Extreme heat in Arizona preventing planes from taking off and melting plastic and paint

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Arizona is no stranger to heat waves. But even by natives’ own high standards, the past week has been scorching. The Guinness World Record for hottest temperature ever recorded is 134 degrees Fahrenheit. In Phoenix and Tempe, Arizona, it’s touched 119 degrees and just barely gone below 90 at any point over the past week, according to the National Weather Service.

Extreme Heat in Arizona preventing planes from taking off and melting plastic and paint

It gets hot as hell in Az. it is dry heat but when you stay in the sun dry heat or not that heat is something else.

i was in Death Valley on July 4th in about 2004 , i saw 128 degrees at 6 at night just as the sun was going down . It was hot [and dry] . just a comment .

Arizona is no stranger to heat waves. But even by natives’ own high standards, the past week has been scorching. The Guinness World Record for hottest temperature ever recorded is 134 degrees Fahrenheit. In Phoenix and Tempe, Arizona, it’s touched 119 degrees and just barely gone below 90 at any point over the past week, according to the National Weather Service.

Extreme Heat in Arizona preventing planes from taking off and melting plastic and paint

It gets hot as hell in Az. it is dry heat but when you stay in the sun dry heat or not that heat is something else.
Were going into a La Niña phase and the wind patterns have already shifted.
Winter Predicton.JPG

Regional hot areas will happen..

Yes, it was really hot last week...up in the 100's in Northern California, finally cooled down.. I can't imagine what it is like in Arizona..
I had a layover once in Arizona, so awful hot I could never live there.

This week has been the hottest I can remember in 25 years. I have an interesting array of desert animals surviving in my patio garden including screech owls, quail, rabbits, dove and lizards. Sometimes all species will be within a few feet of each other in the shade under my lemon tree.

Yes, it was really hot last week...up in the 100's in Northern California, finally cooled down.. I can't imagine what it is like in Arizona..
---------------------------------- at least you have air conditioning , think what it was like for the settlers or 'indians' before the settlers. And when was it that air conditiong became common [1960s maybe] EWings .

• Banned
It hasn't rained in AZ esp. Tucson for almost a month. Tiny little pockets of places have almost rain lol
the cactus are even drying up and dying, now that's bad lmao.

---------------------------------- at least you have air conditioning , think what it was like for the settlers or 'indians' before the settlers. And when was it that air conditiong became common [1960s maybe] EWings .

Have you ever been to the Washington DC..? You can't even breath it is so humid and hot.. Those people wore layers and layers of clothing back in the 1700- 1920's ...

I run out and do my errands early and get home before it is hot... You are right , we are blessed to have cool air in our home..

What state do you live in Pismoe?

Right now it's 60 in KC. Had to come in off the deck earlier

I think my heat wave is heading your way gramps.. better stock up on that whisky and stay indoors ..lol
Central air! Ftw

I used to live in the sun during my younger days..Did you all have big outdoor concerts?
80% of the concerts I goto are outdoors. All at big amphitheatres or stadiums. I catch a few indoors here or there but those are usually the washed up artists

Arizona once had a week of 122 F.

Heat happens.
I've never been in that kind of heat. The hottest I remember was about 105 but we have retarded humidity here that makes it feel much hotter than it is.

It's different.

I once mowed a lawn in AZ (110 F) as a kid, then got on a plane and flew to Oaklahoma City (90 F/85% humidity). That afternoon I mowed a lawn there...I could not breath.

Totally different experiences...neither of them pleasant.

Palm Springs 115 back in 1971 didn't even break a sweat because it was dry heat. In the Midwest you can feel like you are roasting when it gets to 80 degrees because of the humidity.

Forum List

Back