EXPLOSIVE NEW AUDIO Reveals White House Using NEA to Push Partisan Agenda

Sounds like at least one lib is already on the 100 foot Barry statue committee...

Don't EVER make the mistake of thinking you know what Ravi is thinking. Words just leak out of her head in no particular order as long as they are oopposed to whatever you just said.
You believe the NEA should hand out grants without guidelines? Because that is what the right is saying here...now, if you think the NEA should be abolished, that's another story.

Why is this "EXPLOSIVE" again?
1.NEA gets grants from the GOV.
2. NEA distributes grants.
3.NEA and GOV contact grant recipitants requests them to create pro obama art.
4.Pro Obama work is created .
5.VaYank scratches head.

Another day, another Obama scandal....

This is a scandal? Good lord but where have you people been all these years? Motion pictures have been made at the direction of govt. since the motion picture was invented, and art has been funded and (through that funding) directed messages since antiquity.

Remember the movies that turned Joseph Stalin into "Uncle Joe" during WWII?
Remember the red baiting movies that followed the start of the cold war?
Coincidence?

We've fallen behind in education in the sciences.
CSI, NCIS, Bones...that a coincidence too?

The agenda in the arts has always been suggested, and largely followed, it is business, and the leaders of education, industry, and government all get together with every other business to set agendas. Yearly.

This story is potentially very significant and has been in the works for some time now.

The next 72 hours heading into the weekend will determine if this thing has legs or will be pushed aside by the mainstream press.

The implications for this story are great - and watch for some equally disturbing labor union story to unfold within the next couple of weeks as well.

This White House is bracing for a sh-t storm...

1.NEA gets grants from the GOV.
2. NEA distributes grants.
3.NEA and GOV contact grant recipitants requests them to create pro obama art.
4.Pro Obama work is created .
5.VaYank scratches head.

This is a scandal? Good lord but where have you people been all these years? Motion pictures have been made at the direction of govt. since the motion picture was invented, and art has been funded and (through that funding) directed messages since antiquity.

Coincidence?

The agenda in the arts has always been suggested, and largely followed, it is business, and the leaders of education, industry, and government all get together with every other business to set agendas. Yearly.

Yes, it's a scandal. Crony Capitalism and pushing partisan agendas is wrong. It's time to put an end to it.

This story is potentially very significant and has been in the works for some time now.

The next 72 hours heading into the weekend will determine if this thing has legs or will be pushed aside by the mainstream press.

The implications for this story are great - and watch for some equally disturbing labor union story to unfold within the next couple of weeks as well.

This White House is bracing for a sh-t storm...

You all keep digging dry holes. It keeps you off the streets, and there's no real damage. Keep up the "good work" and you may get some nice Tonka Twucks in your Christmas stockings. :rolleyes:

Coincidence?

Yes, it's a scandal. Crony Capitalism and pushing partisan agendas is wrong. It's time to put an end to it.

Oh, sure, NOW its "time to put an end to it." :dig:

Coincidence?

:lol: So you think that because it's been done by previous administration that somehow makes it okay? :lol:

No disrespect, but your attitude is what's wrong with America.

:lol: So you think that because it's been done by previous administration that somehow makes it okay? :lol:

I should put my hammer away because it is driving a nail in a way you don't approve of? :lol:

You believe the NEA should hand out grants without guidelines?

I could be wrong, but I think the issue is that a commitment to produce art that promotes the president's agenda is among the guidlines used to qualify for a grant.

I wonder if they've picked out the location for the 100 ft. tall Barry 0bama statue yet... Hmmmmm....

Perhaps a tax on art supplies can defray the cost...

urlthumbnail_id_1049567761253_f-sad2.jpg

well in time like all dictators..................

I could be wrong, but I think the issue is that a commitment to produce art that promotes the president's agenda is among the guidlines used to qualify for a grant.
Which agenda would that be? On the NEA's website is a list of what they promote. Nothing sounds sinister or even remotely like an Obama agenda.

I should put my hammer away because it is driving a nail in a way you don't approve of? :lol:

We're clear that you believe Crony Capitalism and the WH pushing partisan agendas is okay. That's what you have admitted to, and you've used the age-old excuse that 'other administrations have done it!' At least I know where you're coming from. What's sad is that you're not the only one who believes that.

ABC news picking up on the story. At this point, hardly a hard hitting report, and attempting to spin the White House in a somewhat positive light...

___

The point of the call was to encourage voluntary participation in a national service initiative by the arts community," White House spokesman Bill Burton told ABC News. "To the extent there was any misunderstanding about what the NEA may do to support the national service initiative, we will correct it. We regret any comments on the call that may have been misunderstood or troubled other participants. We are fully committed to the NEA's historic mission, and we will take all steps necessary to ensure that there is no further cause for questions or concerns about that commitment."

In the call, Yossi Sergant, then the NEA's communications director, seemed to encourage the listeners to create art to further the president's goals by promoting the United We Serve campaign and create art specific to areas of health care, education and the environment.

..."Government agencies are not supposed to be engaged in political activities," Sloan said. "Here, because they didn't veer off into 'This is about the election,' where you'd get into violations of the Hatch Act, it's not illegal. But it doesn't look good -- it looks terrible. It's inappropriate."

The Hatch Act restricts the political activity of executive branch employees of the federal government.

Said Sloan of the conference call: "It's not what the NEA was created for, it's not supposed to be helping the president's agenda; that's not the point."

After 'Inappropriate' NEA Conference Call, White House Pushes New Guidelines - Political Punch

Which agenda would that be? On the NEA's website is a list of what they promote. Nothing sounds sinister or even remotely like an Obama agenda.

If any of the allegations are true, I seriously doubt they would be putting it up on their website. :cuckoo:

We're clear that you believe Crony Capitalism and the WH pushing partisan agendas is okay. That's what you have admitted to, and you've used the age-old excuse that 'other administrations have done it!' At least I know where you're coming from. What's sad is that you're not the only one who believes that.

We would also have to agree that national service, health, education, and the environment are purely "partisan" issues, and not things the republicans would ever be a part of. Does that pretty well sum it up? :eusa_whistle:

We would also have to agree that national service, health, education, and the environment are purely "partisan" issues, and not things the republicans would ever be a part of. Does that pretty well sum it up? :eusa_whistle:

I'm not really up on what the Republican Party is "part of," but I believe you are incorrect. For instance, the EPA was started by a Republican. George W. Bush pushed for the No Child Left Behind initiative. The Republican Party believes in healthcare reform, but believes that if not done correctly, it will result in inefficiencies and cost overruns like Medicare, for example. As far as national service goes, I don't believe they want to force anyone to give of their time against their will. Again, you'll have to talk to a Republican about this. Better yet, use the internet to get your answers. You certainly seem to have a lot to learn. Good luck.

I'm not really up on what the Republican Party is "part of," but I believe you are incorrect. For instance, the EPA was started by a Republican. George W. Bush pushed for the No Child Left Behind initiative. The Republican Party believes in healthcare reform, but believes that if not done correctly, it will result in inefficiencies and cost overruns like Medicare, for example. As far as national service goes, I don't believe they want to force anyone to give of their time against their will. Again, you'll have to talk to a Republican about this. Better yet, use the internet to get your answers. You certainly seem to have a lot to learn. Good luck.

You dismantled the empty rhetoric of that previous poster quite well!

:clap2:

Forum List

Back