Failure of Creation

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
The creation has failed and can't be saved. I hope I am wrong, but look at these three Bible verses. Your take?

Revelation 21:1 1Then I saw "a new heaven and a new earth," for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

Isaiah 65:17 17"See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.

HAPPENING IN THE SAME TIME AS:

Revelation 20:14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

So, everything will end without a trace or even memory, and a new one will be created. Looks like the effort of salvation portrayed in Romans 8:20 has failed.

Is this good news or bad? I think probably good.

Your take?

The creation has failed and can't be saved. I hope I am wrong, but look at these three Bible verses. Your take?

Revelation 21:1 1Then I saw "a new heaven and a new earth," for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

Isaiah 65:17 17"See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.

Revelation 20:14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

So, everything will end without a trace or even memory, and a new one will be created. Looks like the effort of salvation portrayed in Romans 8:20 has failed.

Your take?

Just find it interesting that what you quote was likewise predicted independently 3,000 years earlier in the Vedas.

Your take?

Just find it interesting that what you quote was likewise predicted independently 3,000 years earlier in the Vedas.

Very interesting, and what is the Vedas?

I won't be alive to see it, so what difference does it make.
Considering that you will be in purgatory or in hell about to be thrown in the lake of fire, you may want to consider this.

Dumpster is no stranger to fire and hell, he threw his partenting into

Your take?

Very interesting, and what is the Vedas?

Vedic Science, originally handed down 5,000 years ago by word of mouth then eventually translated into Sanskrit when man entered the age of forgetfulness, which eventually became the basis for Hindu and eastern religion as well as the origin for all religion.

I won't be alive to see it, so what difference does it make.
Considering that you will be in purgatory or in hell about to be thrown in the lake of fire, you may want to consider this.
Jebuz, only three minutes in and the OP has already condemned you to hell or purgatory. Must be some kind of USMB record.

I doubt it is a record, but I am kind of used to it. People don't like to be challenged.

It is most definitely good. Hades is the land of the dead, but is separated by a chasm. One side going to a good destination; the other one going to a bad destination. The spiritually dead get tossed into the lake of fire where I believe they see their perfect spiritual bodies burned.

I'm sure glad I don't live my life in trembling fear of angry, vicious gawds.

Your take?
That’s kind of a no brainer. Nothing lasts forever. Our environment will become uninhabitable and we will be wiped out like the dinosaurs and eventually the sun will die and the entire solar system is toast.

Forward thinkers are looking at mars as an option to outlive the demise of earths environment and the next logical step would be livable space stations

Your take?

Have a link to those Vedic passages? I would be interested in seeing them, if you have a source available.

Your take?
My take? No, they're not happening at the same time. Look at Isaiah 65:17 &18:
For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth,
and the former things shall not be remembered
or come into mind.
But be glad and rejoice forever in that which I create;
for behold, I create Jerusalem to be a joy,
and her people to be a gladness.
In Isaiah’s poem we see God renewing His covenant with Abraham's progeny when they gain independence from Babylon. New heavens and a new earth are a new covenant.

Creation is not actually the abode of God or the third planet from the sun. Or if so, where was God while He was creating heaven?

Josephus, being a Jew, was immersed in traditional temple culture, and explains heaven and earth in that context even as far back in time as the first tabernacle:

As for the inside, Moses parted its length into three partitions. At the distance of ten cubits from the most secret end, Moses placed four pillars, the workmanship of which was the very same with that of the rest; and they stood upon the like bases with them, each a small matter distant from his fellow. Now the room within those pillars was the most holy place; but the rest of the room was the tabernacle, which was open for the priests. However, this proportion of the measures of the tabernacle proved to be an imitation of the system of the world: for that third part thereof which was within the four pillars, to which the priests were not admitted, is, as it were, a Heaven peculiar to God; but the space of the twenty cubits, is, as it were, sea and land, on which men live, and so this part is peculiar to the priests only. (Antiquities 3.6.4)​

Often, when Jews spoke of heaven and earth, they spoke of the temple. It was just a fact of daily life.

Everything has already ended. The new has already begun. It's good news.

Last edited:

Your take?

Have a link to those Vedic passages? I would be interested in seeing them, if you have a source available.

Not really. Vedic Science is really deep stuff, high learning curve. Real egghead material not easy reading like the Bible that requires real serious study and commitment to understand. It involves books like the Srimad Bhagavatam (a small encyclopedia) and things like Mahavishnu resting in Yoga-Nidra on the Casual Ocean in Sankarsana creating innumerable universes through his breathing process. It is a whole new way of seeing the universe. They even described the atom and the layers and time scales of the universe thousands of years before western science thought of such things. The main work of the Vedas must encompass something like 60-80 big hardback volumes in their full scope just for starters.

There are no "links" or "passages" as you are expecting, were I to even try to find ones that crossed said topics, it wouldn't make sense and would only confuse and raise more questions than answered. But here are a few very basic places to begin if you are really interested, along with a diagram which illustrates some of it, but again, without context and background, will only serve to confuse. The Vedas was never intended for weekend scholars panning on the internet.

Upanishads - Wikipedia
Garbhodaksayi Vishnu - Wikipedia
Vedic science - Wikipedia

vedic-cosmology.jpg

Ah, so we're dealing with the usual parallelism, terminological, composition, and dependency fallacies that make up the vast majority of false claims re Judaism and Christianity being stuff 'stolen' from earlier pagan rubbish. I thought so, but I'm always open to the remote possibility someone might someday come up with a legitimate claim.

Your take?
For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth,​
or come into mind.
.​
In Isaiah’s poem we see God renewing His covenant with Abraham's progeny when they gain independence from Babylon. New heavens and a new earth are a new covenant.

Creation is not actually the abode of God or the third planet from the sun. Or if so, where was God while He was creating heaven?

Josephus, being a Jew, was immersed in traditional temple culture, and explains heaven and earth in that context even as far back in time as the first tabernacle:

As for the inside, Moses parted its length into three partitions. At the distance of ten cubits from the most secret end, Moses placed four pillars, the workmanship of which was the very same with that of the rest; and they stood upon the like bases with them, each a small matter distant from his fellow. Now the room within those pillars was the most holy place; but the rest of the room was the tabernacle, which was open for the priests. However, this proportion of the measures of the tabernacle proved to be an imitation of the system of the world: for that third part thereof which was within the four pillars, to which the priests were not admitted, is, as it were, a Heaven peculiar to God; but the space of the twenty cubits, is, as it were, sea and land, on which men live, and so this part is peculiar to the priests only. (Antiquities 3.6.4)​

Often, when Jews spoke of heaven and earth, they spoke of the temple. It was just a fact of daily life.

Interesting. If the new has already begun, then how is it that we still observe suffering?

Your take?
For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth,​
or come into mind.
.​

Interesting. If the new has already begun, then how is it that we still observe suffering?
Did God promise to end suffering?

Your take?
For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth,
or come into mind.

Did God promise to end suffering?

Actually, God does not create suffering, man does. Man is in the unique position to act with free will in regards to whether he follows God or acts independently. Therefore by definition, suffering is that state whereby we are separated from God. That means that the sole remedy to end suffering is to be one with God.

Forum List

Back