Explosives from Iran weakening security in Iraq, commander says

Yup, no connection to the thousands of Muslim terrorists murdering fellow Muslims and infidels , they are all just single individuals with no common factor what so ever.

Please be so kind as to illuminate us with the massive attacks on Arabs and Muslims inside the US for BEING Muslim or Arab. Ohh wait, I know, the press and the Government are covering up all these senseless acts of terror by US citizens on other US citizens.

I suggest you wear " I am an American" T-Shirt and go visit Afghanistan, Pakistan, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Iran or Saudia Arabia ohh and be sure to carry a Christian Bible with you and tell us IF you get back how safe those streets are.

And do call up the authorities in those countries and complain that some citizen flushed a bible down a toilet and tell us how fast they arrest the culprit and charge them with a Hate crime.

Go to one of those Countries and ask to build a Church and tell us what the results of THAT request was. While your there be sure to complain about the anti Christian cartoons in the papers and the TV programs that claim Jews steal Muslim babies to bleed dry for religious ceremonies. Get back to us on your results.

And do all this wearing a skirt and sleeveless blouse. ( I am assuming your female).

Your post seems to imply that I try to go shove my countries ways down their throat and then condem them when they dont fall down on their knees in joy. Why do they have to be a reflection of the US? You are so deep inside your arrogance that you dont even realize your are demanding that people be like us and infer they are bad when they arent.

We have our problems, they have theirs. How come our "problems" dont indict our entire nation and culture but theirs do?

I think I already said that if you go to Iran you must wear a hijab as is the law so why do you suggest I go into a nation, break the law and pretend to be surprised this dosent go over well. Shall a muslim come to america and have many wives and expect to have that go over well? In america we dont make room for that "religious freedom" do we? We dont let gays marry either because our country reflects the judeo christian marriage and its the ONLY kind available in america.

Please give me the statistic on how many people are in prison for flushing a Koran.

They DO have churches in Iran already AND they have a jewish population too and they have synagogues too! Now your ignorance is REALLY starting to show!

Are you implying that the American military and the Israeli military are any less dangerous than the muslim terrorist groups you speak of? Are our militaries not killing thousands of innocent people, occupying them, imprisoning them, overthrowing their leaders and govts, imposing economic oppression and systems they resist etc.

How many of their bases are IN our nation that belong to another nation? How would you like a Chinese or a Saudi military base in our nation? How many foreign nations have access to our bases? How many foreign nations control our airspace? Oh wait, thats all stuff we do to THEM and seem to think thats just fine and they shouldnt complain.

How many nations have overthrown our govt and installed a dictator we had to endure? How many times has their region come to ours and drew our borders as they see fit and even give a section away to some people from their region that want to have it as their own nation and the people we have living there now will just have to scram?

Yea they are so dangerous and we are just such good guys. :rolleyes: Guess what, live isnt like TV, its not all good guys vs bad guys either. No one is perfect but we are responsible for what we do and to try to live up to our own moral standards. By not facing our own brutality and trying to paint ourselves as some "good guy" against the inferior savages, we will in reality, be nothing more than inferior savages.

Dont tell me there isnt racial profiling and harrassment of arab organizations and muslim organizations...you just cant be that naive and unaware. I recall some lady overheard arabs laughing in a restaurant on the anniversary on 9/11 and called the police and what a big circle jerk followed that and they WERE ONLY GUILTY OF BEING ARABS. Then there was the whole entire highway being shut down over 3 arabs in a car!!!! We labeled them terrorists and it turned out they were completely innocent, they were medical students just as they said they were.

Racism against arabs is the new "accepted" bigotry.

I won't hold my breath, BUT I repeat, provide evidence of how unsafe it is to be an Arab Muslim in the United States. You made a claim, now back it up. As for the rest, once you prove your claim we will talk again about how safe it is to be a Christian American in those Countries.

I guess you missed the thread right here on this board where an American is being charged with a Hate Crime for putting a Koran in a toilet. Par for the course. Your hate filled diatribe just shows your ignorance. I really must ask, How old are you?

Do me a favor and don't pretend you give one good rat's ass about our troops or the Iraqis they are helping. And little miss idiot, last I checked Iraq had a series of elections, no one installed a dictator there at all.

