Fake news is extremely dangerous to our democracy

I believe "democratic principles" are built into human nature.
We all exercise free speech, express our beliefs, our consent and dissent naturally by conscience.
The form of government was established as a Constitutional Republic by the founders with set rules to protect the Republic from subversive takeover. The rules gradually changed through seemingly "innocent" political activity leading to legislations and modifying the Amendments in order to destroy the Republic, shrewdly utilizing free speech and freedom of religion to subvert the nation thus becoming a non-nation but an empire consisting of different races serving Globalist interests.

You can't expect everyone to be as interested in politics as USMB's userbase is. Doesn't mean they're dumb. In the immortal words of Homer (simpson)

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

They vote. They should be informed.

Why should there be people out there who have no idea what they're doing, choosing the course of the country?

It's be great if voters were more informed and voted based on logic rather than emotion. I think it'd work out in favor for the political right. But I don't see any feasible way to force people to care enough to look at all sides of an issue.

No, it's a hard one really.

Other than forcing people to take some sort of test to see whether they understand certain things.. which could then be abused.

That idea would go over like a lead balloon considering that "merit based systems" are now being attacked as racist.

But yeah in the meantime I think it's important that we hold the media to account for taking advantage of gullible people, telling them what to think instead of how to think.

Yes, people want their rights without any responsibilities.

I find that quite offensive.

The media is far more accountable than the president right now.

Would there have even been riots in Ferguson if the media hadn't hyped the dishonest narrative about racist killer cops? Nobody holds them responsible for sowing division and strife.

False information is only dangerous when those who receive it fail to use their intellect to evaluate and filter.
Fake news reports don't 'kill' (democracy), people (who indiscriminately believe such reports) kill it.
This is not fake, and it shouldn't be news.

They vote. They should be informed.

Why should there be people out there who have no idea what they're doing, choosing the course of the country?

It's be great if voters were more informed and voted based on logic rather than emotion. I think it'd work out in favor for the political right. But I don't see any feasible way to force people to care enough to look at all sides of an issue.

No, it's a hard one really.

Other than forcing people to take some sort of test to see whether they understand certain things.. which could then be abused.

That idea would go over like a lead balloon considering that "merit based systems" are now being attacked as racist.

But yeah in the meantime I think it's important that we hold the media to account for taking advantage of gullible people, telling them what to think instead of how to think.

Yes, people want their rights without any responsibilities.

I find that quite offensive.

The media is far more accountable than the president right now.

Would there have even been riots in Ferguson if the media hadn't hyped the dishonest narrative about racist killer cops? Nobody holds them responsible for sowing division and strife.

Would there have been riots in Ferguson if the US hadn't ended slavery?

Would Roof have walked into a church and killed lots of black people if people were banned from being as overtly racist as they are?

If you want to ban "fake news", are you going to shut down religions?

I mean, they can't all be right.

Fake Fox News. They actually went to court and argued that a 'news' organization doesn't have to tell the truth. They are the grandfather and all time champion of fake news, or as it was formerly known, lying.

Forum List

Back