Faculty Meeting

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
This month's faculty meeting was largely taken up by a presentation from the district police Gang Unit. The number and variety of gang sets in the district is disappointing. It will take attention at every level to try and stem the tide. Sad that it needs to be so, but the young people deserve the effort.

An urban area.
I can guess that. Be that I never lived in a school district that needed a “gang unit,” I can agree with your premise that kids deserve a learning environment free of gang violence.

The gangs are horrible
OurGang.jpg

I wish the inner city would come to realize that their problems with crime gangs and under funded failing schools will not improve with the same people who have failed them...
Time for a change in America... we deserve better...

I can guess that. Be that I never lived in a school district that needed a “gang unit,” I can agree with your premise that kids deserve a learning environment free of gang violence.
Not the school's gang unit. The city police department's gang unit, obviously invited to give presentation for familiarization of to teachers, faculty, staff, at that school, to better familiarize with what they (police and educators) are up against, in that very large eastern city.

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW
A gang unit is not generally necessary where the male children have a man in the household.

It is as predictable as the sun riding in the East that if your gang unit does anything meaningful it will be considered "racist."

I have seen the enemy and he is us.

A gang unit is not generally necessary where the male children have a man in the household.

It is as predictable as the sun riding in the East that if your gang unit does anything meaningful it will be considered "racist."

I have seen the enemy and he is us.
Thanks for your guesses.

This month's faculty meeting was largely taken up by a presentation from the district police Gang Unit. The number and variety of gang sets in the district is disappointing. It will take attention at every level to try and stem the tide. Sad that it needs to be so, but the young people deserve the effort.
Whats the policy with Narcan there? last year our highschools had it set up with the nurse, Principal, AP, and coaches who would be outside.

Forum List

Back