I won't hold my breath, BUT I repeat, provide evidence of how unsafe it is to be an Arab Muslim in the United States. You made a claim, now back it up. As for the rest, once you prove your claim we will talk again about how safe it is to be a Christian American in those Countries.

I guess you missed the thread right here on this board where an American is being charged with a Hate Crime for putting a Koran in a toilet. Par for the course. Your hate filled diatribe just shows your ignorance. I really must ask, How old are you?

Do me a favor and don't pretend you give one good rat's ass about our troops or the Iraqis they are helping. And little miss idiot, last I checked Iraq had a series of elections, no one installed a dictator there at all.

I dont think its particularly unsafe to be any particular race in any particular nation...and I also dont think anywhere is really "safe". Bad things can happen anywhere and they do.

With that said, It is a fact that arabs are now undergoing a bigotry that has wide acceptance and they are being racially profiled and harrassed. Keep playing dumb, at least you are consistant.

It is just as safe for christians in those nations as it is for anyone else. They have christians and jews in those nations, they have churches and synogogues and they arent living in hiding in those nations.

You got one weird case for proof that people will go to prison for flushing a koran? LOL, so in other words we dont actually have a law or issue at all really, just you grasping at straws and pretending one or two anomolies make the rule. How positively dishonest of you!

I am an adult, mother of a teenager...I guess its better to ask me personal details so you can make it personal and avoid discussing issues based on the merits of the issue. I can see why, you arent very well informed. You didnt even seem to know they have churches and synogogues with christian and jewish populations!

Elections during a foreign occupation!!! THAT is not an election, thats a show! They have already been through that bit with the brits and are well versed how the invaders who come in the name of democracy fill your govt with puppets who place the needs of the occupiers first and foremost. I dont think they are falling for it again. Just cause you fall for some of the most transparent old gags dosent mean other people will.

I dont think its particularly unsafe to be any particular race in any particular nation...and I also dont think anywhere is really "safe". Bad things can happen anywhere and they do.

With that said, It is a fact that arabs are now undergoing a bigotry that has wide acceptance and they are being racially profiled and harrassed. Keep playing dumb, at least you are consistant.

It is just as safe for christians in those nations as it is for anyone else. They have christians and jews in those nations, they have churches and synogogues and they arent living in hiding in those nations.

You got one weird case for proof that people will go to prison for flushing a koran? LOL, so in other words we dont actually have a law or issue at all really, just you grasping at straws and pretending one or two anomolies make the rule. How positively dishonest of you!

I am an adult, mother of a teenager...I guess its better to ask me personal details so you can make it personal and avoid discussing issues based on the merits of the issue. I can see why, you arent very well informed. You didnt even seem to know they have churches and synogogues with christian and jewish populations!

Elections during a foreign occupation!!! THAT is not an election, thats a show! They have already been through that bit with the brits and are well versed how the invaders who come in the name of democracy fill your govt with puppets who place the needs of the occupiers first and foremost. I dont think they are falling for it again. Just cause you fall for some of the most transparent old gags dosent mean other people will.

YOU are so ill informed it boogles the mind. Yup sure thing,millions if Iraqis risk their lives to vote for puppets, your ignorant of some basic facts. Once again YOU claimed Arab Muslims were in danger in this country just for being that. PROVIDE some proof or admit your full of it.

YOU accused our troops of murder and mayhem, yet want to pretend you support them. YOU claim that everyone, of all political sides are wrong when they say if we leave it will get MUCH worse in Iraq. Yet claim you care about the Iraqis. At least people like Maineman are honest about their disregard for the lives of the average Iraqi.

Muslims in this country are protected by law, they can not be "profiled" legally. Go ahead and explain how they get profiled at airpoint check points and else where. Your ignorance is astounding. List some of these cases of profiling and of attacks and harrassment. I mean you insist it is wide spread and prevasive, cant be to hard to provide a bunch of examples.

I provided you with an example of how our laws protect even their holy book and call it a hate crime for flushing a book. And your response is "its an anomaly" In Gitmo even the prisoners there are provided the Koran and if it is touched wrong the Government PUNISHES the guard that did it.

