Executive Order to forgive $50,000 in student debt

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011

Congratulations US Taxpayer, looks like you will get to pick up the $50,000 tab of irresponsible college students and families who took on more debt than they could handle because they felt entitled to go to private elite colleges 3 time zones away and concentrate their studies in useless majors that have no demand in the job market. These students and families who feel entitled to this have the audacity to say they have been “enslaved” or victimized by student debt.

Moving forward, there needs to be more controls in place to qualify students and their families towards state and local institutions and concentrations of study that yield good paying jobs.

Check your race cards and class warfare bullshit at the door.

Hey, I went to college... I want $50K of free money for nothing, too.

Now, my entire degree didn’t even cost $50K, I personally borrowed only $2000 to cover those costs, and I had that paid back before I got my first real career job. Why aren’t these worthless shits being expected to pay their debts?

Congratulations US Taxpayer, looks like you will get to pick up the $50,000 tab of irresponsible college students and families who took on more debt than they could handle because they felt entitled to go to private elite colleges 3 time zones away and concentrate their studies in useless majors that have no demand in the job market. These students and families who feel entitled to this have the audacity to say they have been “enslaved” or victimized by student debt.

Moving forward, there needs to be more controls in place to qualify students and their families towards state and local institutions and concentrations of study that yield good paying jobs.

I have zero problem with canceling student debt. Assuming of course its' on the colleges to take the hit, not the government paying off the loan. It is after all partly the colleges fault for offering something it knows damn well is useless.

Well... If they don't know, then they are pretty shitty colleges... And as such should take the hit anyway.

Last edited:
Hey, I went to college... I want $50K of free money for nothing, too.

Now, my entire degree didn’t even cost $50K, I personally borrowed only $2000 to cover those costs, and I had that paid back before I got my first real career job. Why aren’t these worthless shits being expected to pay their debts?

I already answered this. For the same reasons the banks weren't.

Yet no one seems to complain about the massive corporate welfare given to Wall Street and the MIC.

dam.....i wonder if they will get to excusing 50,000 dollars of my mortgage?......
While that is a very good point. . perhaps the solution would be, rather enacting "student loan cancellation," if we could rewind history to the point where the special interests conned both Dems and Repubs to pass legislation to the point where folks could not declare bankruptcy and have those obligations written off and have it reflected on their financial history.

Now. . . I don't know a lot about these issues given my disability and life history, I have never owned property, so feel free to correct me. . . but, if you were in a major car wreck, became a quadriplegic, and could no longer make your note, you could, theoretically, declare bankruptcy and have that mortgage be written off, yes? Didn't Trump himself declare bankruptcy on several properties? Just asking here. . . I don't know everything.

. . . the same would not be true for a med student with several hundred thousand dollars in debt. They would be disabled with that debt for the rest of their disabled lives. The STATE, in it's infinite wisdom given by the banking interests, decided that student loans were not eligible for bankruptcy court because. . . . . . folks that take out those loans are immune to disastrous life events or something? I dunno. :dunno:

Now, if I have made some errors in logic, please feel free to point them out.

Does that apply retroactively? If not, I am going on a 1000 bullet murderous rampage.

If banks and businesses didn't have to pay the money back, I don't see why all should not be held to the same standard.
he banks made bad loans they should be the only ones on the hook for the money

Banks have nothing to do with it. The loans are from the US government.

Stafford Loans are federal loans made by the government, meaning you're borrowing directly from the U.S. Department of Education. That's who you'll repay when it's time, too. Today, 92% of all student loans are made by the federal government.

www.salliemae.com

Do my husband get a refund for filling our debt and responsibilities?

No now we pay for no accounts that refuse to

I paid for my children's secondary education in full. It was painful. And now I have to pay for other kids too, I see.

I guess I should have let my kids take taxpayer-funded loans instead.

$50k for a doctorate in Gender Studies for a student who got C's and will become an activist and/or politician. Isn't that wonderful.

universities01.jpg

universities02.jpg

More like:

Were you responsible and paid off your student loan debt? You did?

YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKER!!!! HAHAHA!!!

And these students entered into a contract. I'm pretty sure no EO can override that contact and I see a federal judge somewhere stopping this as soon as its enacted.

If banks and businesses didn't have to pay the money back, I don't see why all should not be held to the same standard.
he banks made bad loans they should be the only ones on the hook for the money

Banks have nothing to do with it. The loans are from the US government.

Stafford Loans are federal loans made by the government, meaning you're borrowing directly from the U.S. Department of Education. That's who you'll repay when it's time, too. Today, 92% of all student loans are made by the federal government.

www.salliemae.com
I can remember when the interest rate was two percent in 1980 when I got my first one for a whopping one thousand dollars...

Forum List

Back