Exclusive poll: Americans don't think Trump will reduce drug prices

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'Americans don’t have much confidence in President Trump’s pledge to bring down drug prices, according to our latest Axios/SurveyMonkey poll.

Why it matters: It means he hasn't broken through to the public on one of his most prominent health care promises.

• Overall, 61% of respondents said they’re not confident Trump will be able to follow through on his promise of cheaper drugs, while 37% said they’re very confident or somewhat confident that he’ll deliver.
  • Unsurprisingly, the survey found a stark partisan divide: 80% of Republicans said they’re at least somewhat confident Trump will be able to reduce drug prices, while 93% of Democrats are confident he won’t.
  • Independents agree with Democrats.'

I don't care much what Reps think on this (they have become sheep) or Dems (they hate everything Trump says - usually with good reason, IMO).
I care what people like me - indy's - think.

And they do not believe Trump gives a rat's ass about drug prices.

And neither do I.

Trump is not affected by drug prices. And Trump has - IMO - proven time and again that he does not care about anything that does not directly affect him.

No president these past 20 years has succeeded in lowering drug prices, but for all Trump's supposed flaws and failures, you somehow think he's unique. In our own twisted way.

What are you expecting him to do? Oh yeah, fail. Like you want him to. It's not that he doesn't care about other people, it's simply that you want him to not care about other people. Something has to buttress that weak "I HATE TRUMP1!!!1!!!1!!111!" argument of yours.

As the ever wise Jedi Master Yoda said to a young Anakin Skywalker:

See through you, I can.

Last edited:
Exclusive poll = some guy asked his neighbors.

I'm still waiting for the president to stop hurricanes and give everybody new cars.

'Americans don’t have much confidence in President Trump’s pledge to bring down drug prices, according to our latest Axios/SurveyMonkey poll.

Why it matters: It means he hasn't broken through to the public on one of his most prominent health care promises.

• Overall, 61% of respondents said they’re not confident Trump will be able to follow through on his promise of cheaper drugs, while 37% said they’re very confident or somewhat confident that he’ll deliver.
  • Unsurprisingly, the survey found a stark partisan divide: 80% of Republicans said they’re at least somewhat confident Trump will be able to reduce drug prices, while 93% of Democrats are confident he won’t.

I don't care much what Reps think on this (they have become sheep) or Dems (they hate everything Trump says - usually with good reason, IMO).

And neither do I.

Trump is not affected by drug prices. And Trump has - IMO - proven time and again that he does not care about anything that does not directly affect him.
No POTUS can lower drug prices. Big Pharma has way too much power, plus they own the two criminal parties and much of the MSM.

• Banned
Exclusive fact: Nobody cares but you.

:auiqs.jpg:

It is physically/mentally impossible for you to have replied to a post that you do not care about at all.

Plus, the fact that someone actually wrote the article (not to mention the 2,798 U.S. adults who took the survey), proves conclusively that LOTS of people 'care' about the OP.

Shit man...how many lobotomies have you had?

Last edited:
Exclusive fact: Nobody cares but you.

:auiqs.jpg:

It is physically/mentally impossible for you to have replied to a post that you do not care about at all.

Plus, the fact that someone actually wrote the article (not to mention all the dozens/hundreds of people who took the survey), proves conclusively that LOTS of people 'care' about the OP.

Shit man...how many lobotomies have you had?

Asking someone a question and getting an answer does not equate to them caring.

Furthermore, did you not read the post below the one you quoted? Or are compound sentences too complicated for you?

Moving on.

Why should the US President introduce price-fixing for any commercial product?

That's what the market is for.

And neither do I.

Your links says this.

" 61% of respondents said they’re not confident Trump will be able to follow through on his promise of cheaper drugs, "

That does not support your claim that "they do not believe Trump gives a rat's ass about drug prices."

You lied. Badly. To make your point.

That means that not only is your point false, but you know it.

And neither do I.

I actually agree with the take on Trump. If you believe it would be different under Hillary, you're nuts.

`
If this is anything like his supposed agreement with North Korea on nuclear arms, expect a lot of smoke and mirrors but nothing of substance. He lies so much, everything he says is suspect.

Last edited:
Exclusive poll = some guy asked his neighbors.

I'm still waiting for the president to stop hurricanes and give everybody new cars.
Your goddess Opry Whinny has that covered.... Next !! LOL

It is not the job of the Government, nor do they have legitimate power to tell private pharmaceutical companies what they may and may not charge for their products. Simple as that. Anyone who thought Trump was going to do anything to the contrary was seriously misinformed or indulging in fantasies.

And neither do I.

Still looking in Article 2 for any mention where a potus is given the authority to set prices, wholesale or retail. As for campaign promises, believing any of those, by any candidate, is a damn fool thing to do.

I was employed by a big Pharma co. for 5 years as a mechanical engineer and was astounded at the amount of money that it costs to research, develop, and produce new drugs. Which can take years with no return income for the company.

Our R&D department, (many of the people were PhD's) had the same number of people as did the manufacturing side. All of the equipment, down to every nut and bolt, was made from stainless steel, which is very expensive. Plus the entire facility had to be kept spotless clean, and was closely monitored by the FDA.

Like everyone else, I used to think big Pharma was shafting the public with high drug prices until I worked in the industry. Sure they could come down some on drug costs. But they will never be lowered to the rock bottom prices the uninformed detractors feel they should be. ..... :cool:

Last edited:
Trump can't possibly fix everything liberals ruined in 8 years.

Like Trump is the only politician promising this?

Every democrat candidate in MN promised the same thing.

Seems like a starting point for an agreement. :dunno:

Forum List

Back