You are aware that in Saudia Arabia and Iran the Christian and Jews are prevented by Government order from building new religious buildings? That they can NOT openly carry their religious text? That they can not talk about their religion to ANY Muslim? That they have to get special permission JUST to repair their religious buildings? That they are treated as second class citizens? Most have fled over the years because or REAL persecution, not the imagined type you can't even provide evidence of here. That women are almost property in those Countries? In Saudia Arabia women are not even allowed to drive a car. In Pakistan a women is raped and then convicted of having sex with her rapists out of wedlock and stoned or shunned? That a large segment of Muslims murder their own female children if they are raped because of the "shame". And do Honor Killings?

YOU are so ill informed it boogles the mind. Yup sure thing,millions if Iraqis risk their lives to vote for puppets, your ignorant of some basic facts. Once again YOU claimed Arab Muslims were in danger in this country just for being that. PROVIDE some proof or admit your full of it.

YOU accused our troops of murder and mayhem, yet want to pretend you support them. YOU claim that everyone, of all political sides are wrong when they say if we leave it will get MUCH worse in Iraq. Yet claim you care about the Iraqis. At least people like Maineman are honest about their disregard for the lives of the average Iraqi.

Muslims in this country are protected by law, they can not be "profiled" legally. Go ahead and explain how they get profiled at airpoint check points and else where. Your ignorance is astounding. List some of these cases of profiling and of attacks and harrassment. I mean you insist it is wide spread and prevasive, cant be to hard to provide a bunch of examples.

I provided you with an example of how our laws protect even their holy book and call it a hate crime for flushing a book. And your response is "its an anomaly" In Gitmo even the prisoners there are provided the Koran and if it is touched wrong the Government PUNISHES the guard that did it.

You are aware that in Saudia Arabia and Iran the Christian and Jews are prevented by Government order from building new religious buildings? That they can NOT openly carry their religious text? That they can not talk about their religion to ANY Muslim? That they have to get special permission JUST to repair their religious buildings? That they are treated as second class citizens? Most have fled over the years because or REAL persecution, not the imagined type you can't even provide evidence of here. That women are almost property in those Countries? In Saudia Arabia women are not even allowed to drive a car. In Pakistan a women is raped and then convicted of having sex with her rapists out of wedlock and stoned or shunned? That a large segment of Muslims murder their own female children if they are raped because of the "shame". And do Honor Killings?

I think you should re-read and apply your reading comprehension skills.

I have already cited examples of the muslim hysteria. But that dosent mean that christians are in danger in Iran or that muslims are IN DANGER in america. It means we are more alike than different, somthing you dont want to face or admit. It means bad things happen everywhere and its not especially dangerous for christians in Iran, not anymore than it is for muslims in the states. There is certainly probably a more acceptable bigotry to groups that are a minority in a society....thats why bigotry is wrong no matter who is endorsing it.

You dont think an aggressive invasion followed by a foreign occupation is murder and mayhem? Does the truth hurt? The soldiers didnt make those decisions, other people made those decisions FOR the soldiers and are guilty of gross mis-use of the soldiers and a blatent disregard for their lives.

Is your reading comprehension improving yet?

Lets not pretend you know what goes in Gitmo, if you did then you would have to remove your ostrich head from your ostrich butt and realize that we use torture as official policy now.

When we first leave, it might be worse, it might not. No one has that crystal ball to know for sure...what we DO know is that no nation can self determine under foriegn occupation. We created this and we cant keep hiding from the mess we made by pretending that we can fix it, we cant and they will certainly suffer long and hard over it. The least we can do is get the hell out and let them get to the business of cleaning up the mess we made of their nation.

I am very well aware that middle eastern nations have their problems, I am aware we do too. I can also make it sound like we are just the worst culture around with our crime rate, our obesity, our greed, our divorce rate, our poverty rate, our people who un-insured, our problems with domestic abuse, our corrupt govt etc. I am not sure what the point would be though, we all have our problems and each of us have the right to take care of our own problems and not have other nations force their ideas onto us.

Last I checked, you need building permits in the US too and not just for religious buildings. Even improvements or repairs (especially to very old and historical buildings and sites) are also going to need some kind of permission. They do carry their religious books openly and they attend their services, now you are just making stuff up. They are not allowed to try and convert muslims.

