Exactly How Does Christ 'Love the Church'?

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
A Christian value:
Love your husband/wife the way Christ loves the church. The result of that Christian value would be a 0 divorce rate.

So... Exactly how does Christ love the church?

Such ambiguous terms sound great from the pulpit when nobody is willing to admit that the preacher's flowery words are without definition, action and substance.

If love is to be defined as a verb, meaning action, how does Christ "love His Church"?

Is the love of Christ demonstrated in the blessings that regularly pour in to the likes of IRS defined, and protected "churches" like Day$tar Television Network and Kenneth Copeland Ministries?

Is acquiring control over resources and wealth proof of The God of Abraham influencing the life of a Monkey?
:dunno:

That's an easy one Joe.
Jesus said, This is how much I love you, then He stretched out His arms and died in our place. There is no greater love than giving one's life for his friend.

If everybody that had anything to do with Christ was dirt poor, then would the rest of the monkeys be happy, or would they use the poverty to prove God must not love his children very much.

But how does that translate into current action?

How does Christ love His Church in the here and now?

Ephesians 5:25-27
Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish

"You see, a pimp's love is very different from that of a square."

I don't think Christ was that gung ho on churches. He was more in to loving the people..not the house.

The "Church" is the bride of CHRIST AND IS LOVED AS SUCH!!!

Ephesians 5:25-27
Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish

Nice talking points.

Now, if you'd be so kind, please expound on these and tell me how Christ expresses that love in the here and now.

Is the Church simply pining away, lost in His absence and awaiting His return like a lonely girl awaits word from her busy sailor?

Does Christ have any kind of an actionable relationship with the modern Church in addition believers patiently waiting for His return?

I don't think Christ was that gung ho on churches. He was more in to loving the people..not the house.

So, does that translate in to action in the here and now, or has Christ been simply absent from His creation for the last few thousand years?

When Christ left, He gave us the Holy Spirit as a guide until He returns. His physical absence from earth is temporary. His spiritual presence never left.

Thing is, Jesus came here to the Jews. Had His own accepted Him, He would have taken His place in the Temple, and the Pharisees could have told their flock," Need a new arm? blind? crippled? blood issues? tears? Jesus will be at the Temple curing all ailments at 6pm on Sunday".
He would have never left. But they rejected Him, so He turned to the Gentile.

God set up 5 ages for man from the Age of Innocence to the Age of the Law. < At the end of that age, Christ came to fulfill the Law for the Jews and return them to the mechanism of grace. But when they rejected Him, He added an age, the Era of the Gentile, and gave us 2,000 years to turn to Him also.

In the interim, He will use our hearts as a domicile. And will instruct the angel of the church of.... And the angel of the church of................And the other angels of the churches of........ Just like he did in the beginning of Revelation.
He will entrust His flocks to His teachers just like He entrusted His flock to His disciples to carry on His work until He returns.

As for brick and mortar, there are 7 churches that Paul started. One of which had thousands upon thousands of parishioners put to death on crosses because of their faith in Christ.
Those 7 churches and their successors will join Christ in the Temple. He refers to them as the 7 golden lampstands:

Revelation 2:1 "To the angel of the church in Ephesus write:
This is the message from the one who holds the seven stars in his right hand, the ... in His right hand, the One who walks among the seven golden lampstands...

If two or more gather in His name, He joins them. He is never more than a thought away. He'll guide every step you take if you let Him. He died to keep our souls in good health. His love for us never ends regardless of His location. We are never alone if we call His name.

So, If some one feels far from Christ, guess who moved. ;)

Last edited:
He never said Love The Church...did He? Why would He say such a silly thing?

He said Love Each Other.

A Christian value:
Love your husband/wife the way Christ loves the church. The result of that Christian value would be a 0 divorce rate.

Such ambiguous terms sound great from the pulpit when nobody is willing to admit that the preacher's flowery words are without definition, action and substance.

If love is to be defined as a verb, meaning action, how does Christ "love His Church"?

Is the love of Christ demonstrated in the blessings that regularly pour in to the likes of IRS defined, and protected "churches" like Day$tar Television Network and Kenneth Copeland Ministries?

Is acquiring control over resources and wealth proof of The God of Abraham influencing the life of a Monkey?

Kenneth Copeland has departed from the faith. He is not even considered a teacher of the Word, Joe. He's a false teacher who preaches for the Gospel of Hedonism. Melody Land - certain ministers inside charasmatic movement were paid millions of dollars years ago for their part in uniting the RCC with the evangelicals and working to erase borders of denominations - interfaithism, unite all churches under umbrella of the RCC. Copelands own director Tony Palmer came back to Copelands church on orders of the Pope to tell the people they are no longer Protestants but Catholics now. He didn't ask. He told them. Copeland stood by on stage and didn't open his mouth other than to say how wonderful and gush over the pope! I have the video if you are interested in seeing it....

