expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

Realistically, no city these days wants to build a new stadium with public money. It’s going to take private money raised by the Rams and the NFL.

• Hate to break it to ya, it would take a ton of public money to keep Kroenke in town. NFL teams are fun, but aren't more valuable than schools, and other public works that benefit more than the football watching segment of society. So, the Rams will probably head west, where truthfully, they should have never left.
  • Well Mr. Vonder Haar your optimism is admirable but the reality of it is Kroenke would be a bad business man to keep the team in St. Louis and shell out his own money for a new stadium. Moving the team back to where it belongs would double the value of the team. Stan is a wise man and unless the city of St. Louis and State of MO bucks up for a new stadium the Rams will likely be headed back home where they belong. Crying a Missouri river about local businesses going under isn't a determining factor. Look at what happen to the Seattle Sonics of the NBA! A successful franchise for nearly 40 years with an attendance rate of 90%+ yet that leach Clay Bennett sucked them out of the 12th largest market to that hole of a town OKC and we heard the same things from the Seattle city officials about it hurting the local businesses affiliated with the Sonics. Bottom line is, Money talks and BS walks. And Stan would be stupid to keep the Rams in St. Louis. LA Rams 2015.
  • Your priorities are a bit skewed. If you think eight games in the Fall makes or breaks any city - let alone St. Louis - you need to take a few economics classes at your local community college. If you're going to see the financial effects of different sports franchises from different leagues with seasons that overlap you can compare money generated during the time of year the Rams and NHL's St. Louis Blues play. I would think businesses in downtown St. Louis would profit more from a successful team that plays 41 home games a season as opposed to one that only plays eight and is consistently losing. The Blues are consistently one of the better teams in the league every year. You didn't even mention them in your little article. Numbers for the NFL in St. Louis will never add up to what the present NFL wants money-wise from a city like STL and it would be foolish to put billions of dollars into St. Louis for a new NFL stadium when a STL NFL team can't even generate that type of dollar.

One more thing. There's a reason the NBA doesn't have a team in St. Louis. They'd rather put a team in Oklahoma City and Sacramento never ever mentioning St. Louis once in any kind of discussion involving relocation or expansion.

Craig s Corner Important to Keep Rams in St. Louis - The Missourian Sports

Last edited:
FRED DRYER SAYS EXACTLY WHAT HE THINKS ABOUT THE RAMS COMING BACK TO LOS ANGELES-"I THINK THEY'RE CLOSING IN ON IT." "THEY ARE THE FRONT RUNNER."

DREYER IS SAYING WHAT MANY SPORTS WRITERS HAVE SAID ON THE RAMS BEING THE FRONT RUNNER.:banana:

Bring Back the Rams on Twitter Tonight Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams Director Tom Bateman will be on Diehard Sports Radio at 7 00 PM PST to... http t.co 9I7bndStQd

Here is a bit of what bateman mentions which is all very interesting-"There are private investors with deep pockets in oakland that i think will work something out to keep them in oakland."

Davis is not going to sell to AEG.He could not sell the entire team if he wanted to.anywhere else in oakland there is jus ta limited fanbase so they would not do well anywhere outside of oakland.

the reason the Rams are the perfect fit for LA is anytime its mentioned they could come back,all I get is positive looks from them.the raiders,we get as many negative looks as positive ones.the chargers,its a questionable look like arent they san diegos team? dont they play in san diego?

they are still making money there and their identity is in san digeo.55 years.oakland is the raiders identity.chargers wont abondon fanbase. people from around the league have said stan wants to be there. not one word on staying in the lou.davis has said he wants to stay in oakland.spanos has said he wants to stay in san diego.

Last edited:
CHARGERS PITCH PLAN FOR NEW STADIUM.

Fabiani said the Chargers could seek a city-wide special election for voters to weigh in as early as June 2015 for approval of a replacement for aging Qualcomm, built in 1967.