Now as you seem to have soooo many problems on how they run things INSIDE their country you should remember there are plenty of people in the world who have problems with the way we do things INSIDE the country and you should allow them the same right you want for yourself...that no one actively interferre from outside to CHANGE any of those things.

Now you just seem to be down to good ol fashioned bigot type bashing...having fun with that? Is that gonna be your rationale to support invasion of yet another nation....you dont like how they run their country and their culture is too foreign for you?

Your Ignorant. Your willfully Ignorant. The Ostrich is not me. They DO have medication that can help with your delusional belief system. But first you have to ask for help.

then this is yet another area where we must respectfully agree to disagee.

Not one US pilot flying CAP missions over Iraq was ever shot down my Iraqi AA fire. why not? because it was old and antiquated technology and our pilots knew it. Would you be concerned if Iraqis had hurled stones at our CAP aircraft? Or does the fact that they were quote- missiles - unquote - even though those "missiles" were known by our pilots to be ineffective, make it something different? I suppose if one of them had been shot done we would be hearing all kinds of stuff about pilots being sent into battle ill-equipped. What about 20MM AA fire that could not reach the altitude our pilots flew at?? would that be any different than throwing stones?

Making excuses for the Iraqi's firing on US aircraft seems inappropriate. I know darn well that you don't mean to imply that it is ok for the the Iraqiis to break a cease fire. or do you?

Whether or not you "buy" the fact that AQ is as strong today as it was on 9/11 before we flushed a half a trillion dollars, 30K dead and wounded Americans, and the goodwill of the world down the shitter is really irrelevant. That isn't the part I am not buying. The part I am not buying is the "WE" part. President Bush's own CIA has stated as much. Are thy lying and what do YOU know that they do not?

I agree that AQ is "stronger" than on 9/11; I explained why I believe that as well though I guess I should have been more direct. They are stronger because of the support they receive not only form the Islamic world but from the citizens of our own country. They are being told daily that they are winning, their tactics are effective and that if they just hold out a bit longer, the US will quit.

I agree that AQ is "stronger" than on 9/11; I explained why I believe that as well though I guess I should have been more direct. They are stronger because of the support they receive not only form the Islamic world but from the citizens of our own country. They are being told daily that they are winning, their tactics are effective and that if they just hold out a bit longer, the US will quit.

if you think that young disaffected arab youth - most of whom have been raised in the madrassa system and fed a steady diet of western hatred and islamic extremist visions for the future - actually even KNOW a thing about what the tenor and content of the debate here in America vis a vis the war in Iraq is all about and actually gain some measurable degree of motivation from that debate, I might say you are kidding yourself, but instead, I will just say that we disagree.

Your Ignorant. Your willfully Ignorant. The Ostrich is not me. They DO have medication that can help with your delusional belief system. But first you have to ask for help.

You are always heavy on rhetoric but light on facts. Has the torture and other crimes coming from our OWN side escaped your notice or shall those be cast off as "a few bad apples" while crimes coming from their side remain an indictment of their entire nation and culture?

Why no answers to these simple questions.

1. How many middle eastern nations have overthrown leaders in the western ones and installed a dicatator?

2. How many nations have Iran or the middle eastern nations invaded in the last 100 years?

3. How many times has the middle eastern region gone into north america or europe and redrawn our borders and when did they slice a big chunk to give to middle easterners from their own region who had a desire to create a new nation for themselves?

4. How many times have they used nuclear bombs on anyone?

Answer those questions for their region and ours and you will see a pretty stunning difference. Its pretty ridiculous to pretend they are MORE dangerous than the US (or even europe) is. Our actions and policies seem to favor denial of self determination and rule. All the rhetoric about how they want to take us over is more of a projection, actions say its quite the reverse. It is the western world that seem to want to, and actively do try to take them over.

You are always heavy on rhetoric but light on facts. Has the torture and other crimes coming from our OWN side escaped your notice or shall those be cast off as "a few bad apples" while crimes coming from their side remain an indictment of their entire nation and culture?

Why no answers to these simple questions.

