Fact: If we had a GOP prez...and a Democrat Senate...and a liberal SCOTUS judge passed...

Here is the situation- I watched the GOP debate. It was some of the most ludicrous crap that I have ever seen. It was bad. There are divisions within the GOP. How many seats are opening up in the Senate and the House? It appears the budget is an issue and may not even get passed.

So, looking forward...........is this going to be the best move?

Flunked your civics class in high school I see!

I don't think you see anything.

Had you actually paid attention in class, you should not have to ask such a stupid question. All House seats are up for reelection and one-third of the Senate seats.

They will blow everything.
Here is the situation- I watched the GOP debate. It was some of the most ludicrous crap that I have ever seen. It was bad. There are divisions within the GOP. How many seats are opening up in the Senate and the House? It appears the budget is an issue and may not even get passed.

Had you actually paid attention in class, you should not have to ask such a stupid question. All House seats are up for reelection and one-third of the Senate seats.

You have 16 Republican incumbents retiring in the house and 3 in the senate. They will not be running for re-election.

You have 16 Republican incumbents retiring in the house and 3 in the senate. They will not be running for re-election.

So? Just like football in the south, we don't substitute, we just reload.

So? Just like football in the south, we don't substitute, we just reload.

You don't have anything to reload.

Dems would block it with all their might. Stop playing dumb you filthy faggot liberals. You'd do the exact same thing.
History proves you dead wrong:

"On Feb. 3, 1988, McConnell and literally every other GOP senator voted to confirm Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy. This was during President Ronald Reagan's last year in the White House, and at a time when Democrats controlled the Senate. Kennedy was confirmed 97-0, with three Democrats -- Joe Biden, Al Gore and Paul Simon -- not voting at all because, presumably, they were busy running for president that year."
Mitch McConnell Voted To Confirm A Supreme Court Justice In Reagan's Final Year

REAGAN NOMINATES ANTHONY KENNEDY TO SUPREME COURT
By LINDA GREENHOUSE, Special to the New York Times
Published: November 12, 1987
WASHINGTON, Nov. 11— President Reagan, stung by the failure of two nominations to the Supreme Court in the last three weeks, today nominated Judge Anthony M. Kennedy and expressed the hope that he could be confirmed quickly in a spirit of bipartisan cooperation"

Of course you didn't bother to mention that the dems killed the first two that were nominated, Kennedy was the third.

Not exactly! The facts are below...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsuccessful_nominations_to_the_Supreme_Court_of_the_United_States

Ronald Reagan[edit]
Main article: Robert Bork Supreme Court nomination
When Lewis Powell retired in July 1987, Reagan nominated Robert Bork. Bork was a member of the Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia at the time and known as a proponent of constitutional originalism. Bork lost confirmation by a Senate vote of 42 to 58, largely due to Bork's controversial opinions on constitutional issues and his role in the Nixon Saturday Night Massacre.

Reagan then announced his intention to nominate Douglas H. Ginsburg to the court. Before Ginsburg could be officially nominated, he withdrew himself from consideration under heavy pressure after revealing that he had smoked marijuana with his students while a professor at Harvard Law School. Reagan then nominated Anthony Kennedy, who was confirmed by a Senate vote of 97–0.

Bork was Nixon's "fixer" and as such should never have been considered for high office, let alone a lifetime appointment to a powerful position.

And...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Massacre

However, on the following day (a Saturday) Nixon ordered Attorney General Richardson to fire Cox. Richardson refused, and resigned in protest. Nixon then ordered Deputy Attorney General William Ruckelshaus to fire Cox. He also refused and resigned.[4][5]

Nixon then ordered the Solicitor General, Robert Bork (as acting head of the Justice Department), to fire Cox. Both Richardson and Ruckelshaus had given personal assurances to the congressional oversight committee that they would not interfere, but Bork had not. Though Bork claims that he believed Nixon's order to be valid and appropriate, he considered resigning to avoid being "perceived as a man who did the President's bidding to save my job."[6] Nevertheless, having been brought to the White House by limousine and sworn in as Acting Attorney General, Bork wrote the letter firing Cox.[7] Initially, the White House claimed to have fired Ruckelshaus, but as The Washington Post article written the next day pointed out, "The letter from the President to Bork also said Ruckelshaus resigned."

Bork was Nixon's hatchet man in the "Saturday Night Massacre".

Dems would block it with all their might. Stop playing dumb you filthy faggot liberals. You'd do the exact same thing.

"On Feb. 3, 1988, McConnell and literally every other GOP senator voted to confirm Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy. This was during President Ronald Reagan's last year in the White House, and at a time when Democrats controlled the Senate. Kennedy was confirmed 97-0, with three Democrats -- Joe Biden, Al Gore and Paul Simon -- not voting at all because, presumably, they were busy running for president that year."

WASHINGTON, Nov. 11— President Reagan, stung by the failure of two nominations to the Supreme Court in the last three weeks, today nominated Judge Anthony M. Kennedy and expressed the hope that he could be confirmed quickly in a spirit of bipartisan cooperation"

Of course you didn't bother to mention that the dems killed the first two that were nominated, Kennedy was the third.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsuccessful_nominations_to_the_Supreme_Court_of_the_United_States

Ronald Reagan[edit]
When Lewis Powell retired in July 1987, Reagan nominated Robert Bork. Bork was a member of the Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia at the time and known as a proponent of constitutional originalism. Bork lost confirmation by a Senate vote of 42 to 58, largely due to Bork's controversial opinions on constitutional issues and his role in the Nixon Saturday Night Massacre.

Reagan then announced his intention to nominate Douglas H. Ginsburg to the court. Before Ginsburg could be officially nominated, he withdrew himself from consideration under heavy pressure after revealing that he had smoked marijuana with his students while a professor at Harvard Law School. Reagan then nominated Anthony Kennedy, who was confirmed by a Senate vote of 97–0.

Bork was Nixon's "fixer" and as such should never have been considered for high office, let alone a lifetime appointment to a powerful position.

And...

However, on the following day (a Saturday) Nixon ordered Attorney General Richardson to fire Cox. Richardson refused, and resigned in protest. Nixon then ordered Deputy Attorney General William Ruckelshaus to fire Cox. He also refused and resigned.[4][5]

Nixon then ordered the Solicitor General, Robert Bork (as acting head of the Justice Department), to fire Cox. Both Richardson and Ruckelshaus had given personal assurances to the congressional oversight committee that they would not interfere, but Bork had not. Though Bork claims that he believed Nixon's order to be valid and appropriate, he considered resigning to avoid being "perceived as a man who did the President's bidding to save my job."[6] Nevertheless, having been brought to the White House by limousine and sworn in as Acting Attorney General, Bork wrote the letter firing Cox.[7] Initially, the White House claimed to have fired Ruckelshaus, but as The Washington Post article written the next day pointed out, "The letter from the President to Bork also said Ruckelshaus resigned."

It's so odd, isn't it? None of these whining bitches want to discuss the FACT that there were reasons why Bork was not confirmed. These fuckbags think denying a candidate BEFORE one is nominated is the same thing as denying Bork for damn good reasons.

Motherfucking losers.

Ronald Reagan[edit]

And...

Sad, a really good guy had to withdraw his name for using pot in college and now we have an admitted coke head in the white house. That's how far the country has fallen.

signe_wilkinson_current_cartoon_2016-02-15_5_.jpg

Wow cons still lick their wounds over Bjork. Too funny.

Don't worry cons, salvation is coming.

Forum List

Back