Extreme Frigid Winter Forecast For 2014.Another "Al Gore Oops" In The Making?

so has the north pole melted yet?

we were not told by the GW nazis , but the southern pole has grown more ice than EVER :lol:

Antarctic Sea Ice Extent Breaking All Records | NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THAT

No, it has not. That is sea ice that almost competely goes away every year. The continental ice of Antarctica is decreasing in volume. Love it when people like you prove how truly ignorant and stupid you are.

The Antarctic's Ice Paradox | PBS NewsHour

The short answer is that the ice around Antarctica is growing, but the ice on the continent is shrinking, and both are a result of climate change. Just how much it's changing and how fast depends on where you look.

In some parts of the continent, the Antarctic ice is melting just as rapidly as the ice in the Arctic Circle. In fact, the Antarctic peninsula, which juts into the Southern Ocean, was one of the earliest climate change "hot spots", where rapid warming caused enormous segments of glaciers to break off into the ocean. In a recent study in the journal Nature Geoscience, new ice core data from James Ross Island, located at the northern tip of the peninsula, shows that warming on the peninsula has reached its highest rate in 1,000 years.

I am really concerned, when the north pole shrinks, where will all of the penguins go? Canada?

Penguins on the Arctic Ice? Wheeeee................................. Maybe another go at grade school would be of help for you.
comon, you know Im being saracastic! everyone knows Penguins live on the south pole (well, just the ones who voted for Romney)
But what about Sasquatch? wont it be too cold for them come December/January? they may even head south to the Mainland if it gets too cold in Alaska/Noth Pole.

so has the north pole melted yet?

we were not told by the GW nazis , but the southern pole has grown more ice than EVER :lol:

No, it has not. That is sea ice that almost competely goes away every year. The continental ice of Antarctica is decreasing in volume. Love it when people like you prove how truly ignorant and stupid you are.

The short answer is that the ice around Antarctica is growing, but the ice on the continent is shrinking, and both are a result of climate change. Just how much it's changing and how fast depends on where you look.

In some parts of the continent, the Antarctic ice is melting just as rapidly as the ice in the Arctic Circle. In fact, the Antarctic peninsula, which juts into the Southern Ocean, was one of the earliest climate change "hot spots", where rapid warming caused enormous segments of glaciers to break off into the ocean. In a recent study in the journal Nature Geoscience, new ice core data from James Ross Island, located at the northern tip of the peninsula, shows that warming on the peninsula has reached its highest rate in 1,000 years.

A serious question then: why is seasonal ice increasing while the glaciers are melting?

I would think that the 2 are mutually exclusive. Understand that I am not saying that is not what is happening but I am interested in WHY that happens.

A serious question then: why is seasonal ice increasing while the glaciers are melting?

I would think that the 2 are mutually exclusive. Understand that I am not saying that is not what is happening but I am interested in WHY that happens.

Higher temperatures globally have increased evaporation and thus humidity is up. It's still more than cold enough in Antarctica to snow and so it does. The loss of the ice shelves has dramatically accelerated the glacial flow of ice from land to sea.

so what happened to the intense tornado season? i dont recall any towns flattened by an F-6 hurricane this summer. Oh, yes, they were eaten alive by either El Nina, or Loo Lina? La Nana?

i just can't wait to hear the excuses from the left come january when the average temp in the USA is 15 degrees. Maybe Al Gore will claim that "Global Warming Causes Winter Weather".

They have already claimed that global warming causes colder weather. There is no end to what they have claimed global warming can cause.

Farmer's Almanac? Is that what the 3% is resorting to these days?!?! :lmao:

I think I will bookmark this conversation to remind you next summer how accurate the Farmer's Almanac was when contrasted to climate science. Have you ever looked at the historical accuracy of the Farmer's Almanac?

Historically, they are in the 80% range. Climate science, and even meteorology would kill for a historical accuracy of 80%.

I am really concerned, when the north pole shrinks, where will all of the penguins go? Canada?

Penguins on the Arctic Ice? Wheeeee................................. Maybe another go at grade school would be of help for you.
comon, you know Im being saracastic! everyone knows Penguins live on the south pole (well, just the ones who voted for Romney)
But what about Sasquatch? wont it be too cold for them come December/January? they may even head south to the Mainland if it gets too cold in Alaska/Noth Pole.

Warmers have no sense of humor...they are all tight assed old women.

The fact is that we don't know why. We do know that it has happened before.....repeatedly. We do know that it has been happening throughout the exit from the current ice age. We do know that it isn't unprecedented or unusual. The historical facts tell us that the present climate is just business as usual on planet earth.

and according to Michael Moore, this video is responsible for another castastrophe that happened during the "Bush Years"
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=149jGeIlx3I]Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby - video original - YouTube[/ame]

Hey Tiger....hope you keep stopping in. We have a hoot in here at the expense of these miserable and perpetually angst people who are all in on AGW. This is my daily comedy stop every day but truth is, Ive always loved making fun of eccentric oddballs with narcissistic tendencies.

Some people post here as though they believe that if they can convince enough people to join them in their beliefs, then that will somehow effect the climate.

What I do not get is the ANGER with those who have a different POV.

The World's Climate is going to do what it does regardless of what any of us believe.

Getting angry with those who think it is changing (or not changing) is rather silly.

The ice shelves in the Antarctic are melting from the bottom up. That allows the continental glaciers to move faster than the snow replenishes them. And that is why the continent is loosing ice volume. However, as the ice shelves melt, they decrease the salinity of the surface layer of the ocean around the continent. That decrease in salinity allows the surface to freeze at a lower temperature than normal sea water does. Hence, you get an increase in amount of seasonal sea ice around Antarctica.

Forum List

Back