1. How many middle eastern nations have overthrown leaders in the western ones and installed a dicatator?

2. How many nations have Iran or the middle eastern nations invaded in the last 100 years?

3. How many times has the middle eastern region gone into north america or europe and redrawn our borders and when did they slice a big chunk to give to middle easterners from their own region who had a desire to create a new nation for themselves?

4. How many times have they used nuclear bombs on anyone?

Answer those questions for their region and ours and you will see a pretty stunning difference. Its pretty ridiculous to pretend they are MORE dangerous than the US (or even europe) is. Our actions and policies seem to favor denial of self determination and rule. All the rhetoric about how they want to take us over is more of a projection, actions say its quite the reverse. It is the western world that seem to want to, and actively do try to take them over.

Ya know sometimes in my dreams I wonder what the world would be like if the US REALLY were the monster people like you try to paint us to be. Just think we would have no deficit because we would just tell countries we weren't gonna pay. Iraq would be a giant glass bowl and so would Iran. Because after all, you can drill through glass. We would have no trade deficits as we would just invade any country foolish enough to make a profit off us.

The list is just endless if we were the criminals, thugs and murderers people like you think we are.

Ya know sometimes in my dreams I wonder what the world would be like if the US REALLY were the monster people like you try to paint us to be. Just think we would have no deficit because we would just tell countries we weren't gonna pay. Iraq would be a giant glass bowl and so would Iran. Because after all, you can drill through glass. We would have no trade deficits as we would just invade any country foolish enough to make a profit off us.

The list is just endless if we were the criminals, thugs and murderers people like you think we are.

Nice way to dodge the merits of the issues isnt it?

I wonder what life would really be like if muslims/arabs/the middle east were really the monster people we make them out to be.

Your problem is that you think in absolutes and try to hang onto a fictionalized image of the US. The US population are just like the rest of the worlds population, full of good and bad.

The US govt is one of the most powerful AND most corrupt in the world and when a corrupt entity has as much power as the US does, it means the damage they inflict will be more widespread and affect more people. This is why such having such power is a RESPONSIBILITY, one we have not lived up to very well at all.

I noticed that you didnt want to answer the questions, I wonder why that is.

Your attempts to try to oversimplify is just more ostrich behavior.

Ruby, RGS pretty much sucks at meaningful debate. When it gets too complicated for him to give an adequate rebuttal, he resorts to labelling you as a nut who needs meds. It's his favorite tactic to fall back on.

It's got to be pretty hard for people who spent the better part of their lives serving the US military to allow themselves to entertain the thought that their service was in vain, and only aided in the agenda of murdering innocent people for money and power.

Have you ever killed anyone in combat RGS?

Ruby, RGS pretty much sucks at meaningful debate. When it gets too complicated for him to give an adequate rebuttal, he resorts to labelling you as a nut who needs meds. It's his favorite tactic to fall back on.

It's got to be pretty hard for people who spent the better part of their lives serving the US military to allow themselves to entertain the thought that their service was in vain, and only aided in the agenda of murdering innocent people for money and power.

Have you ever killed anyone in combat RGS?

Your right to even exist in a free society is because "idiots" like me served in the military. Your right to label the military as murderous scum and baby killers also is because people are willing to serve to protect your sorry ass.

Do go on and explain to us all how stupid, ignorant and brain washed our military is.

I have no problems allowing myself to entertain such a thought. I entertain it, consider it, and then discard it because I am confident that I did no such thing and am, in fact, quite proud of my service keeping Ivan from turning you - or your parents - into radioactive smoke.

I have no problems allowing myself to entertain such a thought. I entertain it, consider it, and then discard it because I am confident that I did no such thing and am, in fact, quite proud of my service keeping Ivan from turning you - or your parents - into radioactive smoke.

Yeah.....You're my hero...!!!

MM.."if you think that young disaffected arab youth - most of whom have been raised in the madrassa system and fed a steady diet of western hatred and islamic extremist visions for the future - actually even KNOW a thing about what the tenor and content of the debate here in America vis a vis the war in Iraq is all about and actually gain some measurable degree of motivation from that debate, I might say you are kidding yourself, but instead, I will just say that we disagree."

