Experts Warn of 'Terminator'-Style Military-Robot Rebellion

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by DavidS, Feb 20, 2009.

1. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    :lol: :badgrin: :D

FOXNews.com - Experts Warn of 'Terminator'-Style Military-Robot Rebellion - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

Autonomous military robots that will fight future wars must be programmed to live by a strict warrior code, or the world risks untold atrocities at their steely hands.

The stark warning — which includes discussion of a "Terminator"-style scenario in which robots turn on their human masters — is part of a hefty report funded by and prepared for the U.S. Navy's high-tech and secretive Office of Naval Research.

The report, the first serious work of its kind on military robot ethics, envisages a fast-approaching era where robots are smart enough to make battlefield decisions that are at present the preserve of humans.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  2. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537
    I'ma go home and throw my george foremen lean mean grilling machine out the window.

show that bitch whose running the show around here

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Epsilon Delta

Epsilon Delta Jedi Master

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +364
    I don't think this is laughing matter. In fact this is very scary, and probably closer than any of us can imagine.

Which is why, obviously, we have to cease this shit and prevent these bastards from making super robots to fight their wars. Jesus, don't we ever learn anything?

= \

4. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537
    just make an electromagentic pulse gun

game over for the high tech robots

5. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    You have been reading too many comic book DavidS

Keep in mind that they are fantasy entertainment and NOT reality :eek:

6. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,511
    You really ain't too bright are ya Sunnidiot? EMP (electromagnetic pulse) is generated in the aftermath of a nuclear explosion. Anything within range of the EMP will render all electrical circuits useless.

Incidentally, they have those things for real, right now. Matter of fact, saw it on FutureWeapons on the Military channel. And yes.......they work.

Matter of fact, that could solve a lot of problems in the ME.......drive a truck with an EMP generator into the center of town, switch off all your gear, throw the switch, and send 'em back to the dark ages without bombing them back there.

So no......they're not fantasy. Your belief system is however you islamic prick.

And no Epsilon, you don't have to worry, as the military has made sure to have a guiding HUMAN hand in the operation of all weaponry.

7. Amanda

Amanda Calm as a Hindu cow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    People just can't hear the message James Cameron is trying to tell us. :tongue:

8. Epsilon Delta

Epsilon Delta Jedi Master

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +364
    I don't know if I can trust them, dude. I mean, when it comes to potentially horrible dangerous weapons I just don't like taking my chances. It's bad enough that nowadays one guy flying thousands of feet above the ground can push a button and instantly pulverize a village, but it's not even that anymore. They're making war a video game, and soon nobody's going to think twice that the little red dots are actual people, of flesh and bone, with two legs and no feathers, just like you and I.

Yes, I guess it's kinda funny because there's already so many movies about it. Killer robots attack, yeah, it only happens in movies. But if the fact is that it is true they're making unmanned war machines, capable soon of making decisions by themselves, ever more cognitive, or ever increasing Artificial Intelligence, why is it so ludicrous that a scenario like that will happen? Sure, maybe it won't happen to us. Maybe it'll be another hundred, two hundred, three hundred years, but still why allow it to happen and why not start now? Similarly, it could be 50 years from now. We don't know. Nobody knows.

9. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    abs...you get to get a life....turn off the hilter channel...we use to call the history channel that..but it has gotten much better...but a steady diet of that stuff will make you...well...look at you?

did you wanna be weirdly smart and scarey when you were 12?

10. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    oooo hell....one of the scariest stories i have ever read....i think the title was...i could scream but i have no mouth....o hell i read it many years ago....computers take over..and keep 5 or 6 people to play with....

I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream (Criticism): Information from Answers.com

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream (Paperback) by Harlan Ellison - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

o damned i have blocked this for a long time...it was so creepy.....thanks guys....for the memories