts the so-called "safe third country" policy... :113:

The so-called “safe third country” agreement would require migrants, including Salvadorans and Hondurans, who cross into Guatemala on their way to the US to apply for protections in Guatemala instead of at the US border.

This effectively blocks central Americans from caravanning into the US...if they don't seek asylum in Guatemala and stay there until their case is heard, our BP can toss them back over the border. THEN the Supremes okayed $2.6B border wall money from the Pentagon...Pelousy and Cryin Chuck are furious! what a day!

source.gif

Thank you for the update. I'm puzzled about Guatemala, though, since it is one of the three "northern triangle" countries in Central America where so many of the immigrants are coming from. El Salvador, Honduras, and Guatemala are three of the world’s five most dangerous countries, according to homicide rates. So its citizens, instead of leaving, are supposed to request asylum in their own country?

• Banned
Thank you for the update. I'm puzzled about Guatemala, though, since it is one of the three "northern triangle" countries in Central America where so many of the immigrants are coming from. El Salvador, Honduras, and Guatemala are three of the world’s five most dangerous countries, according to homicide rates. So its citizens, instead of leaving, are supposed to request asylum in their own country?

They should stay home and fight the corruption and violence like brave peoples do to get rid of tyrants. Our CIA used to be able to handle central America.....not any more after Brennan stunk up the Agency. The policy means an asylum seeker must seek asylum in the first country they come to instead of traveling through it and Mehico and trying to apply at our border. Now instead of taking their application and watching them disappear into the USA, they must show documentation they applied in Guatemala or be tossed back out.

They should stay home and fight the corruption and violence like brave peoples do to get rid of tyrants. Our CIA used to be able to handle central America.....not any more after Brennan stunk up the Agency. The policy means an asylum seeker must seek asylum in the first country they come to instead of traveling through it and Mehico and trying to apply at our border. Now instead of taking their application and watching them disappear into the USA, they must show documentation they applied in Guatemala or be tossed back out.
You aren't addressing my question. Maybe someone else can.

source.gif

They have always been corrupt and dangerous .. we don’t want them

Trump will eventually be seen as being the BEST president we’ve had in modern history. The guy is amazing!

Trump will eventually be seen as being the BEST president we’ve had in modern history. The guy is amazing!

He's the beauty of having a businessman instead of a politician in the WH. He keeps throwing ideas at a problem until he solves it.....only sleeps 4 hours a night. He has no desire to profit from or have a career after the WH....he's there to fix things and go home to his Tower. Not sure I want him to go through a second term with the jackals after him....Reagan didn't fare well the second time around.

Well, EXCUSE ME....I answered what you asked...did you bother reading it?
My question is, how do you have a THIRD country agreement with Guatemala when they ARE one of the countries immigrants are fleeing from? See, in order to be a safe third country, the country needs to be as safe as the United States for the immigrant to live in, and equally able to meet the immigrants needs. Then there can be a third country agreement, such as we have with Canada.

But Guatemala is not an uninvolved third party. It is one of the dangerous, gang ridden countries that its citizens are fleeing.
I know you said they should stay home--but that doesn't make this third country agreement any more rational.

He's the beauty of having a businessman instead of a politician in the WH. He keeps throwing ideas at a problem until he solves it.....only sleeps 4 hours a night. He has no desire to profit from or have a career after the WH....he's there to fix things and go home to his Tower. Not sure I want him to go through a second term with the jackals after him....Reagan didn't fare well the second time around.
After seeing how much he’s been able to accomplish in his first term, despite democrats fighting him at every turn, I’m already looking forward to his second.

My question is, how do you have a THIRD country agreement with Guatemala when they ARE one of the countries immigrants are fleeing from? See, in order to be a safe third country, the country needs to be as safe as the United States for the immigrant to live in, and equally able to meet the immigrants needs. Then there can be a third country agreement, such as we have with Canada.

But Guatemala is not an uninvolved third party. It is one of the dangerous, gang ridden countries that its citizens are fleeing.
I know you said they should stay home--but that doesn't make this third country agreement any more rational.
Laughing at me doesn't really strengthen your argument, you know.

It goes without saying that Guatemala citizens have to apply AT HOME or in Mehico....not here. The other two countries in the triangle will shortly follow suit....Trump has obviously agreed to restore aid to those countries after he cut it off last year. None of this is necessary if Skeletor would allow us not to be assaulted, murdered, raped, and trafficked by her invaders, but she won't...even while her voters are shitting on the streets of her district.

After seeing how much he’s been able to accomplish in his first term, despite democrats fighting him at every turn, I’m already looking forward to his second.

I want to see him reelected, serve two years of it, and hand it off to Pence....bring in Rubio to be VP....Marco has become a favorite of mine again and he's young enough to see that the Trump legacy is etched in stone.

You've said some pretty nasty things to me in the past..we ain't friends...and in my experience, answering leftist questions always results in name-calling shortly thereafter. I assume my OPs are fairly clear about what I'm writing about, but they have to be read carefully because I don't waste a lot of adverbs and adjectives to get to the point.

Here comes the wall....there goes the caravans back to where they came from....and ICE is more powerful than ever.....Mexico and Guatemala is working with us for a change....Trump wins for America....now Iran and China and NK you had better learn from this...or else....

Asylum laws are in place so people can escape persecution....religious and political...not so you can escape the hood of your home nation....chances are the neighborhood you end up in in America is not much more safe than the place you left....see the difference?...you can't claim asylum because your nation is poor or dangerous....hell stay and fix it don't run away and leave your defenseless countrymen there to fight alone....

Trump will build a wall there and you can cry about that.

You've said some pretty nasty things to me in the past..we ain't friends...and in my experience, answering leftist questions always results in name-calling shortly thereafter. I assume my OPs are fairly clear about what I'm writing about, but they have to be read carefully because I don't waste a lot of adverbs and adjectives to get to the point.
LOL
I understand. Why should you try to defend such a whacked out agreement as this when you weren't the one who worked it out. There is no defending it, from a logical point of view. Not even a Trumpster can twist this one into a silk purse.

What you are defending is the position that the Central Americans should stay home or if they don't, that some other country should take them, not us. Okay, I heard that. However, that is not what a safe third country agreement is about. Whatever this agreement is, it is not that. I guess I just wish the administration would call a thing by its right name.

Forum List

Back