False claims about 40 beheaded babies & 30 Harvard student groups condemning Israel may teach us how the US left, right & liberal process news

The isolationist Republican's thought so. They said it was not our war and they fought FDR, who thought we should help stop the new German aggression. Some things never change as the Neo-Republican isolationists now think the Ukraine should just rollover and take the new Russian aggression.
It wasn't our war until we were attacked. Fuck the Ukraine and Russia war.

BTW where the hell did the OP go? Afraid to admit being wrong and just fled the thread?

It wasn't our war until we were attacked. Fuck the Ukraine and Russia war.

BTW where the hell did the OP go? Afraid to admit being wrong and just fled the thread?
Terrorists and their sympathizers are cowards at heart. Who knows though, maybe she's standing in front of a mirror trying to look for a shred of human decency.

Bullshit! They have been living there for over 2000 years.
Idiotic statement. Totally.

It was Jewish for a long time until Nebuchadnezzar came along. Then it was Persian until Greece kicked the shit out of them and took it over, Several Centuries later it was Roman, then it was Byzantine for almost a 1000 years, then I think the Turks came along, then the British. Almost forgot -- The Crusaders took it back but nobody wanted to live there so Salah ad-Din took it back.

Methinks you don't know what the FUCK you're talking about. You're just blindly repeating propaganda.

Which makes me think you're a professional troll. How many other sites you on??

As many have heard, a bizarre false claim has been made that HAMAS militants beheaded 40 babies in their counter-attacks against ongoing Israeli ethnic cleansing and war crimes this past weekend.

Patently absurd on its face, the truth, while still tragic, is a different matter:

MSN

In keeping with Israeli attacks on innocent Palestinian men, women and children which have left thousands upon thousands dead, it appears that as many as three dozen kibbutz inhabitants were murdered, a few as young as two.

While deeply sad, it pales in comparison to the vast multiples of this number of innocent Palestinians murdered by Israel.

But for the purpose of this thread, the most important aspect of the story from a group perception standpoint is that conservatives accepted at face value that 40 babies had been beheaded despite the absurdity of the claim, while liberals (and even more so the left) were far more (and correctly) skeptical.

Meanwhile, 30 student groups at the famously liberal/left-leaning Harvard have come out with stern condemnations of Israel's long history of behavior far worse and vastly more numerically lopsided than the terrible event noted above:

Cornel West on Harvard students blaming Israel: Largely right but lacking nuance

What these two stories have in common is that liberals, and to an even greater extent the left, appear far more inclined to ask questions which challenge pre-conceived narratives, prejudices, and supposed authorities rather than accepting alleged truths at face value.

Contrary to the conservative claim that liberals and the left are led more by feeling than fact, the reverse appears to be true.

In the case of the false baby beheading claim, conservatives allowed their pre-conceived notions of Muslim barbarism to quash the more logical path of skepticism and deeper research that liberals and the left followed.

And in the case of the endless cries of alleged "Unprovoked attacks on Israel!" by Palestinian groups, the highly educated students of Harvard looked long and hard at the ACTUAL long history of Israeli brutality, terrorism, land theft, ethnic cleansing and widespread civilian murder to conclude that Israel was in fact the longstanding aggressor, and had provided endless provocation over many decades.

Conservatives famously attack liberals and the left - often confusing the two - in an unending barrage of barbs pertaining to their alleged infantile and overly emotional response to events, but the opposite seems to often be the case.

Liberals and the left seem much more inclined to investigate, use logic and reason, and weigh numerous sources before drawing conclusions, whereas conservatives seem more inclined to trust arbitrary - and often untrustworthy - authority figures providing bad information which confirms their prior prejudices.

This is not to say that liberals and the left are immune from this behavior (see the eight year liberal witch hunt against Trump for instance), but rather that they seem less inclined to base their beliefs on feelings and pre-conceived notions than conservatives.

Is this something that is likely to change?

Is the difference the higher levels of education that liberals and the left tend to pursue?

Obviously all three groups have societal value, but this difference is quite glaring, and often disconcerting.

Terrorists and their sympathizers are cowards at heart. Who knows though, maybe she's standing in front of a mirror trying to look for a shred of human decency.
She has come across as an honest person to me. Not always informed very well but not with bad intentions.
Just my two cents.

If I had total control Gaza would be a lump of smoldering glass by now. And so would the Taliban.

We will never defeat evil when all we do is play wack a mole with it.

Riddle me this: Given that Arab regimes control almost all of the territory in the Middle East, why haven't they welcomed the Palestinians into their countries?
I have ALWAYS asked that question. Sure the 'Palestinians' (there is no such thing, it's a made up term) -- But sure they're pissed. Can't say I blame them a whole lot. But it's not really on Israel.

Israel took in tens of thousands of Jews after all the Muslim Countries around them booted them out (and coincidentally stole all their property). So the Muslims inhabitants of Israel either moved on voluntarily or were 'encouraged' to do so.

So why didn't all those loyal A-rabs take their brothers in? The Persians could have helped out, too.

Forum List

Back