Copeland told his people to listen to Palmer and the Pope. Copeland isn't about to lose the money he was given. Copeland was bought with Illuminati money and Tony Palmer - Copelands former Director of Copeland Ministries - is another illuminati guy who is now best buds with the Pope. It was pretty obvious what they were doing, he never was a christian but he fooled plenty of folks. Then he converted to Anglican and claimed he was an Anglican priest and in this latest news I am told he claims he is a Catholic priest now. I know he is on alot of assignments for the Pope and I'm wondering where he hid his wife??! :eek:

Last edited:
A Christian value:

True love is the opposite of selfishness. If I were a person who truly and unselfishly loved everything and everyone, I would spend every waking conscious hour doing what I can to benefit the whole, even if it meant that I must sacrifice all personal (selfish) pleasures. I would be prepared to give my life at any moment for the betterment of the whole without hesitation.

If a "Christ" exists in some form, why would it be impossible to believe that he "loves" the church?

Last edited:
UPDATE* One more breaking news report. The Arch Bishop Gregory in Altanta, Ga. was discovered to be the owner of a 2.2 million dollar mansion yesterday. It was headlines in Atlanta Journal. You should see this place. Talk about opulence. I was wondering how does an Arch Bishop of the Roman Catholic Church get his name into a parishioners will and buy himself a 2.2 million dollar mansion?! What happened to that vow of poverty???!!!

Have a look at this house and tell me this shyster doesn't have nerve. The hirelings will not protect the flock folks! This man is a hireling! The Catholics would be better to give their money to poor people, elderly on a fixed income, single parents then to give it to the RCC so this can go on.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/religion/archbishop-apologizes-for-22-million-home/nfPq4/

How does Jesus show his love for us? By exposing the wolves inside the church. That is first. He never leaves us or forsakes us. His Word is a light unto our path and we cannot fail if we will believe the words of Christ. There was no such thing as a wealthy early church. Nor is there any such thing as a wealthy church today. The money goes out as fast as it comes in. That is what happens in a real church. But not the false ones!!!

Get that fat cat in the Vatican and tell him to put his money where his mouth is and dump that Vatican gold into the streets. It belongs to the people! That was what it was given for! Not their 2.2 million dollar homes, BMW's, lavish vacations, that monstrocity of a Vatican and the land that is attached to it. The RCC is a Trillion dollar business. With a "T". SELL IT ALL - GIVE IT TO THE POOR AND GO FOLLOW CHRIST - The Rich Young Rulers are alive and well on the earth today! OH! THE IRONY!

It is amazing to me that the leaders of the largest churches in the world - Kenneth Copeland Ministries, Roman Catholic Church, Joel Osteen have all stored their wealth here on earth when Jesus said store it in heaven! Is there a judgment coming? You bet there is! Jesus said, Woe unto you rich! You have your reward!!

Last edited:
A Christian value:

True love is the opposite of selfishness. If I were a person who truly and unselfishly loved everything and everyone, I would spend every waking conscious hour doing what I can to benefit the whole, even if it meant that I must sacrifice all personal (selfish) pleasures. I would be prepared to give my life at any moment for the betterment of the whole without hesitation.

If a "Christ" exists in some form, why would it be impossible to believe that he "loves" the church?
We are Christs hands and feet here on the earth. The Christians who have the fruit of the Holy Spirit controlling their lives are ambassadors for Christ upon the earth. How much evidence do you need? How about Hand of Help Ministry founded by Dumitru Duduman that has helped thousands of orphans, elderly and poor in Romania? How about Richard Wurmbrands ministry Voice of the Martyrs that pays for medical aid for victims of Islamist attacks? Who spend their lives on mission fields in the 10 / 40 window preaching the gospel, feeding the poor and clothing the hungry? How about Popoff's ministry Open Doors? How about Brother Andrew - the bible smuggler and his ministry outreach? How about David Wilkersons ministry which was made famous through the movie, the cross and the switchblade. How about the undercover work for Christians going into North Korea? They know before they go in their life span expectancy is about 30 days. What greater love is there than for a man or woman to be willing to lay their very own life down for you, Kevin? Christs love is all around you. Jesus is alive. His love is alive and those who have misrepresented him are the ones who are going to perish in this upcoming judgment that is about to fall upon America. - Jeri

Last edited:
That's an easy one Joe.
Jesus said, This is how much I love you, then He stretched out His arms and died in our place. There is no greater love than giving one's life for his friend.

If everybody that had anything to do with Christ was dirt poor, then would the rest of the monkeys be happy, or would they use the poverty to prove God must not love his children very much.

That's the perfect answer and the truth. Total, selfless, self-sacrifice.

Here's how Christ loves the saints, shown in Matthew:

At that time Jesus declared, &#8220;I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.&#8221;

&#8220;Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, &#8216;What shall we eat?&#8217; or &#8216;What shall we drink?&#8217; or &#8216;What shall we wear?&#8217; For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

(ESV)

Last edited:
Good post Max. It is one of my favorite descriptions of Christ. He is gentle and kind and loved us enough to carry our burden while being beaten beyond recognition, then hung on a cross by man. The very creatures He came to redeem.
How sad that the only man made thing in Heaven are scars.

Forum List

Back