You've actually got one thing right ...about Madrassa system and the steady diet of western hatred and islamic extremist visions for the future ...
absolutely right...then in the next breathe you say this "disaffected Arab youth" knows nothing of debate in America...and are motivated by events in Iraq...?
Well just where the hell do you think they get their information about events in Iraq...
or what the hell do you think they are told about the debate in America....???

the source in the same, dude....and if perchance they ever run across some of your posts in cyberspace, they could use them in feeding these youth what they will understand to be anti-American rantings from our own....

MM.."if you think that young disaffected arab youth - most of whom have been raised in the madrassa system and fed a steady diet of western hatred and islamic extremist visions for the future - actually even KNOW a thing about what the tenor and content of the debate here in America vis a vis the war in Iraq is all about and actually gain some measurable degree of motivation from that debate, I might say you are kidding yourself, but instead, I will just say that we disagree."
I think I have made that exact point.... saying that the western media or the internet is enhancing recruiting efforts for Al Qaeda is patently ridiculous

You've actually got one thing right ...about Madrassa system and the steady diet of western hatred and islamic extremist visions for the future ...
absolutely right...then in the next breathe you say this "disaffected Arab youth" knows nothing of debate in America...and are motivated by events in Iraq...?
Well just where the hell do you think they get their information about events in Iraq...

the source in the same, dude....and if perchance they ever run across some of your posts in cyberspace, they could use them in feeding these youth what they will understand to be anti-American rantings from our own.

I think that the events that happen in Iraq are well known on the arab "street" and well covered by arab media. I do not think that the political debate in America gets the same scrutiny.

And regarding my posts, I have always been a staunch supporter of going after AL Qaeda... I doubt that any member of that organization would gain any solace from reading my remarks.

hahaha, thank you dirt, you made me laugh again :).

Wow. Is this a new revelation that just happened during the course of this thread or is this you talking out of both sides of your ass again? Your whole online gimmick is that we're a dangerous, murderous regime whose foreign policies are rooted in global domination and that we must be stopped. Now you're saying we're the keystone cops of world imperalism. So which one are we Cap? We can't be both.

"I think I have made that exact point.... saying that the western media or the internet is enhancing recruiting efforts for Al Qaeda is patently ridiculous"..MM
--------------
Well, let me tell you what I think....

I think the western (liberal) media and the Internet is a freekin' treasure trove to the propaganda pushers in Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Egypt and anywhere else in the world that Islamic radicals feed the "disaffected Muslim youth" the bullshit they need to reinforce the hatred normally fed to them.....to believe otherwise is naive....

and I at least try to take care in what I say to not aggravate that FACT...even our own home-grown Mulsim fanatics would take great solace with some of the crap posted on this site....reinforcing what they already believe about this country.....

I think I have made that exact point.... saying that the western media or the internet is enhancing recruiting efforts for Al Qaeda is patently ridiculous

the source in the same, dude....and if perchance they ever run across some of your posts in cyberspace, they could use them in feeding these youth what they will understand to be anti-American rantings from our own.

I think that the events that happen in Iraq are well known on the arab "street" and well covered by arab media. I do not think that the political debate in America gets the same scrutiny.

And regarding my posts, I have always been a staunch supporter of going after AL Qaeda... I doubt that any member of that organization would gain any solace from reading my remarks.

Bullshit---Al Qaeda is all over Iraq like stink on shit and you wanna run. I can hear the whining already--part 2 of---" Bin Laden is still alive-why did we leave Afghanistan without finishing the job?"

Your right to even exist in a free society is because "idiots" like me served in the military. Your right to label the military as murderous scum and baby killers also is because people are willing to serve to protect your sorry ass.

Do go on and explain to us all how stupid, ignorant and brain washed our military is.

You are an absolutely perfect example of how well propaganda works. There is a great documentary called "why we fight".....you really should see it.

The idea that we MUST FIGHT all the time is ridiculous. Our freedoms dont come from soldiers...they come from US. They come from activists, people who vote, people who stay informed and PARTICIPATE in the nations affairs. Soldiers defend the nation from outside invaders...

Ignoring that our own govt and keeping a society free is really somthing achieved by ALL citizens is a fact that is always buried. Instead we are lead down the path that only FIGHTING and VIOLENCE save us and protect us. I guess it helps discourage being informed and particpating in the nations affairs on a daily basis.

http://www.sonyclassics.com/whywefight/

Forum List

Back