family reunited with son missing for 3 yrs in china

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
seven year old boy who was kidnapped in Shenzhen in 2008 has been reunited with his father yesterday, in a miracle that could only have happened in this day and age, thanks to the internet.

The emotional reunion was witnessed and live-tweeted by Phoenix Weekly's 《凤凰周刊》 senior correspondent Deng Fei (邓飞), who accompanied Peng Gaofeng to Pizhou, Jiangsu Province following a tip-off that his son was there. Deng had interviewed Peng three years ago, shortly after his son, Peng Wenle (彭文乐), disappeared, and since then has become something of an activist against child trafficking.

Weibo reunites father with kidnapped son after three long years - Shanghaiist

seven year old boy who was kidnapped in Shenzhen in 2008 has been reunited with his father yesterday, in a miracle that could only have happened in this day and age, thanks to the internet.

The emotional reunion was witnessed and live-tweeted by Phoenix Weekly's 《凤凰周刊》 senior correspondent Deng Fei (邓飞), who accompanied Peng Gaofeng to Pizhou, Jiangsu Province following a tip-off that his son was there. Deng had interviewed Peng three years ago, shortly after his son, Peng Wenle (彭文乐), disappeared, and since then has become something of an activist against child trafficking.

Weibo reunites father with kidnapped son after three long years - Shanghaiist

What a wonderful story. May the child and the parent have peace from here on out.

What happened in 2008

As it turns out, Deng's adopted father was the man who kidnapped Wenle in 2008. At that time, he was working in Shenzhen and having only one daughter, he wanted a son badly. Last year, he died of cancer.

Security camera recordings shown to Peng shortly after Wenle's disappearance showed that the child was forcefully taken away by a man while he was playing on the streets. Wenle was struggling to get free, and despite the curious stares of onlookers, nobody made any attempt to mitigate the situation and the man managed to quickly disappear into the crowd.

if i may use this thread as a stepping stone to a similar family story

my great grandfather , who lived in a small impovershed town in Sicily at the turn of the century went looking for work down at the docks one day , and didn't come back for years

he was lured in on a trade ship, not sure of it's flag, that enslaved him, which wasn't uncommon in those days

Story goes, he ended up in China (i think the term might have been shanghi'd) very sick, and was nursed back to health by a nice Chinese family

once healthy, he made his way back to Sicily, where his wife and kids (i forget how many, a lot by today's standards) were living in poverty (no welfare back then....)

That's when he threw up his hands, and spent every last $ they had emigrating to America

Forum List

Back