Exclusive: Mueller's team questioning Russian oligarchs

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Thoughts?

Mueller's team questioning Russian oligarchs - CNNPolitics

Special counsel Robert Mueller's team has taken the unusual step of questioning Russian oligarchs who traveled into the US, stopping at least one and searching his electronic devices when his private jet landed at a New York area airport, according to multiple sources familiar with the inquiry. A second Russian oligarch was stopped during a recent trip to the US, although it is not clear if he was searched, according to a person briefed on the matter. Mueller's team has also made an informal voluntary document and interview request to a third Russian oligarch who has not traveled to the US recently.

The situations have one thing in common: Investigators are asking whether wealthy Russians illegally funneled cash donations directly or indirectly into Donald Trump's presidential campaign and inauguration. Investigators' interest in Russian oligarchs has not been previously reported. It reveals that Mueller's team has intensified its focus into the potential flow of money from Russia into the US election as part of its wide-ranging investigation into whether the Trump team colluded with Russia's interference in the 2016 presidential election. The approach to Russian oligarchs in recent weeks may reflect that Mueller's team has already obtained records or documents that it has legal jurisdiction over and can get easily, one source said, and now it's a "wish list" to see what other information they can obtain from Russians entering the US or through their voluntary cooperation.

Last edited:
Mueller is stopping random rich Russians to find out how they spend their money.

That's simply strange. That's desperation.

• Banned
Mueller is stopping random rich Russians to find out how they spend their money.

Yeah, but if it turns out that some of that spending includes illegally funneling cash into Trump's campaign then Trump could be in some hot water.

Thoughts?
I am beginning to think that the "big fish" prey of Mueller's investigation may not be Trump, but rather Russian spies and cutouts who have been stealing U.S. secrets -- government and industrial -- and attempting to/actually co-opt and compromise our political system.

Looks like he has a wide range of targets. I will be excited to see the results of his investigation.

Thoughts?
I am beginning to think that the "big fish" prey of Mueller's investigation may not be Trump, but rather Russian spies and cutouts who have been stealing U.S. secrets -- government and industrial -- and attempting to/actually co-opt and compromise our political system.

Looks like he has a wide range of targets. I will be excited to see the results of his investigation.
Well, we've some already, and I'm pleased with what he's delivered thus far. I too want to read his final report. Sadly, I suspect the version of it that gets released to the public may, to the extent it describes the activities, and their means and modes, of Russian state actors, spies, cutouts, etc., much of it may be redacted, though I have no idea of how heavily or lightly.

Thoughts?

Well, we've some already, and I'm pleased with what he's delivered thus far. I too want to read his final report. Sadly, I suspect the version of it that gets released to the public may, to the extent it describes the activities, and their means and modes, of Russian state actors, spies, cutouts, etc., much of it may be redacted, though I have no idea of how heavily or lightly.

Patience--------Patience

Thoughts?

Patience--------Patience
That I plenty of. I'm fine with waiting for Mueller to complete the investigation.

Yeah, but if it turns out that some of that spending includes illegally funneling cash into Trump's campaign then Trump could be in some hot water.

Trump would only be in hot water if he knew the source of the donations.

What was this investigation about again? It’s like mewler was sent to the store for milk and ended up in South America.

What was this investigation about again? It’s like mewler was sent to the store for milk and ended up in South America.

And Whitewater started out as an investigation into a failed business deal, and several years later ended up whining about Clinton's blowjob. Get back with me in a few more years and we will talk about how long investigations should last.

I bet the Russians are shaking in their boots over intentionally lying and facing a perjury charge

Forum List

Back