Mayor-elect Kevin Faulconer, who will be sworn in on March 3, has pledged to work in good faith toward a stadium solution for the Chargers, as long as it does not include burdening taxpayers.

San Diego Chargers pitch plan for new stadium while remaining protective of L.A. market - ESPN

Last edited:
all very good points.:thup:

The Chargers have been in San Diego for 55 years. The Rams were in LA/OC for 35 of those years, Raiders were in LA for 13 of those years.

If the Chargers are worried about the L.A. market, they should move there. I don't hear the Padres complaining about the Dodgers & Angels.

Last edited:
If Kroenke doesnt commit to ST LOUIS,many fans wont committ to his team.His behaviour clearly contributes to the naotion fans have that he will take the Rams to saint louis the fact he wont say comment about committing to keeping them there like mark davis has with the raiders and dean spanos has with the chargers.

Kroenke may want to go down the road to L.A. Farmer notes that Stan loves it out there. But if he decides to do it, NFL rules and the other folks in SoCal apparently are going to make it pretty bumpy.

NFL Relocation Rules Make Rams Picture Even Cloudier - 101Sports.com

Last edited:
so their plan is what,to fill the dome? that hasnt gone very well.:rofl:

Man this guy is a retard.He probably doesnt even know the rams played in LA for 50 years,what an idiot saying the rams,cant move,they are right where they belong. :lmao:

No they belong in LA,your real team is in arizona,they are the team that belongs in saint louis.:lmao:

New group wants Rams to stay in St. Louis FOX2now.com

they are really in denial thinking they will stay as well.:biggrin::lmao::lmao::lmao::lol:

Last edited:
nobody supports the raiders like oakland and the east bay.and nobody will.who else takes out a second mortage to buy PSL licences like oakland residents did when the team relocated back to the east bay?

especially since you dont have the deep pockets t go build your own,or another city pining to steal you away.

this is a marriage with war wounds to prove it,with so much vested that moving on will be extremely difficult for either side.

Thompson Raiders Oakland were made for each other - San Jose Mercury News

Oh crap, you really stepped in it now. You are going to have 911nut going off the rails! LOL!

Check out this article:

Los Angeles could have a football team again in 12-24 months - The Week

Believe me you wont find an article out there I'm not aware of.lol.Im on top of this.I am way ahead of you on that.

they seem to think it will be Oakland but it's long overdue for a city the size of Los Angeles to have at least one NFL team.

I am way ahead of you on that dude.i saw that article a long time ago.Believe me you wont post an article out there i havent seen a thousand times.lol.Im on top of all this.I been waiting for this moment the last 20 years.Its a dream that going to come true.
the NFL is pushing for two teams.one would be for the NFC,the Rams,the other from the AFC the chargers or raiders.

The Rams are a lock,they have one foot out the door in saint louis. as far as the AFC goes though? they are always putting out propaganda pieces like that trying to confuse the public who it will be back in LA next year trying to keep the public guessing.

Despite what the owners want though I think it will only be the rams and thats because what they always conveinetely leave out in their propaganda pieces is that the majority of the NFL owners dont want the raiders back in LA and you have to have the approval of the majority of the owners to move so thats not happening.

Plus both the rose bowl and the LA coliseum have both said they dont want the raiders in their facility playing there while waiting for the new stadium to be built fot eh next couple years or so.

and the chargers owner dean spanos said this past summer to mark them off the list,that he wants to stay in san diego.He has had many chances to move the team the last few years and is not locked into a lease agreement like kroenke of the rams is till after this season so he could have left a long time ago so there is no reason not to believe him that he wants to stay in san diego.

if there was a second team it would be the chargers.The chargers i could live with being in LA. I dont want it to happen obviously because I want the rams to have LA to themselves.the rams belong in LA,The raiders belong in oakland and the chargers belong in san diego.

so i really hope the chargers stay.but they would be the one team from the AFC that would also move if there is indeed a second team that moves there as well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back