Eye Candy

426-934x.jpg
My first duty station in the Navy was on the Ship named after that.

USS Bryce Canyon AD-36 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Neat, did you get to sail cool places?
We used to call it Building 36 because it was so old we were afraid that it's boilers would die on us. It was stationed at Pearl Harbor Hawaii when I was there. We went on one cruise to Maui and spent the week there, and it lost power once on the way. It was a Destroyer Tender which is essentially a big mechanic shop on the water. It was a converted supply ship commissioned in 1950.

I did go places on the USS Kitty Hawk air-craft carrier. Went all over the Far East on that boat. Two West Pac cruises including Korea, Thailand, the Philippines, Japan, Guam, Hong Kong, Singapore, and cruised the Indian Ocean.

We used to call it Building 36 because it was so old we were afraid that it's boilers would die on us. It was stationed at Pearl Harbor Hawaii when I was there. We went on one cruise to Maui and spent the week there, and it lost power once on the way. It was a Destroyer Tender which is essentially a big mechanic shop on the water. It was a converted supply ship commissioned in 1950.

I did go places on the USS Kitty Hawk air-craft carrier. Went all over the Far East on that boat. Two West Pac cruises including Korea, Thailand, the Philippines, Japan, Guam, Hong Kong, Singapore, and cruised the Indian Ocean.

I have never been out of the Country before, sounds fun.

I have never been out of the Country before, sounds fun.
It's why I hate traveling.

Forum List

Back