Fading Fishermen: A Historic Industry Faces a Warming World

R

rdean

the latest challenge is the one that's doing them in: climate change.

Though no waters are immune to the ravages of climate change, the Gulf of Maine best illustrates the problem. The gulf, where fishermen have for centuries sought lobster, cod and other species that thrived in its cold waters, is now warming faster than 99 percent of the world's oceans, scientists have said.

-------------------------------------

If they were Republicans, they would know it's not happening.

Oh Gawd..........always the tragic view of everything.:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:. God bless these poor souls...........all miserable all the time.

Was at the ocean yesterday sitting by the waves and went to fire up a smoke.........some fat woman screams at me, "Ummm..........excuse me.....no smoking at the beach sir!!". I smiled and quipped, "Whatever you say maam" moved about 10 feet and fired up my stogie. Got to thinking........."wonder if that bulldog is married to Rightwinger?"

Some people are just miserable all the time............:coffee:

the latest challenge is the one that's doing them in: climate change.

Though no waters are immune to the ravages of climate change, the Gulf of Maine best illustrates the problem. The gulf, where fishermen have for centuries sought lobster, cod and other species that thrived in its cold waters, is now warming faster than 99 percent of the world's oceans, scientists have said.

-------------------------------------

If they were Republicans, they would know it's not happening.
Don't worry boy, Hillary will fix everything...

...ops, isn't that what you thought Big Ears would do.

Forum List

Back