Explain this:

Windship

VIP Member
May 27, 2014
During the years from about 1915 to 1970 tour economy flourished and was very healthy. We were the number 1 consumer nation, we made the best quality goods and everyone made money. Now from 1970 to now, the place is fallin apart! So, what have we done differently?

During the years from about 1915 to 1970 tour economy flourished and was very healthy. We were the number 1 consumer nation, we made the best quality goods and everyone made money. Now from 1970 to now, the place is fallin apart! So, what have we done differently?
We forgot to have another Great Depression..

We forgot to have another Great Depression..
You should see life outside your plantation....

[/QUOTE]
You should see life outside your plantation....[/QUOTE]

What do you mean?

Well....actually....all of that is still true....except the "everybody" part.

Having lived in the 70s I disagree that things now are that much worse then they were. Back then a color TV was still pricey. Now we carry one in our pocket and can call mom with it. There are no food shortages in the US as was predicted back then. We have not run out of oil as predicted matter of fact we are swimming in the stuff. Homes are better, highways are better, cars are better, and we are connected together like only dreamed of back in the olden days.

But, bitchin is relative. Back in the 70s people bitched like they do today. Yesterday was always better than today. The grass is always greener.

Now the question for everyone is simple. Who would trade living in today's US with living in the US during the 60s?

Having lived in the 70s I disagree that things now are that much worse then they were. Back then a color TV was still pricey. Now we carry one in our pocket and can call mom with it. There are no food shortages in the US as was predicted back then. We have not run out of oil as predicted matter of fact we are swimming in the stuff. Homes are better, highways are better, cars are better, and we are connected together like only dreamed of back in the olden days.

But, bitchin is relative. Back in the 70s people bitched like they do today. Yesterday was always better than today. The grass is always greener.

Now the question for everyone is simple. Who would trade living in today's US with living in the US during the 60s?

You lived back then, sure...what were you 3?
Well, I lived back then and I worked back then and back then, in 1973, on MINIMUM WAGE, you could pay rent, run a car and feed yourself. I did and so did a lot of other people. And I could go out any day and have a job by 5:00.
Can you do that now? Your words are a crock of shit.

Last edited:

Well, I lived back then and I worked back then and back then, in 1973, on MINIMUM WAGE, you could pay rent, run a car and feed yourself. I did and so did a lot of other people. And I could go out any day and have a job by 5:00.

wages have been stagnant for 40 years. my father was able to raise 5 kids & my mother stayed home. he had a car & mortgage all with a grade school education & a factory worker's wages... & we did fine without having to go into debt doing it.

You could not live on minimum wage ever, what world were you in back then?

wages have been stagnant for 40 years. my father was able to raise 5 kids & my mother stayed home. he had a car & mortgage all with a grade school education & a factory worker's wages... & we did fine without having to go into debt doing it.

Yes, so did we and my dad drove a bus. But our house wasn't anything to write home about. Our cars were far inferior to today. We got by pretty well but my dad work a lot. Sorry if things did work out for you but minimum wage was never designed to live off of I am not sure why people think it was.

Simple, answer the question I asked at the end. Would you go back? Me thinks in 73 you more than likely lived with mom.

Over population. Too many people, not enough resources. America and the west is being drowned in a influx of "immigrants" from third world counties that overwhelm by force of numbers. Whether they are cheap laborers or are well educated techies, they are working that much harder to survive in the west. I don't like it either. If you have too many rats in a cage, they tend to eat each other.

Some wages are stagnant. Mostly because of the "free" trade deals making the working man less valuable.

I can only speak for myself. I am now making almost 10 times what I made in 82 and everyone around me has had their wages increase. Factory workers are in a jam.

Forum List

Back